Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / FFVII - Extream lack of pipes here people.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 18:33
Ok So I love FFVII. Or at least I used to, then I sold my PSX. So last week I bought a 2nd hand PS1 with FFVII and a memory card for £25 - bargain!

I have had much fun playing it in the odd bits of spare time I've had, but now I have become stuck somewhere that I'm sure I know what to do

Ok so I'm in the town after the plate falls, the one with the Dons Mansion, Honey Bee Inn, etc. I've done the whole Gay Squats and Dressing like a woman thing (If you haven't played the game, don't ask) and now I need to climb the Pipe to the fallen plate. I have been to the weapon shop and bought the batteries to use, and numerous ppl in game keep telling me to climb the pipe. However when I go there, its not there!

I remembered the pipe as being up the top, when you get to the entrance of the Dons mansion, go right and theres a screen which is just a big grey wall with red graffiti on it. I'm pretty sure the pipe should have appeared here when the plate fell down. But it hasn't! Any ideas why? Am I remembering wrong and looking in the wrong place? Do I have to do something first? I have seemingly been in every building and talked to everybody, and I've been hit with so many random battles, my party are all now over level 15, with 4 materia assigned to each which is kinda ridiculous this early in the game

I've been stuck here randomly battling for days ppl, please how do I get my pipe back? lol.

Of course, being a second hand cd, it may be slightly scratched or damaged, but it seems a strange blip to have, so I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong or just looking in the wrong place

Any help appreciated as always!
Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 19:46
don't remember that part... but i only played through that game once.
there are alot of Walkthroughs on the net - i'm sure you can find where your at one of them

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 20:28 Edited at: 11th Apr 2003 20:29
You did do the sewer boss fight right? It's been a long time since I played that game. I bet it's some minior detail you over looked, I once spend 3 hours in Mario RPG trying to figure how to get to the mushroom kingdom, only to realize you have to go back to the castle first. Any way, just talk to everone, you can alway find a walkthrough on the net if that don't work. I don't think a bad cd would do it, maybe make an attack wouldn't work (happen to me in Xenogears), but it shouldn't effect events like that.

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 02:11
Mario RPG is good..
Kangaroo2, r u using cheats?

Always has, never will
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 12:52
A few things, try buying batteries first from the weapon shop, not sure that'll work.

Press select, if a arrow shows up try to climb it.

AWESOME GAME! WOW WHEN I FIRST DONE THE LAST FIGHT! Phew ... Soooo great.

[url][/url]
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 16:39
As I remember it, there is a section of the game to the right top corner, right at the top of the 'wall market' was it, where the pipe is. Turn the helping things on that show you the places you can go from one screen to the other and you'll find it.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 16:06
its a shame they didnt finish the full translation..the english version is not the fulll one
the janapese couldnt translate it in time..

Always has, never will
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 16:07
at the end aeris is alive i think

Always has, never will
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 16:15
What? Didn't she die and then get dropped into some water?

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 22:55 Edited at: 13th Apr 2003 22:56
Nah, I like the fact that she died and didn't come back. I'm pretty sure it did get fully traslated becuase they added 2 extra monsters, Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon. One would think that they would get the basics done and add extras if they had time.

So Kangaroo2, you get past that spot yet?

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 23:13
But its a bit annoying that I spent all that time training her up and then she dies! Her limit breaks were pretty useful too. Maybe Kang doesn't want to know that she does, oh well, too late now!

Shining Moonblade
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL. FFVII was an AWESOME game.

Aeris died and was gone for the whole thing. Unless there was some secret ending that I don't know about. It was awful that I spent so much time training her and then Sephiroth has to come flying down and spear her through.....Ouch. (If anyone got her final Limit Break, lemme know....you must have been playing for a LONG time)

If I remember right, you had to use the batteries in the little machines to get sent flying up. Is there an area around where the pipe should be with an elevator or catapult or something? Was there a machine in the weapons shop your could rent or buy? (I remember something like a tank sitting there, but not much more....)

It's sad that my total time on the game was 100 hrs + and I can't remember....I leveled everyone up hideously and did everything but the S rating Chocobo thing....then again I haven't played it in 3 years...

The moon empowers my blade and commands me to destroy you all!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 01:47
Yeah, same here, 100 hrs! FFVII was the best one, even including FFX. I really like the story and the diversity of locations, the battles didn't really matter that much to me, although getting all the materia was fun. Now that I come to think of it, I haven't actually completed the final boss , but I cannot be arsed to go back and train up my people tonnes, and besides, Ive seen the ending cos the video files are on the CD if you get the PC version (and also my brother completed it a while ago).

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 03:47
FFX was just pure bile... FFIX was the best one
i think someone's holding Sam hostage in a garage somewhere in new york, with lots of guys with infrared scope weaponry and a want for pure revenge...

hmm else i saw that in a recent movie and Sam is alive and well somewhere in Sommerset

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 07:26
I think FF VI and FF VII are the best, I got the S rank chocobo, and I started to work on getting everyones final Limit Breaker, but after 10 hours of nothing but level building, I desided on calling it quits. Ya know, the onlt games wear I accually had to level build was Xenogears. Try fighting Dues without most of Fei's Deathblows can be difficult, but resently I bought a super powerful engine from Big Joe (in the old riuns under the Lighthouse), it make most of my normal attack do 2000 dammage, I could get 9999 easy in hyper mode. Back to FF VII, how many of you guys got both Yuffie and Vincent? When I get the time I'm gonna try to do the Gold Star date event with Yuffie, I've done it with both Tifa and Aeris, but not Yuffie.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 07:45
but we're all agreed, final fantasy:mystic quest was just blagh

The 3D Modeler's Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3dModeler/
The Unofficial DB Newsgroup : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DBMag/
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 09:03
No joke, the USA should keep out of Square's hair.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 12:21
lmao Sorry every1 I was indeed held capture and forced to actually do some work the last few days

Thanx 4 all the suggestions guys, yup I did buy the batteries and was looking in exactly that place. Finally I've got up the blummin pipe and all is hunky dory, stupidly enough seemingly all I needed to do was sleep in the hotel for a night, must have been a time release thing So I was in the right place with the right stuff, just a day 2 early

Don't worry guys you haven't spoiled the plot 4 me, I've played (and completed) FFVII twice before. Which was why it was annoying being stuck cos I knew I was doin it right

Anyway thanx for the help every1 And yup Mario RPG was v cool, as was Paper Mario I personally liked FF5, 6, & 7, not to keen on 8 and 10, never played 9. I have translated hacked versions of 1-3 but haven't played them properly yet

Cheers, Sam/K2

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 13:48
8 was just a waste of space... and 10's battle system is what puts me off alot, that and they tried to remake 8 lol

if you get a chance, 9 should be like in the £10 bin now good game ... bloody long compaired to the others if you want to complete it properly and not just complete it normally, took me almost 400hours to beat that damn'd planet thing. lol
(and if you don't know what i'm on about and you've played it then you've no idea how much more you've got to do )

problem i find is that i'm bad at getting people stats up and such, and after a while with just fighting and no real story just trying to get thier powers up i tend to get bored outta my head.
9 had a truely aweful stroy, but it had simply the best of all the battle systems

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 18:47
ff7 Was the best...
i got all limit breaks, and completed the game, but never killed diamond or ruby weapon

Always has, never will
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 19:05
I dunno, 10 wasn't too bad. I didn't like how it ended, and it was way too easy, also the lack of a world map really sucked, I don't care if it made it more realistic or whatever.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 03:48
I liked 10's ending, it kinda bummed me out when I heard they're makig a FF X2. yeah FF IX had a great battle system but that story killed it for me, it had promise but it lacked something. Like you said, Raven, I can't stand to level build for very long. Speaking of which, I still gotta beat Xenosaga. Man, I need more free time.

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
FF7 IS THE GREATEST RPG STORY I'VE EVER SEEN! (That's my opinion don't bas me for it).

Sorry I can't answer your question k2. lol

seeya

FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
I never really got into FF7 mainly because I had it wen I had my old buggy PC (might install it on the new one) but as far as RPG's go at the moment im really enjoyin Neverwinter Nights...I know its not the same type of RPG in fact is leaning a hell of alot more on adventure but I bought it today and have been on it for like 12 hours, and im still not very far lol. Very emersive game.

DaZ

"There is only two ways of this island, the first is in pieces and the seconds with me." -(ReX/DaZ)
genryu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 18:19
i got to almost got to the end of 3rd disk ff9 but i couldnt be bothered to do it because my sister deleted my data ff7 is the best took me 80 hours to complete includeing all the weapons the ending one winged angel song is the best boss tune ever

there are only three types of people in the world those who can count and those who cant
Shining Moonblade
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure you guys remember the odd numbering problems that Final Fantasy has had here. FF6 in Japan was FF3 here (so what were the other Japanese FFs?), FF2 was FF4. 5 was normal (I think).

I like 9, although Zidane's face was "bloated" (if you've played the game you probably know what I mean) in the cutscenes.

10's ending was kinda stupid. X-2 has turned into nothing more than a slut-fest from what I've seen. They had to go and ruin a good game....

I heard something about a FF7-2 a while ago. Nothing major...but that would be kinda fun. Red XIII (Was is 13? My brother called him 8, or vica versa, so I was always confused) was probably the only one alive at the very end of the ending cutscene. (No!!!!) So I wonder what they'll do with it....

Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 04:34
FF7 was the first FF I played, it was really good, however I didn't like how you could customize EVRYTHING. and drawing power from enemys in FF8 was even worse. FF9 was good, vivi-black magic, garnet/dagger-summons and white magic. They had set spells. FF10 is good, the whole game is a little strange, but all of them are. I think Sephroth was a better boss then sin.

Im stuck on 10 at that dragon you fight on the airship after you blow up the al behd home. It's kind of funny, the ships shoots missles to blow up the home and it causes this mass explosion, then fighting the dragon the missles do about 1000 damage, but Auren's regular attack dose about 1500 damage for me right now........just so you know

As I walk through the vally of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
- Psalms 23:4
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 21:40
Yeah, the first FF I played was 4 then 6, man I was hooked at 6. By the way I got FF1 for the NES, FF 2, 3, and Mistic Quest (Yuck) for the SNES, FF 6 for SFC, FF Anthologies, Chonologies, Tactics, VII, VII, and XI for PS1, and FF X for PS2. I need to get the new PS1 game that has FF 1 and 2 on it, then I'l only be missing FF 3, <insert evil weirdo laugh>.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 23:21
I have ROMS of FF1 , 2 and 3 on NES, translated (badly ), and have full versions of 5,6,7,8 and 10. Have 1-4 been comercially released in English either in Europe or the States, on NES or PSX ? I can get a copy of 9 easily, I'd kind of like to have finished all of them

Shining Moonblade
Years of Service
User Offline
Sheesh.....I'm not sure if they've been released. Where'd you get them? The version of 6 I have is translated fine.

@Arrow
You're not the only one who was so drawn in by 6. That has to be one of the pinnacle games for the SNES.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 09:04
So far the only Final Fantasy not relesed to the US/Europe is FF3 (not including spin offs aka FF Tactics, or the game boy games since most aren't really FF games, they just got the name changed). I still need to beat FF1 (unGodly hard, worst than FF4) and FF5 (I'm so close, I just need to find the time).

Quote: "You're not the only one who was so drawn in by 6. That has to be one of the pinnacle games for the SNES."
SNES nothing, that game was a pinnacle of the entire industery. 32bit graphics, amazing music, hell the opera scene was voted the third greatest moment in game history (Gamer Informer, issue 115, page 72, The 25 Greatest Moments in Video Games)

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2003 15:25
"Sheesh.....I'm not sure if they've been released. Where'd you get them?"

http://w1.874.telia.com/~u87403528/ has them I think

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 07:28:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 07:28:26