Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / microsoft...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 02:49 Edited at: 14th Apr 2003 02:51
...are complete and total smeg heads!!! They are trying to buy out id software to make Doom 3 an XBOX only title! ARGGGG! . Ive really had enough with them...

Doom 3 is excellent, iv played the e3 demo, the graphics and effects just amaze me and it is damn scary. It was a little slow but i think thats just the huge amount of shaders that it uses, but wow... Anyway i don't think that the xbox is capable of producing those type graphics.

Doom 3 should be sold as a PC game cause it well and truly kicks ass. A ps2/gamecube version of the game will be released later on cause i heard ps2 and gamecube don't support some of the effects n stuff and they have to be reprogrammed so its compatible. i think that xbox shouldn't have doom3 cause of the pure selfishness and greed of the microsoft corparation.

Halo for example was going to be released on PC (from what i've heard) but MS decide "i know, we shall buy exclusive rights for a brilliant game and make people pay £300 for an xbox to play it." So the pc version of halo is delayed for about a year... its coming out in june sometime apparently.

I just thought id express my deep rage at microsoft because doom is the best . Im sure the guys n gals who program for microsoft are alright .

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 03:01
doom 3 is already coming out for xbox i have seen the xbox screen shots i don't really like microsoft they don't play fair they just buy everyone out twats, i also played the demo i'ts slow cos it was alpha code the final version will not need such a beast of a pc to play it can't wait for when they release it.

2ghz, ati radeon mobility 32mb DDR, 30gb, 256mb DDR ram, Win Xp

http://www.apollo-design.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 03:14
Microsoft can try to buy out whoever they like, but as the 2 major share holders in id are John and Adrian which between them own over 35% with another 30% split between the rest of the team - the only rights that Microsoft could actually get is Publishing rights from Activision, which quite frankly ain't gonna happen cause id are Activision's biggest asset.
to suceed we're talking a deal at the $100billion mark, which believe it or not Microsoft just couldn't afford that after the losses from the XBox itself and recent purchases of Bungie and Rare.

Not to mention the PC version is already Gold, infact it should be in the shops next week. How the hell Microsoft expect to stop that god knows.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 08:41
there not tring to buy ID, they just bought xbox only right to doom 3 for the first year, it wont appear on any other consol until then, this has no effect on the pc version, this is the same thing they did with splintercell now it out for all system as well. I think its just smart business, nintendo use to bar developer from developing for other systems aswell.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 17:31
But doom3 is meant to be a PC game, we shouldnt have to wait another year to play it cause of that damn Xbox!!! Besides half the effects that d3 uses wont work with xbox so we have to wait longer for it to come out

Doom3 should be brought out on PC first, they better not make us wait another year cause of the Xbox cause quite simply, the XBOX is s***.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 17:33
Bash,boy!

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 23:07
Inferno the bloody thing is already the Electronic Boutiqué stores waiting for release date this friday...
EXPLAIN HOW MICROSOFT CAN STOP THAT?
especially as its a world wide release (or suppose to be)

kinda cool Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness PCCD is going directly head-to-head with Doom3 PCCD

from what i've been reading up all Microsoft have purchased is the right for the other consoles not to get it for another year... but as id software still has to translate be the blasted thing that kinda was a given anyways - god knows their idea behind this strategy lol

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 00:31
xbox is not that bad inferno have you seen the halo 2 trailer and screen shots all rendered in real time by xbox!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 00:39
personally i like the XBox... i mean think about it - you can't buy that kinda power for $200 even as a budget PC w/o monitor.
I mean if all you wanna do is play games and surf the net its a pretty good machine and cheap

i think people hate it cause its microsoft... that and the fact its the size of a small VCR hehee
this isn't to say i'm a fan of the XBox - GameCube will always be the baby of my desires, but if i had to pick between the PS2 and the XBox - i just can't stand the PS2 i'm afraid, i mean its more expensive than the XBox, its less powerful and the games made for it are just not even close to thier XBox and GC counterparts.

i mean you played Primal on the GC then on the PS2 ... its like playing Quake2 on a state of the art machine and then on the machine it was originally aimed at.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 01:19
@raven: Sorry, i thought they were still making it I heard that the release date for it was in November...

I don't hate the graphics of the Xbox, its just that good games with good graphics are going out on xbox and are delayed for about a year before it comes out on PC or other consoles.

Im looking forward to angel of darkness... i love tomb raider, especially tr2 and chronicals. The only problem is they keep on delaying it. AOD was supposed to come out last year... Im just hoping its worth the wait

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 01:23
I'd buy an X-Box apart from the fact that I'd have to rebuild my house to fit it in

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 01:25
well the delays haven't really been delays, the Core team projected a Spring Q1-2003 release - but somehow because it seemed complete last E3 everyone was like "oh its comming out soon" but what they've not seen how much the Ai and puzzle that have been added.

it is certainly a HUGE boost over the others, its just remarkable what a leap it is. and the majority of the wait for PC users is because of Sony (blast you PLAYSTATION!) which most PS2 owners already know how quality this game is hehee

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 02:09 Edited at: 15th Apr 2003 02:13
i have an xbox but i personally think that ps2 games better in general i mean you have the likes of vice city, gran turismo and the best game in the world PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2 can't wait for pro evolution 3! and then there is loads of other games that ps2 has that are good.

Also i agree that GC is better piece of hardware for games than ps2 i played fifa 2003 on my friends ps2 and it got jerky quite often not enough to really bother you but then i played it on my game cube (cos i dont have a ps2 for pro evolution) and it never dropped a frame dunno if thats lazy coding by ea but i think the ps2 currently has better games but the others are catching up!

p.s anyone heard the new feeder single it's cool.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 03:24
yeah i've heard it, but i'm not too fussed on feeder.
i have however heard the new Chemical Brother single ... if i wasn't just happy as a kittie with katnip at Evanecsence i'd have to say that'd be my favourite track around now.

has anyone heard that true GOD AWFUL Madonna song? the only time i liked that girl was the Ray of Light album, i think that gothic techno style suited her alot - pitty she abandoned it for another poppy image (BLECK!)

but back to the subject at hand, the problem with the PS2 Graham is that it's like its poor technology - and with thier rush to capture the market Microsoft and Nintendo too the time to fully develop and intergrate some truely remarkable machines.
Mircosoft with proven nVidia technology and Nintendo also with proven technology ... they didn't rush the machine out either, the Gamecube wast released when it was ready for the market with enough games to make it worth while.

The result is a full C SDK language which is so amazing Microsoft really should take a look at it for thier next DirectX APi - and a Hardware designed to make sure that everything is synced.
Not to mention that the PS2 is running at several Bit Speeds, the XBox is a 64bit machine and the Gamecube is a 128bit machine - both are native bit machines, everything in them is synced to it.
makes them as smooth as bacardi and coffee

personally i don't think the PS3 will survive the market to be honest, even with the back catalouge of games which will run on it - it's still essentially just a slightly updated PS2 and not worth the effort ... Sony tanked with the PS2 just as Sega did with the Saturn, and though the sales are good if it wasn't a DvD player as well as a games console i doubt it would've made such an impact in the market.

i'm not trying to knock to console here, i mean it is a good console, however really Sony had thier hayday with the Playstation and the PS2 has been a good sucess - but after design5 for the PS3 and rumours that is being redesigned again when the 'Chameleon' is already well under development taking a more N64 Route of twin consoles and the XBox2 currently being heavily developed by nVidia... unless Sony change thier stance, Microsoft and Nintendo will out power them and underwrite the costs just as they have within this console war - and it is showing with falling sales for Sony (hense the recent news of the PS 2.1 which is suppose to be similar to the PSone).

Sony will be trying to win this war and keep customers with more games available and with more gimmics, to be honest i doubt they can do it
the StarCube will never see the light of day cause of costs, thats what i think.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 01:06 Edited at: 16th Apr 2003 01:08
yeah i think xbox is a great piece of hardware but needs a few more decent games, i agree with you on the ps2 being poor hardware i was expecting something amazing but was disapointed when i eventually seen it they obviously just wanted to stop the dreamcast from taking a good position in the console war and really stopped the ps2 from becoming the console it could have been but still has some killer titles.

with ps3 i do not think they will retain the position they hold in the console market with cos microsoft and nintendo now have a good oppertunity to to take the lead now with some good titles coming out for both of them and the fact that xbox 2 is going to be released by microsoft before sony roll out ps3 just hope they do not make the same mistake though and rush xbox like sony did with the ps3.

And i can't believe you do not like feeder did you like the song insomnia that is an excellent song if you havent heard it then download it you don't know what your missing till you hear it!

p.s i hate the name graham

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 02:21
lol fair enough Icf ... nope don't like Feeder even slightly, they're good just ain't my cuppa is all

XBox2 no doubt is gonna be set using CgFX as nVidia is involved, i don't see it being rushed as nVidia have never been known to rush hardware off the line - they do it with software, but not hardware.
Even at this earli stage with the same speed processor the XBox2 would be 4x the speed of the XBox just upgrading to DDR2-600Mhz/GeForce Fx NV30/nForce2
oki maynot sound like much, but you know what the XBox is capable of now - 4x that is close to CGr in realtime... but then they should focus this time more on the control system of the console.
Bring in Gravis to do the gamepad for it, have the technology smaller so that it is a much more compact console. Preferably make it more of a looker - this curretn generation are just pretty ugly for the most part.

i mean the cube is nice, tiny and portable - but it just doesn't have the style of the N64 does it

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 02:49
Im quite horrified you dont like feeder you must like "A" though another excellent band.

can you tell me something cos i heard that nvidia are gonna scrap the geforce fx after a few hundred thousand cos it does not compete against the new radeon and release nv35 or something do you know if this is true cos i can't imagine that.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 03:43
hehee A is definately class (^_^) not heard much from then in the past 6months...

sounds like an ATi user rumour to me to undermine nVidia, i've not heard any news of this. Right now i'm pretty much entangled within the whole nVidia web of news because i'm getting new beta drivers and latest stats on NV30's performance daily with hundreds of stress tests cause of what i'm working on for nVidia.

and the fact that it could be replaced with the NV35 is just a joke in itself. as the NV35 runs at 1/4 of the speed of the NV30, and although there are 2features implimented within the NV31+ chipsets which was left out of the original version, they're only minor alterations which have nothing to do with speed at all.

NV35 is the GeForce FX Mx 5200 ~350Mhz
NV30 is the GeForce FX Ti 5800 ~1,200Mhz

GeForce FX

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Way to go guys! Let's all bash Microsoft as we sit here on our Windows OS and talk about how much we hate Apple!

Lol.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 05:46
lmao... hope that wasn't aim'd at me (^_^)

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 23:03
i aint bashin microsoft just they're dodgy tactics they use to get their way sometimes.

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 01:12
i just found out today XBox here is 129 Pound + 2 games to choose from! Yay!

.. now gotta put aside my credit cards due date & ask for a quick salary from management

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 17:42:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 17:42:12