Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / A few bsp probs...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 04:36 Edited at: 14th Apr 2003 04:37
hello . Im using gtkradiant to produce levels for my game, the problem is i cant get the caulk and clip textures to not draw things. (for example if you apply the caulk texture to a ceiling and compile the level then it would be invisible but still there so there wont be any leaks.)

I can get this to work for quark but for some reason it just wont work in gtkradient...

Can anyone please tell me how to make it work?

Cheers

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2003 21:30
Just a thought but if you name your texture to Sky instead of the normal texture name, I found this to cause all brush objects in the BSP to become invisible, Whether this is what you want or not but give it a try. I used the Hammer BSP map editor though.

Hope it helps.

There are 10 types of people, there are people who understand binary, and there those who don't
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 18:29
Cheers APEXnow, but i got it to work , turns out that you have to put the system shaders in the pk3 file... I did't even know DBpro supported the q3 shaders. None of the special effects worked though.

The sky texture thing only works with Halflife levels by the way, in q3 a texture called caulk has to be used.

Thanks

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 19:12
Mo prob, helpful for other readers though <wink>

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 12:45:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 12:45:11