Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / using max to make levels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i know this issue has been discussed in these forums for a while now, but i just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

someone mentioned in a previous post that they're preferred method for making levels would be to construct it in max then import it into dbpro.

this would be my preferred way too. using this method would it be possible to set up level of detail and occlusion in the game using dbpro? if so, would the coding be too intense to bother considering this route?

the alternative (for me) would be using hammer or quarke to make the levels, but i would prefer to use max if possible.

any guidance would be appreciated.

please note that i'm not after any code; i'd be happy to figure it out for myself, i just wanted to know if i'm on the right track.
CorruptionsMyth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 06:11
what are these programs because i have been having problems using matedit and magic world

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 06:25
well there is a great DLL (i forget the name and site lol) which checks the collision within DirectX objects and performs this task quite fast ... now if i can remember the name of it i'll let you know but basically it takes alot of the headaches out of level creation.

i'll get back to you as soon as i remember

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
wednesday
Years of Service
User Offline
no worries. there's no rush, in the end i'll probably try both ways and see which one i like the best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:25:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:25:36