Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Game Polish - installer, screen creator, video-image sequencer, web editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 20:29 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 05:54
Game Polish is my WIP for a complete tool for turning FPSC games into finished ("polished") products. It includes the following:

Installer

Creates a professional looking installer for your game, complete with customizable installation screens, license, shareware key generation, etc.

Allows multiple games to be combined into one. Models and support files for all of the games combined are analyzed to eliminate duplicate files to create the smallest installation.

Screen Designer

Once the program is installed Game Polish provides multi-screen support for creating your game playing experience removing the limitations of single screen and premade screen solutions.

Assign any image background and/or ambient sound to each screen.

Unique "grid" style button designer allows quick addition of buttons (in various formats) to the screen.

The event editor connects game/mission launches, multimedia sequences, screen changes, and other tasks.

A setup screen allows user customizations like choosing the screen resolution.

Sequencer

Besides the obvious intoduction sequence, you may need more "cutscenes" and the like to narrate your story. Image/Video/Audio sequences can be launched from any screen or after/before completing missions. A large library of transition effects can be added to the mix. Allowing high quality images to mix with the higher size/lower resolution video can provide a nice balance when advancing your games story.

Web Editor / Documentation Creation

An integrated web editor provides a quick and easy method of creating your game's website. Built in FTP provides site updating at the touch of a button.

Documentation is not the most exciting part of the game, but always nice to have around. The built in html editor makes it easy to integrate a manual as well as sales information into the game presentation.

Your comments

I'm hoping to have a beta out next week. Let me know what you think of the apps features / screen shots. I know that there are a couple other applications out there, so hopefully Game Polish adds something to the mix. Comments good or bad would be helpful.

STATUS (as of Dec 29th)
The first full beta is now out. Its a bit ... OK REALLY delayed. But it is available now for those who signed up as beta testers.

Screen shots will follow ...
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 20:33
The Screen Editor

The full size image is linked below ...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 20:36
The Event Editor

Attachments

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 20:37
The Sequencer

Attachments

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 20:39
Web/Documentation Editor

Attachments

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 21:19
great, it looks great

can't wait to get my hands on that

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 21:21
Cool it looks amazing when do you think it will be finished Looks Cool

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 21:28
Hmm. Intrigued I am. Test this I hope to. haarrruuummmmm

(yoda?)

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 21:46 Edited at: 13th Sep 2006 21:47
Conner, I hope to have a beta out next week. Hopefully that will really mean next week instead of the ever sliding "next week".

Keith
Soroki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 21:52
Wow. When is the release? I can't wait! It looks very very useful and I bet you put much work into it.

Downfall:Arena by A Squared Software is currently in development. Features full online or AI multiplayer maps, with 35 online maps and 15 AI maps. Demo release date will be somtime in October.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 21:55
Quote: "Hmm. Intrigued I am. Test this I hope to. haarrruuummmmm

(yoda?)"

no pink unicorn

Anyways, this looks realu interesting!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:27
Very intresting...useualy im more exited...but i dont feel very well at the moment,so...

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:28
I know that this won't be free, but before I dig for my plasic... how much is this gonna be>!

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:36
i hope it is free

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:38
Price ... I am still tossing a couple prices around. What do you think would be a good price point? Besides free of course

Keith
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:39
0.1p Lol

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:42
0.1p ??? Whats that?

Keith
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:46
0.1P,almost NOTHING.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:48
Connor appears to be one of those people who want everything to be free; ignore him.

I'd look at the other FPSC applications out there (signs, Magic FPS, etc.) and see what they offer and what they charge.

-Keith

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 22:55
no i was just joking around (sigh) about 10 pounds or something about that

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
I would say that 10.00-15.00 would be a fair price "IF" it does what you say it will.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 23:04
Quote: "no i was just joking around (sigh) about 10 pounds or something about that"

Ah, that's good. Getting pretty tired of the "everything should be free" crowd. Hard to tell when someone's joking anymore.

-Keith

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 23:13
yeah i have to earn stuff like i earned the 2 model packs (sigh) Mowing lawn and tidying garden ect ect

Jams38
Years of Service
User Offline
Very interested myself, Looks very good.
I think the 10-15 range is a good price.

Thanks

Jams38
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 00:29
Quote: "I think the 10-15 range is a good price."

Thanks for the replies on the price. I assume you guys are talking in pounds?

Keith
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 01:08
The app looks cool and quite interesting.

Quote: "Thanks for the replies on the price. I assume you guys are talking in pounds?"

10-15 pounds? That's $17-$24 or 14-21 euros, that may be asking a bit to much from most around here.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 01:14 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 01:18
pounds, no... €uros and 21€ is 2 expensive, 15max

10-15€ wich will be around the same as US dollars (by the current time it's almost the same corrency)

Please, bear in mind that if you sell it for 15€, ppl outside europe will have to pay that stupid tax, wich should be from 2.5 to 5$ so, the buyer will spend around 20$ wich for some is a bit harder to release from their pockets

^^ goes the same if you life outside europe, all buyers outside your country will have to pay stupid taxes

traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 01:21
i would buy it for £10 if you had free updates!

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 02:17
man I really want this to be free I dont got any money.... maybe $5! maybe tops $15... oh maybe you could make a trial type thing.. you know and have a splash screen and stuff.. will this support credits?

MY FPSC SITE AND FORUMS: www.quantumelectronics.cjb.net - Please register there certain peeps will get MOD.
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 02:46
Quote: "Price ... I am still tossing a couple prices around. What do you think would be a good price point?"

I'm not sure if that helped me decide on a price or not. So many prices, so many currencies ...

Keith
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 12:55
1 more qwestion: file protect system? will it be there?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 15:01
I'd pay £10-£15 for this. So you could charge $15 which would make the UK version around £11. It looks like alot of work went into this. The GUI is very smooth. What I'm saying is, it doesn't look like a home-grown project. It looks worth a few bucks

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 15:45 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 15:47
Quote: "1 more qwestion: file protect system? will it be there?"

I'm not sure. Unless a protection scheme is integrated into FPSC itself, it doesn't take too much effort for users to break it. And then there is the problem that the only people who would care to actually use the protected models and script would be people with the sophistication to know how to break the system. An added problem is the requirement for people who play the game to go through the inconvenience of waiting for files to be decoded before FPSC can read them.

I have played around with a few schemes though and may offer one as an option. Knowing the limitations, how important of a feature do you think it is?

Keith
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
It's important for people who want to protect their custom models from others.

I think this is a great app (If it does what it says). I'll consider buying it, maybe.

Project FPS - 71%
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 16:19
I've asked about file protection becouse of some of the people that come here, they see the work, they wait until it's released, and they steal the work (we just got 1 guy banned 3 times in a row in this week (3 diferent accounts in 2 or 3 days), he had a site with stolen work from at least 2 of our good old members).

I've got lot's of models and textures done by me and 1 friend of mine, it was really hard work, we're using FPSC becouse we're still learning DBp, until the time we learn enought to build our rpg/fps all in DBp, we'll use FPSC, we want to "share" our models and textures in a small game, just really as a showoff, both me and my friend think that it's much cooler to show off our work in a way the viewer can interect with.

Right now, i'm using FPSPack Pro, it's really nice, it protects the files, but it lacks on some features (until now i didn't regreat buying this), but i'd like to try this opne out also

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
this is cool but i always wanted a sequence for a end of the game a good ending

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 23:56 Edited at: 15th Sep 2006 23:56
This looks very promising. I would definitely pay $10-$15 for a product like this.
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
15€ seems like a fair price for this great work for me. I'd love to use it when I finish my game. It would be very useful.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
is this thing coming out to the public, or is it a dead fish like so many others?
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 18:04 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 19:50
I know I would drop $10-$15 US for this product... maybe even more if updates come with it for free... now this installer gets rid of the FPSC icon or takes it out of the loop I am assuming... Thats the one thing that bugs me more then anything else... I want to get away from this self branding stuff and have a game that looks like its totally my work...

---------Edit--------------
Scratch the icon thing I just found a solution for that on this post
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89572&b=21&p=0

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:44
I'm running a bit behind schedule since I decided to change out the archiving portion to make it easier to support some future changes I hope to make. Sorry about that. I do hope to get this out soon, I better not quote an exact date. I'd like to release a beta for the sequencer portion within the next 2 days though. I want to make sure it runs properly on a fair slice of machines, so hopefully their will be some takers out there to test it out. The other 3 parts will follow shortly afterwards.

Since I know putting up with bugs in beta is kind of a pain, all beta testers will get a free copy for their trouble.

Keith
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:51 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 19:56
I'm willing to beta test for you.... I have some completed maps I can test it on currently... Plus I got plenty of media audio and video to make plenty of cutscenes to test out your features...

my email is clips@klanwarfare.com

Butter Fingers would be another good candidate to consider he is very good at finding bugs also...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 21:10 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 21:12
I would be willing to test for you as well. I am big on video/audio and bug finding as well as making games.

dackley@twcny.rr.com
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 23:26
CLiPs and Stamina, I've started a beta list and put your names on it. I'll let you know when the beta is ready.

Keith
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 00:18
ill beta test for you! if you want

my email is Jtraynor1987@aol.com

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 03:08
This sounds great, I would love to beta test.
e-mail me at

webmaster@raptorgames.net

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 12:46
i said ill beta test ages ago but i dont know if i will be able to cus you got 4 people nut anyhoo my email is bigmommashouse@hotmail.co.uk

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 13:30
i also want to test

paralyzegames@hotmail.com

Please be fast i cant wait

soon i will give up a link for my fps game website
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
I can BETA too:

bdgbdg@sapo.pt

Project FPS - 71%
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:05
I added the last 5 to the beta list. Back to work!

Thanks!
Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:29:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:29:55