Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d studio max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible to upload 3d studio max files into darkBASIC and if so, how?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 07:35
yes it would be possible, however you would need to know the format structure...
convert the file to a memblock with the make memblock from file command, you then take the data you need to pad out a Mesh Memblock then convert that memblock to a mesh.

and you've just imported the file
memblocks are my bestest friend, well cept for my REAL bestest friend, but in DB they're my bestest friend

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 17:09
Or you could just do this.

"He will join us, or die my Master..." - Darth Vader
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 17:12
which would be the case if he wasn't using
a)p4.0 at the time
b)or tell us whether it was .Max or .3ds or .Asc he wanted to import

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 17:12
He must've been thinking about the .max scene files...I don't really like how Max handles everything in one file.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 06:30
.max? that can be REALLY usefull. They have been doing it at papyrus on all there NASCAR projects. Whats wicked cool is when its can load self illumination settings or CG shader setting right out of max. Also loading enviroment maps, alpha maps... saves alot of time.

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Froggermon, that is the coolest thing I ever heard, imagine loading all your maps into dbpro on an object......by the way have you all seen the halflife 2 demo......O M G !!!!!!

Wayne

AIPX Rocks
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 17:47
Frogger you can do that with exporting to DirectX format & using the Max5.1 SP1 with CgFX plugin - i know cause i use it all the time.

it'll export the Shader (in Cg or asm) which you can then use on the DirectX file you've exported which already has all of the FVF data setup so all that happens if you setup the header in your code and load the nessities of the shader - poof its all there ready for ya.

has made alot of artists lives easier, Maya also has a downloadable plugin for it and Softimage XSI 3.5 has it builtin which has been an awesome help to alot of development houses
Milkshape2 is likely to have this ability as well (basically because all nexgen games will rely heavily on them)

the future looks bright... the future look nVidia

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:32:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:32:29