Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Fighting Through Darkness Demo Finally Out!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 22:05 Edited at: 12th Oct 2006 23:20
Quote: "You are not to steal any thing that is included with this game doing so will be considered an illegal offence and you will be hunted down and your PC smashed, as well as getting your [mod edit] kicked!
You also need to agree that Natflash Games is great!
(lol, I love this agreement thing)"

...i cant agree...that...is...just to dumb...

EDIT:

WOW,this realy scared hell out of me!that behind you part is funny...however that hologram realy scared me!

best part i think is where the behind you thing is said.it lets you look behind you without wanting it!however i saw the monster in front of me while turning so i shot it inmediantly.

bad points:
-WAY to less ammo in the P90
-it slows down at running back to the hummer
-the enemy sound is to loud.

overall i rate this:

8/10--->Well done natflash!(Yes...i am stupid enough to play it at evening...my room is dark and surround sound!kids,dont try that at home.)

My arrival shocked some people maybe...but i dont seem to care anyway...behold my mights!
-Prince Of Darkness
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 06:06
I agree with POD on the P90, it should be 50 rounds of ammunition, your's feels more like 20.

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 19:06
Very good, and solid, shame I died towards the end

Quote: "tw: I didn't realize it when I played it first, but in a hall before the village, the big box hanging over the players head is very well placed, if you know what I mean."

Thats what I thought, so I played a bit of caution when running under it, thinking it was gonna fall on me.

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 19:13
Its nice.
I like it.

honor blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Very awesome, a few comments/suggestions (I know zilch codeing, so excuse me if I ask for anything impossible):

Please, make the guy move a little faster

I saw the first zombie around the corner and just shot him before he charged.

The first zombie in the town when I went through for the first time just ran around the building not even towards me, also it charged way to early, I just came in the “door”. Can you do anything about that?

The “town” part in general just didn’t feel like it should be there

Holograms=good

You should make a zombie spawn behind the computer terminals in the room just after the first hologram.

On the way back, make a few zombies spawn in front of the guy; I ended up just walking backwards.

Change the attack animation, that spin just looks dumb.

The “behind you” part was awesome, unfortunately I read this thread so knew what to expect.

Could there be a definite “health bar” I don’t know how much health the guy has

Please don’t think I am being harsh, it really is an awesome game and 100x better than I could do, there are just some little things that need polish. If you fixed them you could probably sell this game.
The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 21:31 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 21:56
I'm downloading right now, the screenshots look impressive so I'm guessing the game will be too

EDIT: Twas a good demo, I feel like such a loser because I jumped a couple of times, you need to make it so that the enemies pop out and then screech, also I'd say you need to work on the timing when they come out, AND also, you need to work on the enemies movement.

Other than that it was a good demo
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 20:39 Edited at: 8th Nov 2006 20:54
Tis a pretty outdated demo now, lots of stuff mentioned has been sorted, as well as a completely new enemy.

Quote: "The “behind you” part was awesome, unfortunately I read this thread so knew what to expect."

Well you missed out on something that would almost surely make you [mod edit] yourself.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 22:34
It looks like some of the models in that game are from fps creator. Thats against the copyright rules if I'm correct...

FPS Creator Tip 1491: Add some light to your games
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It looks like some of the models in that game are from fps creator. Thats against the copyright rules if I'm correct..."

Well your not

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 14:43
I enjoyed playing this. It did in fact scare me twice, the first time the monster appeared around the corner (wasn't expecting it all) and the first ghost image that flies at you. Both of them creeped me out. The rest was rather expected, but still enjoyable.

I liked the models a lot. Did you create the operating table and lab equipment? They looked really nice I also like the level, did you make it with CShop?

I do have a lot of criticism despite liking it, though. I'm a big fan of scary games so I tend to praise them just based on the fact that they're scary. One thing I didn't like about this game is that it's 45 MB, and that it has an installer. Generally for small games like this installers aren't neccessary, and take extra steps to fully remove the game from your system since installers put things in your registry. You really should have just zipped the folder and uploaded that. Also, there is no reason this download should be so huge. Looking through your files, it seems that you included many things that didn't appear in the game, like guns, and several megabytes of bitmaps that you didn't use. You also included 5 bitmap images totaling 15mb. Shame on you for using bitmaps in a game! Use jpegs, or if you don't like the quality, use png files! 12mb is a huge difference, especially to 56k downloaders.

For the actual gameplay itself, most people covered what I would have said. Walk speed is too slow, physics are a little wonky, really hard to tell if you're hitting enemies, etc. You should also have bulletholes on the walls, isn't that easy to do with NGC? You should also improve on the enemy, even if it is just a placeholder. It's a bit silly.

When can we expect a new build?

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 14:52 Edited at: 19th Nov 2006 15:12
Well I have a new build ready now, its just a case of weather people want it or not, if I get enough requests I will upload it, but if theres only a few people that would download it, there wouldnt be much point.

The new version has:
Bullet holes
New unique enemy
Enemy dosn't attack until up close
More efficient files
Physics (Dark Physics)
Entirely rewritten weapon bullet system to increase FPS
Faster walk speed and hold shift to walk instead of run
Fixed collision bugs

Also I'm currently adding more enemies, engine support for 4 on screen at once.

Oh, and the models are from FPS Creator, its an FPSC level.

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 15:01
sounds good, would appreciate an upload !

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 15:25
Why wouldn't there be a point to it? Are you low on webspace / on a slow ISP? You could always attach it directly to your host if you don't wanna waste webspace. I'd love to see a new version.

Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 17:04 Edited at: 19th Nov 2006 17:33
Sounds interesting! I will give it a try!
(As an info about the upload-thing:
just use some annoying service like "rapidshare.com"! I use it for my "first" game and it works fine! (500MB space, no limits (at least I have none), it's free)!)

It's shocky!

Tip for other demo-tryers for shooting: single shoots for the head seemed to be a good thing to get rid of this crawling-twisting-thing!

Problems I found (reguarding gameplay):
- the story-teller is hard to understand sometimes, cause of the manipulated voice! (Maybe some bit more clearer to understand or subtitles!)
- the enemy can be killed easily ONLY if you are lucky! I had this one time! So the aiming is a bit unclear, if you had a hit (maybe somekind of bloodmarks that get painted when you hit it) or shoot only the surroundings (your new version with decals may help here)!

What exactly should this "ghost"-thing be, that comes towards you ? (Scarry thing, cool effect! I spotted it and thought: "Huh, what is that?" Moved a bit closer and got shocked!)

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.2):
http://rapidshare.com/files/3326313/PhysiX-Brick-Breakout---V--1-2.zip
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh its OK, I have loads of webspace, bout 100GB I think, its just I dont like waiting so long if not too many people are bothered, why spoil the final game by giving it all to you now eh.
I will upload it though, when I get time.

Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 05:48
I'm not sure if these were mentioned above because I got bored of reading earlier posts.

First off, I've played Doom, and only a few parts scared me. This game scared me a hella lot more and I only played the 5 minute demo. The sounds were amazing but what got me was that white alpha mapped thing. You get staring at it trying to figure out what it is, then it flies right past you; I actually jumped and knocked my mouse of my desk .

Some things I think that need to be fixed include:
-Walking up the small ramps is very slow, and sometimes impossible without running.
-More enemies, but I'm guessing since this is a demo, your already going to take care of that.
-More rounds for the gun

I think thats it, this games pretty sick and I hope you keep going with it

Check out Penguin in the Projects Section!!!
http://www.prodigyarts.5gigs.com
Jay Bee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 17:37
hell yes upload it!

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 404kb is a little large, don't you think? Nope not really, but heh, ur the boss
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 04:05
Yes, please upload! The demo you posted was awsome!

And I'm glad your really getting into DBP, it's much better than FPSC, isn't it? So much more you can do

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 23:05 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2006 23:06
Well heres the link for the new build, it has everything mentioned above apart from physics. Plus a cool "dizzyness" effect for when the players health is low.

Download Demo Here

Controls:
W,A,S,D to move
Mouse to look
Mouse click to shoot
Hold Shift to walk
R to reload

Escaped Ape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 00:44 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 01:04
downloading - but please put the game in a rar archive, not an installer.
At least while it's unfinished.

EDIT: played it now.
The collision still doesn't work on every object, the gravity is better though.
On my pc the sky is not displayed (see screen) - bug?
How about adding some recoil to the weapon?
I don't realy like that "go back to the hummer"-part, it's a bit strange how the monsters got there considering the level has no possible entrys at all.
Maybe you should add entrys or show the player how the monsters get there - broken walls or something like that.
I'd like to see the monsters appear, that spawning is boring.
One monster could jump from a roof of a builing, another could hide behind a barrel and push it to the player on a trigger point.
You could also add some normal maps to the monsters, with nice shadow and light effects it would look really cool.

Greets.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 00:44 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 01:27
@ Natflash Games:

You should considder to put the link to your actual version always on the first Post! (Otherwise if this thread reaches more pages, it's sometimes hard to find the latest version!)

Test-Results:

Crashes:

-Runtime Error 7007 - Object already exists at line 688:

1st time:

Where:
When the "Behind you" thing comes into action!

What happend:
I turned once, and nothing happend, I walked forward a bit and turned again, then I got attacked and hit accidently the shift-key (or ctrl-key or did I hit one of them at all?) then the dialog appeared!

2nd time:

Where:
On the way back to the humvee near end of village before the room with hanging box.

What happend:
I was close to the small way toward the room, then I heared it and turned around then "Dialogbox"!

Suggestion:
-Maybe it's caused by the enemy?
-Maybe have a look how you handled it in version 1? (In V1 there was no such thing!)

Bugs:

1.: If you fire only single shots (with a short pause between every shot) the ammo does not get reduced! (Result: Nearly infinite ammo without reloading!)

2.: Strange behaviour of the enemies:
Enemies walk towards you, then stop, then walk backwards, and get stuck near walls! When you get closer they come towards you again!
Sometime they walk somewhere else and come back or just stand at a place and do nothing!

Suggestion:
-Maybe have a look what is the difference between this one and the one from Version 1! (In V1 there was no such thing!)

I hope you can fix the crashes! (Hopefully it's not ONLY me getting them!) Looking forward to see it getting even better! Although I knew the "shocking"-places I got shocked every time!

Hoozer

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "downloading - but please put the game in a rar archive, not an installer."

If I must, but it'll be in a zip.

And Hoozer thanks for reminding me, I know how annoying it is when you cant find the latest version of something

In the mean time enjoy my game.

Escaped Ape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 01:06 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 01:11
Hehe you don't have to, it's just more bothering than usefull in my opinion

EDIT: oh and maybe you should add fog some units before the camera range ends - looks better.
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, there some strange bugs your getting hoozer, I'll look into it ASAP, but I tested it multiple times and it worked really well for me.

But im going to rewrite almost the entire engine, the level may not even appear in the final game, its just so you guys can test it, I need to find a more efficient way of positioning enemies, dynamic objects etc.
Is it possible for 3D world studio to position the enemies for me then store it in an array or something, so I can apply AI to them after? This way I could have multiple enemies s much easier. I could also use dynamic lights (flickering etc.)
Some things that were so easy in FPSC, I could almost say I miss it.

Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2006 01:44 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2006 01:44
Might be possible that the bugs only love me! I have the privilege to get bugs others never get! (Although my system runs fine and the CPU is NOT overclocked!)

Hopefully the crashes were just accidents in this version (get eleminated just by making a new level, redesign or something)! If they were something really serious them it could be a pain to find out what it is!

I have not worked yet with 3D-world-studio, so I can't give you any infos on this! (There are also numerous Editors here in the forum! One I found really promissing:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=5&t=92612&p=0 )

MR elevetor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 16:09
THAT GAME WAS AWSOME!
I jumped 6 times

I hope none of my neighbours saw me throu the window

VERY good work, probably the scariest db game I ever played!

I dont want you to die....I just dont want you to live anymore....BTW: I´ve xbox 360 and probably dont nyah nyah nyaah!!!
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 21:11

[/center]
Currenty working for the Nvidia Game Dev Competition
Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 06:45
lol, why jack? how bored you must be..

Stora tomtefar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 09:40 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 10:09
Nicely done. Predictable, yes, but I like the graphics. A little wierd that you can walk straight into a table. What about some blood splattern when shooting an enemy? I don't remember if there was any, but it would make the player know if he hits an enemy or not.

Although, I hate this game... It made me scream... And I'm in school!

www.godhatessweden.com

Good laughter!
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 17:31 Edited at: 12th Dec 2006 17:13
You played it in school? Cool, we cant do anything on our school computers.

Mod note:No swearing please.
My note: Woops... Sorry

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 23:51
Wow - that scared me to death (well, nearly). Especially the "Behind you" bit.

Did you use Dark Lights? Nice lightmapping.

Maybe add an Ammo pick-up element, just reloading all the time was too easy.

Well done - keep working on it, and keep thinkin up scarey moments.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 12:14:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 12:14:32