Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Royalty FREE human model... from Simple

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 17:57 Edited at: 19th Apr 2003 17:59
Hi all

I've decide to make a human model for anyone who wants to use it.

Mainly because alot of peeps have a little trouble when it comes to modeling humans..... So with this model you can use it "as is" chop it up, bend it, add to it, alter, modify or just look at it to gain some ideas.

It weighs in at 1150 poly's - single mesh - and made for use with DBpro.

I'll be making a 512x512 texture map for it ( so you can modify that too )

I'll also rig it up ready for animation ( depends if I get the time ) ... but if I do, then I'll rig it using CharacterFX and make a "Walking anim + a Running anim"

Formats which will be avalable are >> .MS3D - .X - .MS3D ASCII and .CFX ...... so you should be able to have a good play with it.

Here's some screenies of what I have so far ( Model will be availabe soon ) Totally Royalty FREE so you can do with it as you will 8)

And before anyone starts moaning that there's a vert out of place or a face pointing in the wrong direction or that you don't like the polycount >> It's SIMPLE, if ya don't like it then don't use it

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 18:19
Wowwwwww...

Cool model

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
kool

[br]mikey
Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 20:26
thats very nice of you. nice modle too. I went to your sight and saw a modle of a woman, could I use that too?

As I walk through the vally of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
- Psalms 23:4
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 20:45
QUOTE:
I went to your sight and saw a modle of a woman, could I use that too?

arh !! a model of a woman ? ... you must have went to the wrong website, cos I have no models of woman.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 21:21 Edited at: 19th Apr 2003 21:29
nm, sorry clicked on inferno's sight

As I walk through the vally of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
- Psalms 23:4
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 23:49
nice model I must say, but it looks like the head is too small lol.
Still good tho!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
CorruptionsMyth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 10:27
no i beleive the head it anatomially correct

darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
Simple I take back everything I said on that "To indi in regards to your rules post" thread in Genral Board Excelent model and sowwy

[br]mikey
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 14:29 Edited at: 20th Apr 2003 14:32
I've had these conversations about the head somewhere else ( it is the correct size )

The average human male stands about 7 1/3 heads tall + 3 heads wide….. whereas a HEROIC male would stand just over 8 ½ heads tall + 4 – 5 heads wide.

And before someone chops off his head from the perspective screeny I posted and tries to line it up….. here’s a proper one made in front on view.

But when I’ve finished the model and IF you download it to use it AND you want the head bigger.. you can just re-size it…. TaDaaaa !!!

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=14788;start=20

@Darkcorridor >> I think that's all forgotten anyways. And to be honest, I can't remember what you said

Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
hey man! Respect to ya skills dude!

I take it your modelling a body builder?

Do not anticipate the outcome of the engagement, let nature take it's course, and your tools will strike at the right moment - from "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" by Bruce Lee
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 16:04
its not the heads fault that it looks out of proportion...
Simple you may have scaled the model correctly, but the perspective on the limbs - in particular the shoulder and waist area's make it look out of sorts.

take a look at the shoulders, you've placed them higher which is great for a guy with Wrestler or Body Building muscle tone, however you've given him just more of an adverage guys muscles (which arn't greatly defined at that)

the diaphram area is also wrong for the design of the model, as it is very wide but not greatly shaped ... i know you're trying to keep this model low polygon, but to keep a model low polygon its just silly to focus all of your polygons in certain area's and then skimp on others. The idea of low polygon modeling is to share the count throughout the entire mesh.

the shape of the legs is also very odd, as what you've done is tried tp shape the muscles evenly and if you look at the legs of someone with more muscle they're very close together because of the muscle bulge which is affected by gravity so slides towards the middle. So you need to show this offset in the models shape.
also to keep you're own weight you can't stand like a normal guy, you've got to widen the legs so they wouldn't bend inward in such a way.

http://www.wwe.com
would be a very good link if you want to shape him as a muscle bound freak and keep him looking right... also i'd suggest when showing off muscle guys not to do so from a front on veiw a they always look weird, especially untextured.

and important thing to remember is to make sure you're ONLY mirroring the Left<->Right along the centre of the model, and more mirroring limbs themselves, as you have to show the muscle tones with gravity affecting them as well as the subtle shapes caused by the extra more defined groups from the build up.

if you want the head to look more in perspective, make the diaphram area slightly thiner - do a slice about halfway between it and the waiste then move its vertex up using softselection so it curves at the diapram and use that to shape the bicep area.
also pull down the armpits to add some top bulk to the muscles, as it will define that area much better.

i have a feeling you're not going to listen to me and probably flame, but its worth a try to help you atleast once

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 16:08
Looks very sexy Everything looks proportionatly correct, it just may be the angle. Im sure you used a reference image that is proportionatly correct, such as "Simples Reference Images" LOL!!

Nice model I would use it but Im rubbish on the UV side, and I dont think I would need it. Well see though! Very nice contribution to the community, thank you! Im sure many people will find this very useful!

Cheers!
RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 16:23 Edited at: 20th Apr 2003 17:42
QUOTE:
i have a feeling you're not going to listen to me and probably flame, but its worth a try to help you atleast once

Actually for once "NO" ... I have had some input to this effect already and as a result will be making a couple adjustments ( Especially in the armpit and shoulder area ).

EDIT: although I've yet to see you produce a correctly proportioned human character ( I think you attempted to onece ) ?

@RPGamer >> thanks ! and as for the UV's well, that will all be done for you as well... same go's for the texturing and bone setup + animations

And although you can't see it in the screeny >> he has separate fingers too.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 18:06
Nice model simple how long did that take you to make?

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 20:51
1. Awesome stuff!
2. Very kind of u to contribute to DB Community!
3. hmm .. the aura in here is strangely .. 'positive' than usual!

Yay!

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2003 17:51 Edited at: 21st Apr 2003 17:52
Simple:You should add a triangle from the nose bridge's verex to the other edge one under the eye so you can turn the one on the side nose to make it look wider....Right now the nose bridge is one vertex wide.

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2003 19:06
Don't say that !! I've mapped it already

I'll see how it looks once the skin is on... and if need be, I'll give him a "nose job"

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2003 19:08
lol oki doki..sorry

Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2003 19:20
Very Good of you Simple! Rock on!

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 09:33
who cares if its out of proportion? link is about 5 head spans tall

--------
http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 21:17
Here's the model with finished textures ( tattoo's to be added on a separate texture map ) so you will have a choice of with/without.

I'll be uploading the model for download from my website in the next few days.

I'll also be uploading it "as is" ... NO bone setup or animations as yet ( but will be uploading an animated version soon ) I have a few things which need doing first

Anyways..... here's a few screenies.

Simple

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 22:02
WOW! nice job simple

(Current)-making plans for a game-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-All other projects cancelled for now-
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 22:15
Thanks !!

I've got to sort out his elbow joint, as someone has just pointed out that it's a little too high up the arm.... no biggie though.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 22:18
That is very cool simple, do you know anywhere that i can find a good character moddeling tutorial for either 3ds max, maya or even houdini?

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 23:37
Very cool, especially the texture. However, in that last textured picture, if you look at his hand, it seems that the fingers are too skinny, could be caused by the perspective tho.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2003 23:56
Thats just cos the're in shadow + the inner edges of the fingers are slightly darker in colour.

Look at the thickness of the fingers in the first and second pic... and compare them to the third.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 00:07
Kinda hard to see though, both different perspectives, and in the one where you should be able to see more clearly due to the perspective its in the shade. Could you maybe upload a few screenies with high ambient lighting?

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 01:17
QUOTE:
Could you maybe upload a few screenies with high ambient lighting?

No ! ..... there are 3 screenies uploaded already and I'm not uploading another one just so you can see the fingers in a different light.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 16:43
What tattoo?

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 17:33
Arrow.. read the post which has the first textured screeny on it.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 02:28
Very nice simple After seeing this UV mapped and textured its brilliant! I wish I could do stuff like that, but hey, now I have big goals Very nice

If we had kudos, youd get some.

Here, have some imaginary kudos!

RPGamer

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 02:49
My bad, sorry. Personally I though he would be black, but that's just me.

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 05:21
Erm...... due to the fact that quite a few peeps have moaned about the proportions ( NOT just here )

I've decided to make him NORMAL size

So I'll be making a few changes, which also means I may have to tweeks the texture map too.

Plus a few peeps wanted him in black... So I'm going to make him another texture as well.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 05:59
Wow, that just shows how much of a kind person Simple is, taking time out of his own life to make other people happier

RPGamer

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 08:52
Um, Simple, I don't know all the forums that you posted this model in, but the ones that I've seen it, I was the only one to say he looks black. Don't feel obligated completly change the texture on my acount alone.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 11:13
question is are you going for real or cartoony...?

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 13:30
RPGamer .... thanks, but I'm just doing it inbetween other stuff. An hour here and an hour there.

Arrow .... Someone else thought I was going to make him a black skin, so it's not just you that mentioned it.

Raven .... Well, it started off as a cartoony type model ( was going to be a super hero type dude ) But by the time I got around to UVmapping it, That changed to a THUG type dude. Which is why he now looks out of proportion.

So I'm going to make him 6ft tall, instead of 7 1/2ft tall !!

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
simple, which software u used to create the model? its very cool

I am da man! Beware of my LAZER EYES!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 20:31
-Formats which will be avalable are >> .MS3D - .X - .MS3D ASCII and .CFX

Something tells me he's using Milkshape.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 20:47
Yeah, wot actarus said !

Milkshape is what I use ..... but I'm also in "study mode" with Cinema4D R8.

I can feel a few 100,000's poly's comming on !! But I've also noticed that it's pretty good at low poly too.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 00:50
OK... made a few changes to the model >> Scaled his propertions down to fit a photo of a human... so he's IN PROPORTION NOW

Whether you think he is or not, trust me he is ( unless the photo I used was of a deformed person !! ) ;D

I also changes some of the texture ( T-shirt ans boots ) ... I'll be making another texture map at a later stage, probably when I rig him for animation.

Formats available at present are >> .ms3d and .3ds

Here's a few updated screens.

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
cool man!

I am da man! Beware of my LAZER EYES!
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 13:31
Is he made of limbs or its all one mesh?
Also, to me his ass seems to be little bit flat...no?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 04:03
looks limbed to me

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 05:25
Nice work

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 13:13
No it's not limbed.... it's a single mesh.

He looks limbed in the screenies, but that cos when I exported it out as a .3ds, so I could load it into Max for rendering.... for some reason when I use the .3ds format >> it un-welds the UVmap.

And because the upper arms are mapped separate from the lower arms ... I get a seam at the elbow. Only ever happens when I export out of milkshape as .3ds though ?

You can't see the UV joints when it's loaded into milkshape... or if I export it out a .X .. just seems to be when I use .3ds

Anyways... I won't be using Max renderer for much longer.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 14:29
If ya dont want your Max renderer Ill take it

Very nice work Simple, someday I'll be as good as you Uh,,,maybe

More imaginary kudos!

RPGamer

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 13:20
There's a problem in the lower arms, it's too polygonal compaired to the other parts of the body.

.....What?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 13:47
QUOTE:
There's a problem in the lower arms, it's too polygonal compaired to the other parts of the body.

Explain why there's a problem ?

The lower arms are a vertex edited 5 sided cylinder ( the same as the top arm it ) so what's the problem with it ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 06:54:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 06:54:46