Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Just one last problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 19:59
Hey I knew it wouldn't be all that simple!! i've got my game all nearly completed HOWEVER!! there is just one small thing. after losing all lives Or completeing and getting the credits, it won't go back to the title screen it just shows LOADS of maps of all the graphics i have used, are they all stacking up or something? why are all of the objects still on screen are they all just sitting and not being deleted?? and will it go back to just a bitmap screen when the game is over? any help will be good, it's all i need to solve in order to complete my first game. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Levanthus
Fallen_Carpathia@yahoo.co.uk
:-s
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 20:08 Edited at: 19th Apr 2003 20:08
use the FLUSH VIDEO MEMORY command or the CLS command

Hope i helped

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 20:18
Well the CLS function does little to fix the problem i'm affrain and i have never seen or heard the FLUSH VIDEO MEMORY function does it require anything other than that? DB doesn't seem to recognise it

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 20:36
Oh right, flush video memory only works in DBpro, do you have the standard version. If so then im afraid I cant help you that much. You could try deleting everything manually by stating:

If object exist(objno)=1
delete object objno
endif

Are you using a backdrop in your game?
Cheers

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 21:19
oh right, i guess it's only the standard. I'm not using backdrop, it's just the default blue colour

Cheers for the help, it's very appreciated

Levanthus
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 05:42
Flush video memory does indeed work in dbc/enhanced, and it clears all the textures from your graphics card memory. You can make sure to use 'draw do front, and that default blue is probably still a backdrop. So also use backdrop off, as the backdrop constantly refreshes the screen. if you need some 3d objects to remain then you can make a set of plain objects that fills the whole screen with your images textured on those, and lock them to the screen

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 12:59:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 12:59:21