Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Title screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 03:50
Here is the title screen i am going to be using for future dbp projects.

KCobain
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! It's so beautiful!!
I don't think I will ever be capable to do something like this!

What program do you use to make those fantastic drawings?

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 05:29
It's a beautiful looking earth, but your apollo is so tiny! Apollo as I'm sure you know was both the moon god to the greeks and the moon landing program name, does your title screen animate, or is the moon always that small?
I'd probably suggest either making the moon rise over the earth with some kind of flare or something so that your moon is fetured more just somehow, because that would reflect your "apollo design" idea
Then again I looked again and it's kind of nice with the moon all lonely out there... Something to think about anyhow

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
koolaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 09:03
hey that is nice what program did you use?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 16:05
I think apollo designs is the perfect size

I think he used an image as of the earth, put a layer in Photoshop as the Starts then added in some other stuff. I gather apollo is a channel with a lower opacity level and colored blue.

I figure thats how he did it

Nice

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 16:12
you know what would make this really cool... is if you modeled a NASA like Satilitte or something and then put Apollo Design on the label of it, engraved or something
then have like it fade into that, or rather a black & white label sized thing which has Earth as black&white in the Background and then alternate the words colour with the earth in the background.

that way for the start up animation you can have this satillite thing orbit into veiw with the camera locking once your team name comes into veiw then it morphs to the black&white label.
i recommend it being a black&white label because you really want a 2-3colour simple tag as a logo, as they really stick in the mind more than something overly complex

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 16:56
Thanx for all your comments, i used maya and photoshop, the earth in the background rotates and the text fades in i was thinking of doing something like raven said and adding a satelite or a spaceship might also change 1 or 2 other things.

Algae Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2003 00:02
I'm assuming that you textured a sphere with a map of the world. Where did you get the texture for the earth? And for the moon? I've been looking for a good high-resolution image of the earth's surface to use as a texture.

CorruptionsMyth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2003 02:24
it looks f'n sweet dude- nice job x-d

http://www.corruptionsmyth.cjb.com
*Corruptions Myth*-Doss Productions
"Death is only the beginning"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 07:21:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 07:21:06