Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Simple Question About Spheres and Movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, my name is Marcelo. I'm new to this forum and to DB.

What I am trying to do is a simulation of the Solar System, but I just can't make the planets do the circular movement! Something like this:

Could you help me?

Thanks in advence,

Marcelo
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 05:33
Have a look in the code snippet section for something like "rotate around object", I remember seeing that somewhere, also i know the darthster did something with polar coordinates in kentaree's programming challenges post, can't see your pic but I'm pretty sure that's the stuff you need to know

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
KCobain
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot!!

The correct link to the image is:
http://www.kcobain.kit.net/planet.jpg

One more doubt, how can I texture the sky, like in the screenshots of "New Eternal Destiny Shots"?

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 06:52
You'd have to ask RPgamer to know for sure but one way is to just texture the backdrop, another is to put a skybox/skysphere in your world, textured with appropriate textures. THere are posts right in this section which deal with this
If you use the backdrop method, include some code to scroll the textures in the opposite direction to that of the camera's rotation

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 08:06:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 08:06:44