Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Desktop Calendar

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 02:18 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2006 02:32

This code will, when run, select a random desktop image paste a calandar on it, and set your desktop to that image.

To set this up, I would copy the code into DBPro and first edit the top few variables. The Screen Width and Screen Height, obviously, you need to set those to your desktop resolution. The PrintX and PrintY variables is the location of the top left corner of the calendar, so you can have the calendar printed anywhere you like. I like it at the top in center. Then finally to set it up you will need to create a folder anywhere you like and put as many images in the folder as you want. Images must be named like this: 0.bmp 1.bmp 2.bmp 3.bmp..... This way you can easily add images without having to change the code at all. One other thing, All images must be the proper size of your desktop, or it may not show up properly.

After you do all that, I would set the executable to run 'hidden', then press F5. It will be compiled to the TEMP folder in you DBPro folder, just take it out and put it somewhere. If you want this program to run everytime you turn on your computer (to keep an updated calendar) simply put the program in your startup folder. If you can't find the startup folder check the next post on this thread, and I will explain a different way.

Anyone is welcome to use this code however you like. You can easily change the colors of the calendar, or add a transparent square behind. If you don't like it selecting a random image then it should also be easy for you to change that. You may also wish to be able to use images that aren't of your desktop resolution, in this case, I would open the image in PAINT or other software and change that. Or you could edit the code to load the image as a bitmap and scale it properly.

Currently there is only one minow issue with this. It cannot be fixed with code. The issue is that when you start up your computer it will display your old background for a while before the program runs again. To fix this just run the code at least once, and manually set your desktop to the "temp.bmp" image created by the program in your image folder.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
GMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 02:19 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2006 02:23
ALTERNATIVE METHOD TO ACTIVATE PROGRAM AT STARTUP

click start, click run, type 'regedit'. Find the key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run"
Then in the field to the right, right click goto 'new' and click 'string value', call it whatever you want. Then right click on the new key you made and click modify and enter in the field the location of ANY program you want to run whenever you turn on your computer. In this case, the desktop calendar.

Be sure to add ".exe" at the end of the file name.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
looks & sounds nice, although I dont want to try it

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBP 6.2
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 15:12:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 15:12:39