Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / PhysX Compo: Rolling Fury

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 23:46
Well, the Software compo is over, and the results are in! My entry was "Rolling Fury". The judges' opinions seem to be that it is fun but frustrating.

So I would love to know what everyone else thinks; Too hard, too stressful, too blue and spherical?

Please post any questions or comments, and in the meantime- enjoy the game!

Download it here:http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=physx_10
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 17:31 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 19:55
Yep definitly too hard. I closed it in frustration after only one minute of playing. I will try again soon (I was in a bad mood though, so don't take it seriously.

I love the graphics though. I like the style alot.

Edit: Played it again. I still think it is way too hard. I think there should be really easy levels at the beginning, and an easy setting where you get 2 or 3 times as many lives.

lower logic
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a cool game, though after not getting far and dying many times, I got furious. It's strangely addictive though, now that I finally completed the first level I can't wait to play though the other levels.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 21:39 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 21:40
Well I managed $7875 on my first attempt

Nice game, definitely too difficult for the first stages. I would suggest keeping these levels, but adding easier ones beforehand. Perhaps introduce different game entities one by one, to allow the player to build up their skills.

Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 22:27
Would you believe that I was actually afraid that the game was too EASY? Yikes, I'll have to be sure not to repeat this mistake again.

I had intended a tutorial level, and maybe a progression of difficulty, but seeing as the compo specifically mentioned that 1 level would be enough, I didn't want to make loads of levels and have the judges not try them. I also just ran out of time. Level 2 was created friday 13th, and level 3 on saturday 14th.

Oh well, has anyone actually beaten all three levels?

@UFO: Glad you liked the style, hopefully this will be a lesson for me on gameplay balancing.

@lower logic: Heh, I guess the game has that old-nintendo style of addiction; insane difficulty, but addictive for some reason.

@Batvink: $7875 isn't to shabby for a first try, keep it up!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
You have a fun game here, I've always been a huge fan of the Marble Madness/Labyrinth ball rolling genre of games. But like others have said, I found it way too difficult and at times frustrating because of this. Perhaps you could release a patch in the future which would include the options of disabling the lives or time-limit?
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 01:09 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2006 02:18
downloading and playing... will edit when done. (i always like a good challenge )

[edit] very nice! unfortunately i only got to level 2... (highest score was $7900)

I'll have to go back and try to beat all 3, but i don't have time tonight.

"One man, one lawnmower, plenty of angry groundhogs."
Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 06:32 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2006 06:33
For those of you who have made it far in the original version, good job, you're troopers! I'm glad you appreciate the challenge.

For those of you ready to tear your hair out if you lose another life, I've released a simple updated exe that removes lives from the game. Enjoy:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=92567&b=5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 03:26:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 03:26:19