Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dark Physics Mini Game: Food Frenzy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 21:21 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2006 21:40
This was my competition entry. There's not too much in the way of physics, but it is a nice transition into the world of rigid bodies and what they can do.

It also uses:

Styx
Screen Shaping (for the Menu)
XML - check out the "objects.xml" file, it holds all of the info to build the scene - objects, positions, rotation, texturing, rigid bodies et al.

DarkVOICES
The game rules are lip-synched with the character on the menu.

You might also be interested to know that the character on the menu is created using the free version of Poser

http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=physx_06

Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 22:32
My highscore so far: 1320

Fun little game! I like the style and silliness, as well as the quick pick-up-and-play nature of the game. I'm not sure why, but I really like the scoreboard...

Nice job
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 19:22
Fun game! Just I saw no character on the rules screen... It was like a notebook paper cutout (good job on that!) but that's all I saw on that screen.

Tutorials:
Array
Functions
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 22:09
The character is in the bottom-right corner, and lip-syncs to the voice-over instructions. Did you have the sound turned up?

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 03:16
My sound was turned up and I didn't see the character, sorry. But I heard him. They all sound like they hate their job, and the crazy guy with the high pitch voice scares me

Good job on those sounds.

Tutorials:
Array
Functions
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 10:58 Edited at: 7th Nov 2006 10:59
Quote: "Good job on those sounds"

Thanks. My son did the voice-overs for the in-game sales assistant. After recording his voice, it was altered further to lower the pitch. Even so, when I went to KFC at the weekend, I realised he still didn't sound miserable enough!

Quote: "I didn't see the character, sorry. But I heard him"

That's odd. Here's a screenshot, showing the character in the bottom right corner. He's always there, and when you press the Rules option, he lip-syncs to the voice.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 04:13
I also did not see the character.

I had some tearing at the bottom of the page. The bottom of the paper edge was not straight like it is in your screenshot.

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 08:48
How very strange, I'll download the compo version myself and see what's going on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 03:53:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 03:53:41