Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / alittle help for a novice DBPro User / Moderate Programmer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 15:55
Hello board.
You might see me alot here pretty soon, as I start to unravel the mysteries of DBPro, but right now I have a quick question for you all.
When loading an object, such as:

- Why does a past image of the object stay loaded on a 2d scale behind everything else? I can't seem to use any clear method to dispose of it. If you need me to explain further, please say so. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Drew
Life is a tale told by an idoit, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - MacBeth
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 16:05 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2003 16:06
-Why does a past image of the object stay loaded on a 2d scale behind everything else

Are you refering to the paste image command?...If so,I think you need to delete it(Delete image) when needed.

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Amadeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 17:31
no, i mean it does something like this:

i load up the .x file,
it shows up on the screen at some point far away
i reposition the camera and set all the camera properties
the 3d model works fine, it moves around, etc. but there is that original loaded clip of it in the background. it doesn't move and I can't figure out how to clear it. It's not the load image stuff, I can assure you, my base code is only based on code to create one object from a .x file and one camera and the settings for that camera. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong. Could you give me a sample code of how to load a .x world and position a camera and character in a certain spot and direction, what would be rather your recommended template for it?

Life is a tale told by an idoit, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - MacBeth
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 17:33
Try removing the sync commands at the beginning of the code

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Amadeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 17:37
thanks. i'll try that. right now i'm in class, but I'll be back to my place to work on it later. I'll reply again if that didn't work.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 23:30
It may be because you have two cameras - There is a default camera (number 0) that always exists and you cannot delete.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 00:40
Try setting the backdrop on. If you have empty space in the background, it never gets cleared.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 07:25:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 07:25:20