Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPS Creator 1.04 RC2

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 12:41
I'll see what I can do.It's kind of a hit and miss thing and I haven't noticed it since the upgrades.
As far as killing an enemy and it going partially or totally through a wall when it dies I should be able to sent him an .fpm to recreate that.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 13:38
Quote: "3. The issue of load/build times in test game mode and build game mode is perhaps one of the most notable pet hates of FPSC users. It is the nature of the fact that the WHOLE LEVEL is reconstructed each time that gives rise to the many things that must be done to make your game level performance ready. No one task can be skipped, lest you have an incomplete level. No element can be ignored. We have plans to look at ways to keep-hold of parts of the level that do not need to be reconstructed from scratch, but this will not be part of a bug-fixing update as it represents a significant devlopment effort to streamline and optimize."

If loading times can't be reduced, how about a different approach. Allow the user to specify a number of still images that will be show as loading is progressing? This could provide a backstory perhaps or screenshot from the actual game, thoughts?

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 14:17
Quote: "1. I was not aware of any change to the code which creates DDS files from non-DDS texture files during the build process. Have you conducted a side by side comparison between V1 and V104 RC2? You must ensure that the texture does not use texture division during the build process."

With V1, when you have a new segment or entity that uses a non-dds textures and you test your level, the engine builds a .dds texture file, a .bin file and a .dbo model file and uses those one instead of the original texture file format and the original model.

With V104RC2 the engine stopped doing that. When I hit test level the engine now uses the original texture instead and doesn't create a dds file anymore. It still creates the .bin file and .dbo model file, but no more .dds file.

Quote: "You must ensure that the texture does not use texture division during the build process."

I'm not totaly sure what this means, can you explain?

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nickydude - That would be nice...

Project FPS - 71%
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 05:58
Quote: "character movement under DarkAI at some future point"

Can we still use custom AI scripts at that point though? Cause I'll still use/develop mine for certain situations.

bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 12:51
Yes I mean decrease load times. Not just in editing mode, but when people play your game so they would'nt get so frustrated. That would be very beneficial, professional looking for our games and better functioning.

BSGamemaker
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2006 11:51
I want to thank you lee oh my god this one is good i feared i should reinstall all my things but then i thinked "nah maybe i just should try install it" and i did and it works damn great

keep up the good work

the fps gamer

visit [url/]http://paralyzegames.googlepages.com/[url]
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
You guys should have used the Stickie...

Project FPS - 71%
SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
I intalled the 1.04 official release..

AND I COULTN'T BUIL A SINGLE BLOODY GAM!

I kept gettin runtime error 8003! Im p'ed off! how do I fix this?

Doom Chronicles Coming Soon!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 08:01
Why would bring up this thread? It's not even the current release. The last previous post, was before you joined...Huh?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:34:41