Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / DBH Web Browser Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 21:59 Edited at: 27th Nov 2006 13:37
Ever had moments when you couldn't find that elusive plugin? Forgot the name of that tutorial you ment to look at? Fear no more! With the DBH Web Browser you never need to remember again! Packed with 60 weblinks to plugin's, tutorials and free software, the DBH Web Browser means you only ever need to remember a single link! The link to DBH Web Browser!

Just click a menu, select your topic, and click that link! What could be simplier?

DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE! 0.5 Beta
DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE! 0.6 Beta - Now includes live update!

DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE! 0.5 Beta
DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE! 0.6 Beta - Now includes live update!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 22:01
Just uploading the file.

Attachments

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 22:03
hmm, can you not just wrap all the bookmarks into a downloadable file which adds itself to the users browser favourites?

But, will download it and have a look

Get the new DarkBasic Professional IDE free until October!
Http://synergyide.thegamecreators.com
Http://omegabasic.thegamecreators.com
Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 22:07 Edited at: 26th Nov 2006 22:09
I could do yes. But I was bored and wanted to make a browser. Also it's intended to compliment my website, I'm going to add a review section to the browser that will hopefully read the RSS and automatically update it's review list. Not sure if I can do that or not with DBP, but I'm going to give it ago.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Just to let you know: Its "plugins" not "plugin's", because it is plugin plural, not the plugin possessing anything.

Anyway, enough nitpicking.

It looks really helpful. If you have a way to update the bookmarks without having to download a whole new version, that would be great. I also found a few other helpful plugins that I have never heard of. Good job.

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 22:35 Edited at: 26th Nov 2006 22:38
Thank you, and I'll make the spelling corrections in the next build. I'm working on retreiving data from a database or text file on the blog website.

If anyone knows any other tutorials, plugins or other useful articles on the TGC forums, site or any other website, please let me know and I'll include it into the next version.

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 02:44
That's pretty neat.

My three suggestions are to automatically resize the browser window with the main window, to include that manifest file that makes the buttons all purdy for xp users and to update the address bar with the current page link(though I'm not sure if that's possible within the browser bit but you should be able to stick it in there from the menu's).

I see the old AGE is in there too. Thanks for that. When I add some more features to the new AGE and create a function or two to load AGE levels into DBP then I'll be sure to bug you about changing the link.

You are not alone.
Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 13:12 Edited at: 27th Nov 2006 13:20
okey dokey, here's a new version of the program, 0.6 beta! I've included a new Live Update feature, so rather than having to check this thread every day for an update, you can simply click on the live update button, and off you go. It check my server, download the updates, execute the updates, and launch the browser for you again so now you can keep all the links up to date as I work on them.

I am also planning:

TGC Newsletter retreival, just type in the number and up it comes!
More tutorials on thrid party plugins
A plugin auto installer (just click on a link and it will install it into DBP for you!)
More reviews of free plugins via the website.

Check the first post for download links and updated screenshot.

p.s. thanks! I've included the manifest file in the lastest installer.

Attachments

Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 02:18
did you write the actual web browser in Dark basic pro? If so I'm wondering how you did that.

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 17:10 Edited at: 29th Nov 2006 17:14
BlueGUI has a webviewer plugin. I've really just expanded on the sample program that came with BlueGUI. I used Rainbow to produce the menu code GUI code, and I encoded the buttons myself. I then just added a long case statement with 78 entries, and manually coded in the data. It's not hard to do, most of the work lay in reading through old forum posts, picking out plugin's and useful programs.

Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 23:42
thats pretty cool. still seems tough tho.

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 00:36
It really, it's just a matter of putting in a few hours. The coding wasn't the hard part, like I say, it was checking posts that was more time consuming. I think the total build time, from concept to final product was about 5 hours.

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 00:39
Great Job Kenjar and thanks for including a tutorial of mine I feel lke doing something productive now instead of browsing around here all day .

Working on Boxed for NVIDIA compo. Check it out

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 00:54
The updates I mentioned will have to wait on this, I've just been informed that I've been granted permission to borrow a rather nice alienware laptop for my nVidia compo entry. All things are secondary to that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 03:53:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 03:53:05