Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Favorite Game !!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 21:58
I'm disapointed with the way Zelda games have evoloved. It seams every Zelda game after Link to the Past that had Ganon was worse than the previous. Majora's Mask was far better than OOC in my opinion. Wind Waker only helped crack my faith in Miyamoto. Sure the graphics were nice, but that doesn't make the game. I'm also having trouble trying to link together these stories together, plus I prefer Ganon's SNES name rather than the N64. Worst of all, though, was how short Wind Waker was. It only had 5 dungeons!!! I want 16, at leasts. That's what bugs me most about these newer consoles, they got shorter games. I don't give a rat's ass about the graphics, as long as they're playable.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 21:33
i'm not saying mixxing genre is a bad thing... but when you take two totally different genre's suchas strong story based RPG which thrive on making sure the user is following the story and combine it with a fast action (or what SHOULD be) First Person Perspective, then you have to do something good or unique.

Theif2 did this quite well if you ask me, the gameplay itself needed ALOT more work - but the actual game was pretty cool as a semi-rpg
and Half-Life2 seems to also be along the lines of becomming another good crossbreed.

sometimes it works but oftenly it doesn't.
and when space invaders was out there wasn't really anything called a genre - you had 3 types of game pong, pacman & shoot everything in sight.

Genre's have grown on thier own accord - and oftenly crossbreeding them leads to really really really bad games.
as for what Van said... yup Elite2 91-94 i played that EVERYDAY for ages, oftenly getting up 2hrs before school to play some more
and i still have it and play it from time to time when i get really stressed.

Elite & Elite2 are just the master games imo

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 22:26
My faves are:
1) Elite (if you hadnt guessed )
2) System Shock
3) System Shock 2
4) Thief
5) Doom

QuothTheRaven: Er Reg we seem to have run into a bit of a problem *pointing to Kabuto*

-EdzUp
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 02:27 Edited at: 11th May 2003 02:29
Halo
MGS series

(can't wait for Halo 2 & MGS:3)

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 12:39
Hmmm Sonic Adventure 2 was one of the biggest gaming dissapointments I've evr had

I LOVED the first few Sonic games, 8 and 16 bit. Sonic Adventure 1 was about 20% great (Loved the first level with the killer whale, exactly how a 3d sonic game should feel) and 80% rubbish (The poor, slow excuse for an "adventure" and the booooring repetative non- Sonic Levels) However I liked it a lot because once you had completed it you could go back and replay the levels you liked, ignoring the rubbish ones.

SOOO I was looking forward to Sonic Adventure 2, hoping they'd improve the good bits, and ignore the slower, non Sonic like levels. I heard they were removing the Adventure element, so I thought GREAT I'll be able to play throuh the Sonic and Shadow Levels, ignoring the other levels No such luck, you were FORCED to do the levels in the order it wanted you to, meaning one quick run through of a sonic style level every 20-30 minutes of game play. ARGH it was awful and I have never forgiven Sonic Team. Oh well, I'll just go home an play Nights

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 12:50
"i'm not saying mixxing genre is a bad thing... but when you take two totally different genre's... etc"

hehe exactly. What I just wrote above is an example of where different styles of games really don't work The super fast levels coupled with the slow, methodical levels meant the game didn't flow at all, and felt unplanned / rushed imho. Ok I'm gonna stop ranting now, cos I know some people loved it

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Metal Slug 2 and Decent: Freespace

Metal slug 4 was a real dissapointment.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 19:55:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 19:55:57