Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Nativity Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:44 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 00:46
Hey all! So this year for the holiday season, my church had a 'creche display' put up in our building, basically a display which you can walk through that features hundreds of nativity sets from tons of different countries, etc. So since I had some free time, I decided to help out and make a small demo that would play continuously on a laptop, and so here's what I came up with. Two things to note, though: first of all, I didn't have time to implement automatic speed adjustment, so it will probably run way too fast on your machine. So you'll have to use the left/right arrowkeys to adjust the animation speed, and the up/down keys to adjust the text scroll speed. The second thing, attached is the self-extracting zip, that's all I have right now because I had to distribute it to less computer-literate people. Sorry! I know you people don't like exe's too much... Well I think that's about it, hope you enjoy it!

Also, forgot to mention, the lightmapping was done in WORLD by DBKing. Thanks DBKing!

-H4ck1d

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:27
It looks beautiful in all, but the file isn't there It happened to me too, I've got no clue on how to fix it.

H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:36 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 01:38
Oh, that's weird. I'll try uploading it again...

[edit] wtf, it still didn't work... Maybe you're not allowed to upload exe's...

H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:44 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 03:20
Okay, sorry for the double-post, I'm trying uploading a zip file instead, hopefully it'll work this time...

[edit] allright, sorry, I don't know what's going on. For those of you who can brave the billions of ads, you can get it here from megauploads: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFMACRCX

Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
why not on filefront?

A game- nvidia cancelled but preserved till ive finished the current

Game progress- 5 percent
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 17:52
@Dared1111: Does it really matter?

@H4ck1d: To be honest, it wasn't great, the camera could be a lot smoother, and all the models are static, a bit of movement would've made it look a lot nicer

H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 18:22
@Dared

idk, I haven't been able to get uploads to work on filefront for some reason . Sorry

@Kentaree

Yeah, I agree, but also I was fairly pressed to finish this, I had about a little more than a week total, so I wasn't able to smooth out all the kinks . But I figured I'd show it on these forums anyways just to see what you guys thought. Thanks for the input!

-H4ck1d

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 19:31
I found it not bad, since I'm not a good modeller and i really liked the models! especially the Animal-models were lowpoly but very good

H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 23:02
@Valle - thanks! All were made by me, except the sheep, which was a deer model downloaded from turbosquid and I modified to the shape of a sheep and made a new texture for. Actually at one point I had used a horse, too, but couldn't figure out why my program had started to go so slowly - until I realized it was more than 4k polies...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 15:02:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 15:02:01