Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 00:54
THis is my new list of bugs, whichI am posting not to create a flame war, or to complain, but to see if anyone else has these problems, or if there are workarounds.

-Editor
- The ToDo list disappears when you press the save button
- When you minimize a function, and edit another one, you cannot see what you are typing.
- If you have both DarkEDIT and the DBP editor open, one or both will crash. ("Cannot Draw To Canvas" or "The parameter is incorrect")

-DBPro
I will only list one for DBP, because it's the only one I really need a fix for (I have found others though).
-Scale Object Texture does not work. No matter what values you enter, the objects texture gets stretched so that only one pixel is used to texture the whole darn object. Why?
Also, Set Object Texture Object#,1,1 Should set the texture to repeat instead of scale to fit the object, but it doesn't.
Any solutions?
Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 03:49
The "todo" list doesn't happen if you pick "save all" I've noticed, only if you just pick "save" on it's own.

The function error I can't duplicate, I can have multiple collapsed or open functions and edit them without things going invisible on me. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just that I can't re-create it.

Never used darkedit - so no comments there

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 03:56
lol, You NEVER used DarkEDIT? You have no idea what you missed! Anyway, I've noticed about the save all thing, but the function is really wierd. If I have 2 functions for example, and if I close one and leave the other open, it all looks fine. But if I type or select with the mouse, the cursor advances, but nothing is shown until I change lines with the cursor keys/enter key/mouseclick.
It is very annoying!

Does anyone else experiance bugs when DBP and DE are open at the same time?

And does anyone have any solutions to the stretch object texture bug? I REALLY need that command!

Hopefully all will be fixed in the next patch release.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 04:16
Never really needed an alternative editor for DBV1, as much as people hated the built-in one, I loved it and coded everything with it.

Still can't get the function thing to happen, try upgrading to the latest release Guy just put out and see what gives then.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 06:01
It doesn't seem to give me anything... as in: I don't see any updates! I installed it... but nothing has changed

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2002 06:02
Oh woops, it did install correctly. Well in that case, the patch doesn't fix it

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Rapscallion, sorry but I think the scale object texture thing might be peculiar to your system, I now use it extensively (since I have other problems with 'color object') and it works fine as far as I can see.

Also it may be something to do with the actual objects, I had to make several changes to the objects in my game to get them to work the same as in the old DB.

Hope this helps in some way.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 01:46
I am trying to texture a simple plain! For some reason, just the use of the command, no matter what values, the texture is stretched so that only one pixel is used!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you reduce it to a few lines of code so I can try it out and see if I get the same ?

Oh, and give me some idea of the size/format of your texture.

Ta.
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm does patch2 fix this

when using an include

function blah()
line 0,0,mousex(),mousey()
endfunction

nothing

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2002 23:52
The size is a 512x512 bmp file, but the same occurs with any size texture. It works fine in DB 1.0!

Make Object
Load Image
Texture Object

and it works fine, but add the:

Scale Object Texture

command, and it goes screwey on me!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Skid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 01:44
I've found a few bugs as well,
When DBPro complies it doesn't save the version info correctly, just save a set or repeated numbers ie, 44444444 etc
The turn object only rotates the image object and doesn't change the way its facing.
I can't get memblock floats to work normally.
And I think that’s it

Skid
warzog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 17:33
I have some:
Can't see the mouse pointer in 1024x768x16 mode.
Sprites have a "Halo" of spots that should be transparent, even though they are the same color as the ones that ARE transparent.
Animated Sprites play from frame 1 to "end frame," and then repeat the "start frame" to "end frame."
You can't change the animation of an Animated Sprite, it runs through the previous sequence: play from frame 1 to "end frame," and then repeat the "start frame" to "end frame," everytime it's called.
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Rapscallion, I have tried 'Scal Object Texture' every way I can think of and it still seems to work.
The only other thing I can think of (sorry if you already know this) is to say that the scaling effect on a texture is cumulative, ie if you do 'scale object texture 1,10,10' naturally your texture is mapped 10 times, if you then do 'scale object texture 1,10,10' again the texture will be mapped 100 times, so you have to be very careful that the scle command is not in a loop or some such.
I did the following bit of code to illustrate this (note that I use 'scale object texture' here and this works fine on my system), you will need to enter the name of your own bitmap in the code:-

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 15:28
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
What a wierdo I am.... I didn't realize the values I needed: for a 100% scale I put 1 instead of 100, just like the old DB. I've got it figured out know, thanks a lot guys.
Ratty Rat: Your code didn't really work... It just stayed textured solid grey the whole time. (I loaded in a marble texture)

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Ooh weird, not to worry, glad you got it sorted.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 00:07
Warzog, you use 'set sprite frame' to get animated sprites to play as they should.

Just don't put the set sprite frame into a loop otherwise you'll only get the first frame.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 12:20:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 12:20:25