Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [LOCKED] Website Portal (My First DBP Program)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 02:25
I built a little portal that connects to my site. I am sorry to say it only shows an image and connects to the website, so no screens but program.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 22:27
I don't understand. This program simply opens up your website?

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 22:47
Is that a program or a shortcut?

May I ask what you used to code?
It doesn't seem to be an ultimately creative use of DirectX - so perhaps it wasn't done in DB...
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 08:45
No, no, it was most likely done in dbp.

It shows an image is a good thing for openning a website, but, how about customizing it a bit, or giving it a nice little GUI? Open a .ini file to be read so an image can be chosen?

Congrats on your first program though.

And not to be mean or anything, but you are probably going to get flamed... Just a heads up.

-db

GameDeveloper, make your own games with a drag-and-drop interface. Basically t3dgm+fpsc editor combined.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86045&b=8&p=2
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 16:36
Not again JGS... *sigh*

I have no soul.. I nobody.. I have no heart.. I have felt in the darkness.. Im the darkness.. Whatever..
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 17:08
its his first program?

what about all those "games" he made?

...No Signature here...
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 18:56 Edited at: 5th Jan 2007 19:08
They was lot of print command's if you ask me!

I din't even download that because i know what type of JGS programs are ....

Well here's my source code how i can imagine JGS program

Wohoo what a program.. -.- (took 35 secs to type that) Really JGS how old are you?

I have no soul.. I nobody.. I have no heart.. I have felt in the darkness.. Im the darkness.. Whatever..
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:06
May I ask what the point was?

Most people start off with some sprites or a simple text game?

Its also too quick to even see what the yellow slidey thing is meant to be.

http://www.soharix.homestead.com/
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:09
i bet that if he looks trough my V1 codes of MultiMap he cant understand what it does without the comments...

(V1.1 is more complicated so its more likely he doesnt understand)

...No Signature here...
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:13 Edited at: 5th Jan 2007 19:14
I think all my first prog's are too complitated to him too..

@C0wbox you really doesn't want to see him games lol!

I can remake JGS theme hospital too!!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:30
lol,i remade it once too.cant remember what i did though.but it was simpler then yours Roxas.

...No Signature here...
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:36 Edited at: 5th Jan 2007 19:42
Well i super pwnage coder so i cant do too simple things

...not really

BTW JGS zavix hell on earth was 50x better than any of our projects (could't resist that ^^)

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:59
@roxas, lol, that program actually maed me laugh hehehe.

n wots rong wid his games?

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 20:07 Edited at: 5th Jan 2007 20:17
You see.. umm.. Well let's play i am now JGS
1. I'll go ask in TGC forums how to print text in screen
2. I make game in 3 hour's with tgc forum help about how to print things to screen wich source is this

3. Then i call it uber game and go on the Program Annoucment's board or Work In Progress board
4. I'll make post like this

5. Got flamed by everyone
6. Dont care about it and goes make another print statement program with hes "coding team"
7. Lives happily!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 20:13
His games aren't even worthy to be called games...

its a miracle he still hasnt learned a thing.

...No Signature here...
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 21:09
Lol, wot a n00b hehehe, that is actually quite an amusing overview of him.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 21:11 Edited at: 5th Jan 2007 21:12
Oh for god's sake, the last 11 [Edit: 12, posted while I was typing, my point exactly] posts were made by 3 people complaining how good they are and someone else is not, even though they'd rather waste their time telling this person that instead of doing something constructive.

Get yourself a life guys.

JSG: You would have been able to make the same using a windows .lnk file and setting the icon. Have a look at code snippets and see how some people there used a windows dll to communicate with their website.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 21:19
C'mon kentaree you've seen he project's... And you know how good is his "team"..

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 21:29
Roxas, yea. I've also seen that each and every on of his threads consistently get more replies than some threads with proper games or apps, and that's what really gets me

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 21:42
Flames perhaps? Or noob advices?

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 22:10
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 22:21
why dont the mods just ban him untill he proves to have an actual normal real game or program?

...No Signature here...
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 23:22
No.. They cant ban.. He hasn't made anything what break rules.. But he still would wait to post until he proves to himself that he has made someting to show to others..

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 04:08
Wow this all these flames are pure evil. Do you really need to waste minutes of your life flaming JSG? He's just learning!

P.S. JSG: Maybe you'd have more fun with these by posting them in the code snippets board! Then we could all see your code and help you improve on it.

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 14:02
the problem is he never comes back to read any of the replies, cus in and amoungst the flames there's a few useful bits of advice.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 15:04
Yea we all tried to help him but he never come back to read the post's... So its useless to teach him anything..

Joeeigel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 15:25
you do know the xact same thing is an example that comes with DBP, right?

<>< Pwn't by my fish ><>
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 15:38 Edited at: 6th Jan 2007 15:41
Lol, I wouldn't come back to read so many flames neither. Now, JSG - listen, as I shall say this only once.

These people here are flaming you. Oh yes, I won't deny that it isn't very nice of them, but they are none-the-less. Now you should start to think: What am I doing wrong?

I'll help you.

First of all, you've created a series of 'games' that are nothing more than print-statements under the impression of a fully-fledged next-gen 3D game.

Lesson 1: Don't ever say you've done something you haven't. (That's good for this one, you've been fair about what you made! Thumbs up!)

Lesson 2: It is more harm to ones name to lie once than to be truthful a hundred times. Think about your reputation and how that reflects in the flaming.

Lesson 3
, the most important one: We don't care if a program is a simple series of print-statements, as long as you present it as such. However, this is a community of people who make 'games' or 'applications'. Try to deliver or present a full application. (Which this, I'm sorry to say, clearly was not).

And Lesson 4: Don't give up. There's a bunch of very helpful people, and they've made me from a total n00b into a... lesser n00b in a few weeks.

tha_rami - the best way to predict the future is to invent it
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 15:42
Hope he reads those

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 17:09
i bet he doesnt...

...No Signature here...
The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 18:28 Edited at: 6th Jan 2007 18:42
look on every single thread of his and he only replies to each one about twice.

he's got a crap website too, when i post on his forums it come up with an error. when i check to see if it actually posted this is "apparemtly" what i typed in
Quote: "wilderbeast92

User is Online

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:33 pm Post subject: SVT Examples Quote Edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From, kpep.org/svtachyarrhythmias/avnrt.htm
Here is the first one (this is in a person with no SVT):

Rewrote:
AV Nodal Reentrant Tachycardia

Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia, abbreviated AVNRT, is the most common cause of supraventricular tachycardia. It is more common in woman than in men and it usually presents over a wide age range, from teenagers and young adults to the elderly. Patients with AVNRT have an abnormal electrical circuit within their AV node. It is not clear if patients are born with the propensity to have this arrhythmia, or whether it develops later in life for unclear reasons. It does not, however, appear to be inherited. In addition, there may be many individuals who have the abnormal circuit but never develop the tachycardia.

Figure 1. Simplified idealized diagram of the normal electrical circuit in the heart. The atrioventricular (AV) node and the His bundle are the linchpin of the electrical circuit because normally they are the only electrical connection between the atria and ventricles.

Figure 1 schematically illustrates the normal atrioventricular conduction system. In this figure, both atria and ventricles are depicted as single oval-shaped objects. The AV node and His bundle are shown as a single one-way pathway connecting the atria to the ventricles. In individuals with a normal AV node there is only a single AV nodal pathway; the electrical impulse conducts from the SA node, through the right atrium, and then traverses the single AV node pathway to the ventricles.

Patients with the AVNRT have an abnormal electrical circuit, involving two interconnected electrical conduction pathways in the AV node, as depicted in Figure 2. Having two pathways can result in the electrical impulse getting “stuck” inside the AV node circuit. In this case, the electrical impulse goes “round-and-round” inside the AV node at a very fast rate. Each time the impulse comes back around to the bottom of the AV node, the impulse conducts down the His bundle to the ventricles. Therefore the ventricles beat very fast — as fast as the electrical impulse spins (conducts) around inside the dual AV nodal pathways. "

what i actually wrote was
Quote: "you don't actually think this game is good do you?"

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 19:03
Lol i think the Katarina16 is retarded >< Or she is the JGS

Quote: "
In Jordan Stories forums
In Hospital Tycoon section
"

Quote: "
I have copy of this game and i LOVE IT!
"

And you can see my remake of the game in this thread lol

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 19:05
lol

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 19:45
It is actually possible to do better with this program:

As you can see, my program is far superior, didn't take 3 hours and, comes with rems so you can track through the individual process(es) involved in the primary goals of your program:
1. Open webpage
2. Get slagged off
3. Serve no point

Cowbox

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 23:41
Too bad other threads in the Program Annoucements board don't get this much attention. Lets just let this one die sink to the bottom. JGS, take the good constructive critism in this post and use it for next time.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2007 21:37 Edited at: 10th Jan 2007 02:15
Sorry Mike, I just have a couple things to say.

Quote: "Yea we all tried to help him but he never come back to read the post's... So its useless to teach him anything.."

Which is why I wonder why you waste your time telling him what to do if you know that it is useless to teach him anything. That's plain irony in its simplest form.

Quote: "why dont the mods just ban him untill he proves to have an actual normal real game or program?"

Can you honestly say that what you are doing now is better than his posting this thread? If anyone is deserving a ban, that would be you. Ironic act number 2.

Quote: "I din't even download that because i know what type of JGS programs are ...."

Then you have no right whatsoever to criticize his program. The initial intention of the upload feature is to allow TGC users to download and try other user's games/programs, and if you do not do so, then what can you found your opinion upon other than the opinions of others? I call that ironic act number 3 because you are trying to judge something you have not even witnissed!

Quote: "its his first program?

what about all those "games" he made?"

Quote: "i bet that if he looks trough my V1 codes of MultiMap he cant understand what it does without the comments..."

Quote: "His games aren't even worthy to be called games...

its a miracle he still hasnt learned a thing."

I challange you to name one project you have completed thus far, and if you can't, then you share his miracle. In fact, yours is even more of a miracle, seeing how you joined these forums a year before he did.

Jordan is a noob? Yes. You just stated that he doesn't listen to anyone. If that is the case, then I suggest everyone stand back and whatch what happens in Jordan's next thread, without this repetitive interferance.

Ok, I'm sorry, I'll let this thread die.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7950GT 512MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 1GB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 07:03
I'd just like to say that jsg's programs are the absolute best things I have ever come upon in my entire life. I worship his amazing programming abilities. Keep it up jsg! You're extremely intelligent and an inspiration to all those below you.

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 06:32
I agree with Kentaree and Uncle Sam.
And Roaxs I find your post very Demeaning.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2007 08:27
You know, i don't act like a noob like he does, but i still haven't completed anything. Its kind of depressing.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 16:22 Edited at: 21st Jan 2007 16:30
Quote: "Lol i think the Katarina16 is retarded >< Or she is the JGS"

@The Full Metal Coder Roxas: You have no right to insult my users.

Quote: "Lol, I wouldn't come back to read so many flames neither. Now, JSG - listen, as I shall say this only once.

These people here are flaming you. Oh yes, I won't deny that it isn't very nice of them, but they are none-the-less. Now you should start to think: What am I doing wrong?

I'll help you.

First of all, you've created a series of 'games' that are nothing more than print-statements under the impression of a fully-fledged next-gen 3D game.

Lesson 1: Don't ever say you've done something you haven't. (That's good for this one, you've been fair about what you made! Thumbs up!)

Lesson 2: It is more harm to ones name to lie once than to be truthful a hundred times. Think about your reputation and how that reflects in the flaming.

Lesson 3, the most important one: We don't care if a program is a simple series of print-statements, as long as you present it as such. However, this is a community of people who make 'games' or 'applications'. Try to deliver or present a full application. (Which this, I'm sorry to say, clearly was not).

And Lesson 4: Don't give up. There's a bunch of very helpful people, and they've made me from a total n00b into a... lesser n00b in a few weeks."

Thanks for the advice, it is gladly taken and read.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 23:14
What was so bad about this program? It's a program isnt it? He's learning more commands isn't he? Why are some of you guys such jerks?

I posted a tic-tac-toe game here. I'd have to say that this program was better than my tic tac toe game, becuase it's alot more interesting to me.

Instead of flaming him like a jerk, why don't you say "good job!" or "here's some more things you can do with that kind of stuff".

I'm 100% sure that if we talk nice on these forums, everything would be a lot better.

And even if it's not up to the right expectations of a real program, you could kindly tell him that it's not ready, and then NOT POST and let it drop dead or WAIT FOR A MOD to LOCK IT.

-Mansoor S.

(Formerly Xenocythe)
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2007 23:27 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2007 23:36
www.thegamecreators.com

Wow! Good job JSG!

But I think this* should be in the 20 liner section.
Its also not really a program announcement so please
don't post announcements/progress like this and we will
treat you well

please read this
It's also good for announcements.
Before you'll create a new thread please follow all those hints.

*and some other stuff

[/center]
Currenty working for the Nvidia Game Dev Competition
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 01:30
Here here Xenocythe! I whole heartly agree!
Just because he's not programming HL3 doesn't mean he's a rotten programmer!

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 01:49
Thanks, for helping me.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2007 15:17
Lol you are still here? *sigh*

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 14:40
do you like to say stuff to hurt people?

Ethan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 16:05
Would you say a person is a bad person because he was at one point very small?
Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 20:05
Oh come on, end this thread already, all it involves is people repeatedly throwing criticisms at JSG that aren't constructive, it has no purpose and this post shouldn't be at the top of the board.

Just let this post die and with hope JSG will use that advice to make a great program... until then let other peoples projects take place at the top of the board.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2007 20:20
Shouldn't the Mods have locked this thread a few days ago?

Maybe they turned a blind eye to JSG threads?

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 10:23
JGS Email me I will help you if you really want! I have the perfect idea for you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 11:42:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 11:42:17