Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / God Damn'd Mother Cluckin' Internet Search Engines!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 04:10
oki i've been searching for almot 5hours now ... and i'm not blasted closer to finding a picture i want.

There is an enhancer for the HK USP .40 handgun, i can't remember what it is called however it extends the barrel by about 3" and surpresses the kickback of the weapon.
I've come across a site once before but i've forgotten where and the HDD i have the picture of it is sitting a good 10k miles away in watford

i just need to remember the name really of what it is...
now take a good look at this picture ->
what is on the front is basically what i'm after, only thats a different make and infact it think its a prop made for that film - but i need the real one.

i keep thinking its called the Matcatz or something - but not entirely sure and i keep comming up blank on search engines.

if you can find me pictures and even better somewhere that sells them - i'd be greatful
Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 08:02
type your word in twice and three times with spaces.

I saw a google hack documentary with small clever tricks like this.

the theory goes it finds the site with more prevalant words and more than one usage of that word.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 13:31
hmm... worth a try - only problem is i'm not entirely sure what i'm looking for lol
what a pitty we don't have any weapons experts around here
only want one cause i just got a silver top frame for my USP with a raven engraved down the side - and it looks sweet but i just want the two tone silver-black kickback surpressor just to make it truely awesome (^_^)

i know its kinda sad, but it's about the only thing keeping my stress down ... got another new upgrade for my Mauri P90 my favourite one now has a nightvision lense and a laser pointer capable of working in dense fog & displays how far away it is hitting something. Next thing to get for it is the silencer ... already got one for my usp hehee - love scaring the neighbours dog when it barks by shooting a blank at it

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 20:16
Hmmm, Raven's pissed and he's looking for a hand gun....

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 22:20
and has a silencerO_o watch out.. raven be sniping a neighborhood near youO_O

The 3D Modeler's Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3dModeler/
The Unofficial DB Newsgroup : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DBMag/
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 22:39 Edited at: 30th Apr 2003 22:39
Everybody lock & load ..
Enemy is consider armed-less, but dangerous ..
Do not let him get your cluckin' guns ..
On sight, shoot to kill, repeat, shoot to kill.

How's the rooftop situation soldier, over!

*scouts perimeter with me cluckin' binoculars*

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 23:38
i don't have a full gun licence yet so i wouldn't worry cause i'm only allowed to buy blanks. i know a place i could buy real ammo for nothing and howto customise the barrel of my Mauri P90's so they first real ammunition ... but i'm not bothered about having it there to kill people - just to safely scare the shight outta them

but noone knows what i'm talking about with the Kickback Supressor do they?
shame cause i REALLY want one... i've decided to get 2more USP .45's with the same chrome on black finish - they're gorgeous guns, but there i saw some baretta blade's yesterday... might check them out later in town see if Smith's have any.
you know last week i say they had an RPG just sitting on the wall with the price tag of $580.
It's funny, think america is one of the weirdest places - they bitch about all the guncrime, yet you can legally buy military issue hardware capable of destroying amoured vehicles (let along defenseless Fiat Punto's that the alarm goes off at 3am waking everyone up) madeness i tells ya, but atleast i've got some beautiful weapons.

have my custom made Katana/Kojana set hanging on the wall - has a quality urban feel to it with a slightly less than standard blade.
the hilts of the Katana's were developed to lock together to make a dual ended blade ... quite impressive once up, but i cant' handle using it like that - it's like 3m wide so it isn't little hehee

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 00:28
Heheheh, someone's invented a silencer for guns, so why not try inventing a loudener?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 01:44
lol... get the new Loudener For your HK Mk23 SoCom handgun... for those situations that need you to deafen everyone in the building
when you think Annoyingly Loud Sounds, think of the PMT Loudener from FeeMail Industries

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 02:25
Had a quick browse and came up with:

http://matrix.dumpshock.com/raygun/firearmac/add_usp.html

and

http://www.impactguns.com/store/hk_handgun.html

Probably no help though

mad catz is a name of an xbox controller by the way!

Gronda, Gronda
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 04:22
actually the name of a console perphiral company
got many things from then over the years ... i'm thinking its now Bladecat or something like that hehee - but god knows
the bitchy think is if anyones seen TR1 to 2, Lara's guns have them but the buggers have painted over the name
so i can't dang well tell where its from!!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 04:34
hey i found a place that sells them
it's called a P8 Compensator for HK Handguns (P8/MK23/USP)
costs $30

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 05:01
sleek looks

somehow it looks somewhat familiarly like a console guns

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 09:20
my brother says:
Quote: "what he needs to do is invest in a compensated model if he wants to control the recoil.

if he wants a mean looking gun, he can go to magnum research...

http://www.magnumresearch.com/
"

Jerico2day says:
Quote: "why should he invest in a compensated model?"

my brother says:
Quote: "
depends on what he wants to do with the gun. If he wants to do competition shooting, he needs to get one of the HK Competition models.

if he wasnts to lower his recoil and climb of the muzzle after multiple repeated shots, he would want a compensated model"

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 09:30
some more gun talk^_^

Christian: you do know that having a silencer on a weapon is very illegal?

jerico2day: really...hmm

Christian: ATF will throw whoever in the can for a long time
Christian: it was part of the gun laws passed many years ago.

jerico2day: O_o
jerico2day: so how can people sell them?

Christian: they cannot. They are mock suppressors.

jerico2day: ....
jerico2day: so then...he wouldn't be using a silencer?
jerico2day: he'd be using a mock suppressor that..silences^_^ er am i lost?

Christian: no. anything that muffles the noise emmited by the firearm is illegal.

jerico2day: ok..
jerico2day: so then, how can he purchase the mock suppressor from a gun store?

Christian: you can order them thru catalogs, but they are nonworking
jerico2day: oh so it just looks like u got a silener

Christian: like the telescoping stocks for the AR 15's. They make them but they are permanantly fixed.

Christian: yas. it looks
jerico2day: oookkk

Christian: unless it is preban weapon.
Christian: but even then, I believe that the govt knows about it

jerico2day: ?

Christian: the govt knows who the guns have gone to. The ATF is in charge of all that. Even in AZ where the gun laws are VERY liberal, yo uhave to have a license to deal arms, and for weapons purchases it is a phone call to the FBI on the spot to do BG check

jerico2day: ok

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 12:40 Edited at: 1st May 2003 12:40

Some nice guns made in Japan based off popular Mangas and Animes. Too bad these can't be shiped to the USA do to those gun laws. So much for the Second Amendment.

The Legend of Zelda IS NOT an RPG! It's an Adventure, just like Ico or Dark Cloud.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 12:42
thank god for the restrictions on guns..i don't want those things on the streets

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 14:57
RAVEN MUST HAVE THESE GUNS!!!

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 01:49

you like raven? raven? oh god, put that back in your pants!

Darken the skies, we are god
http://www.DelvarWorld.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 02:03
lol... i've got a hk handgun already
but i think i've fallen in love with the second gun that arrow posted - christ isn't that just the most beautiful peice of hardware you've ever seen!!!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 20:17
The first one Raven posted was nice, the other ones are absolutely ridiculous . All you need is a compact, sturdy handgun... ideally the brand spankin' new one the police are getting equipped with all over the US. Man, that is one sweet sidearm...

IMO a shotgun AND a decent handgun are mandetory for a good home defence system. If I was to make one of them fancy, it'd be the shotgun.... imagine how much you could fancify a gun that big, eh? Stick a laser sight on to it, radiation detection... while you're at it, why not add pliers, a wrench, a screwdriver, nail dispenser, swiss army knife, and PDA? In fact, why not make it a computer? Yes, in fact, I could expand it to be house-size with all the gadgets I need...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 03:48
Agreed, Raven. Shirow Masamune is king when it comes to anything mechanical. It from DOMINION CONFRICT, though the real life gun is a modifed FA-MAS 5.56mmF1 (Personally I think the FA-MAS series are coolest rifles ever). Like I said, you can't buy it if you live outside of Japan, but you can buy a air rifles version. If you ask real nice I'll post the site. Here's some more pic for the anime otakus out there.

(too show size)

Teenage Male Geek + Computer + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass alone with Computer
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 03:50
LOL @ Mouse!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 03:50
well i dont care fancifull or not, its not like i'm gonna go around killing people with it - not even there for personal defense, i have guns because some just well, look cool
i mean if you never even had a BBgun when you were growing up i feel sorry for ya ... far as i'm conserned it was just another part of how i grew up.
Parents never approved or guns (but dad was allowed army issue knifes, like that was fair!!) but had a mate who's dad was obscessed - and got a BB on the sly, think it was called Gat22 if anyone recalls BBgun names a few years back...

was a bitch to reload cause you'd have to push the front until it clicked (sounds easier than it was, then pull the chamber back - load it with the pellet and finally cock it
another mate had a gas pistol, god i loved that gun ... we used to go round thier houses and shoot the shight out of plastic chairs hehee
occasionally we'd have the urge to like shoot each other, and i mean the power was pretty pathetic on them so you'd get hit and it'd actually sting less than a paintball - but would sting in one small place so seemed worse hehee
come to thing of it i actually grew up pretty rough, i mean we played with guns - we made swords outta trees (and i mean we'd like really go all out and plane & widdle them down into shape and such) just had fights like that ... we used to tease the mental people, which put the s**ts up us one day when one got loose and came after us - christ you've never seen 2 people run so fast through stinging nettles and over a barbwire fense... finally getting over the 6ft fense of my backyard and hiding in the shed til we knew the retard had gone. Boxing fights, use to love them, well cept until alex's 22yo bro decided he wanted a turn ... there like me and alex, or rather just me cause Alex knew better and did a runner lol - we'd see him comming and be like over the back fence before you knew we were there

man i miss my childhood, it was a blast

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 03:54
don't like those lot so much... prefer the first two, especially the second
now thats what the next P90 should look like
you have to give me the site address for the airsoft guns, wouldn't mind a jap dealer though - cause i could probably ask them to wire over the design schematics give them to my local customer - that way they can be made to US specifications and be legal

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 04:04 Edited at: 3rd May 2003 04:07
Yeah the site in Japanese but the order form is in engilsh, here it is:
http://web.kyoto-inet.or.jp/people/kimon/sale.html#Overseas

The site itself is http://web.kyoto-inet.or.jp/people/kimon/index.html

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 06:04 Edited at: 3rd May 2003 06:06
Ahh, the DD44 Destovei

You know something, i never knew much about guns until i tried these out on 007 GoldenEye, they where soo sweet, give me 2 of those babies and i was unstopable

[edit] - those japanese guns are fcuking beautiful!

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 06:16
LOL! Clucking beautiful!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 10:36
i don't like Destovei's (Destovski?) ... personally for a power weapon it has to be a S&W Python 357 or Desert Eagle .50 i prefer the DE over the Python, not just looks but the actual kickback is compensated ALOT on the DE making it more more handleable and its simpler to reload.

and it really really love that gun

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 18:52 Edited at: 3rd May 2003 18:54
Hey raven, that "P8 Compensator for HK Handguns (P8/MK23/USP)" you where talking about (with the picture above) it's remarkably simillar to these ones:

UHC SUPER 8B

UHC SUPER 8S

are they the same? anyways these two where used in the Tomb Raider movie by Lara Croft!

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 06:03
Kimbet Custom TLE IIs for me . I'll stick with what the LAPD likes ^_^...

Oh, and you can buy the police issue flashlight from Thinkgeek.com if you want the full deal, too!

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 07:31
...for those who have just read this post for the first time, welcome to the Charlton Heston web page

Some meaty guns in this post, but are you sure all those Manga looking ones actualy work or are they just concept ideas?

Raven with a gun, yes that is a scary thought Have you been arguing with Indi again Raven? hehe

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 08:33
i'd be more scared around someone who doesn't understand about being responsible or howto use a gun.
and i'm trying to figure out why they're illegal weapons within the states when all they are, are Black or Grey casts... in otherwords they're prototypes which don't actually work.

the guns you use to build them from the kits would work, but as you can get Mauri or Airsoft versions of them - a bit hard to understand why they're illegal :-s
i've ordered a kit though for the last one i posted, had to ask them to put together a special kit of just the additional parts and cause they have none in stock they're gonng take about a week to make the parts, but they'll be diecast metal - so essentcially i won't have to do much to customise the weapon
the parts aren't whats illegal but the firearm provided apparently... i'll have to go down to Arnolds tomorrow love to bug him on a sunday - see what he thinks we can do.

i mean usually they also send the .40 bullets in the special clip, but instead having them send 10 clip cases - so i can outfit them with .40 Blanks
i'm gonna see about asking if i can get the surpressor for the blast when i fire to go into a small cooling unit at the side ... that way whenever i fire hopefully if i use something like Nitrus Oxide i can have it cool the blast from the fireing chamber so far that it turns into dense smoke.
just really want something cool that i can use for fun, but definately have to have the kit setup so i can use it down the firing range - i reckon if i can setup a compensator on it, i could get a very accurate weapon there

and yeah Hex the ones from the TR movie are basically what i was after ... UHC Super8 i'll have to try to find thier site, see if i can't get it cheaper.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 08:58:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 08:58:29