Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D Model Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i want a 3d model editor in which i can make models with ease and models like humans. I want a cool model editor except for milkshape. Please supply the link to the software
I am da man! Beware of my LAZER EYES!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 14:26
Um human models and ease dont exactly go together. I would go with Milkshape any way you look at it. If you have seen simples "Royalty Free Human Model" post he made that human in milkshape. Its really the best, most reasonable modeller out there! You just need to learn how to use it first, follow the tuts on the site, they are really good, especially the CS girl tut consisting of over 140 pages.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 14:29
Sorry matey but if you can't do it in milkshape you're not gonna be able to do it in anything more complex. If it was spaceships, maybe doga could help you, but modelling humans is practically the same in any package if you want them low poly. Try sticking at something, you'll make a breakthrough sooner or later.
'Modelling with ease' comes only with experience, not software, but look at some similar topics below and you'll find links to nearly all the free modellers available

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 14:30
ack rp beat me to it

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 14:31
I started my modelling practice with swords. I modelled swords for my game and then I really started to get the hang of modelling Work on static objects first, then when you can whip those up in a matter of minutes, move onto different human limbs.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 15:20 Edited at: 1st May 2003 15:49
-Its really the best, most reasonable modeller out there

Milkshape isn't that good for modeling,I think it's better for animations and that wings3d is much better as far as modeling is concerned...I mean,Milkshape can't even select/manipulate edges ???

Also the one thing that bugs me in Milkshape,although I'm pretty sure Mete will implement this in MS2(which is too late for me) is the lack of view rotate options,you can't select a sub-object and make it the center of rotation in a viewport...This may not sound too bad but when the model get some more height like when you've done the legs it become a tedious task to rotate the view compared to the local viewport rotation Truepsace,Wings3d or Max/GMax have...Instead,you'd have to hide some groups according to your fitting needs...

Still for 20$ it's a good price which almost makes my post look like a rant...Cause' in fact MS is one of my favorite softs...along with Open Source Wings3d and Gmax of course...Which makes me think you can always learn some good stuff using either Gmax,MayaPLE and Softimage XSI exp(all free versions)

My god I feel bad not having told you also about Free Truespace 3.2 on download.com...Now although most people are blown by the interface at first like I did(it's mostly graphic but has a tip bar at the bottom of the screen),you get used to it and it's probably the best documented freeware modeler/renderer out there...I mean they have a way of making everything understandable in their docs...

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 16:33
To manipulate an edge in milkshape you just select the 2 vertices that comprise it. You turn edges in the face menu, though I agree it could be simpler. You get around the lack of view rotation by using the wireframe view on the 3d window, also like you said hiding vertices, but also by using the type in transform. You can rotate the whole model using this, then rotate it back by exactly the same amount, it's an extra hassle, but I've found theres not much you can't do in milkshape, though other programs certainly make it simpler. I only just registered it, and I'm using it more than max, just for a change of scene

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
this milkhshape always craches when opened in my com. so i told except milkshape.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2003 16:54 Edited at: 1st May 2003 17:04
http://www.Wings3d.org

Note:Just tested the latest stable version...It now supports additionnal windows.

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
Actarus, thank you. You are the only one who helped, others just were arguing with me on using and not using milkshape. The software u suggested is very cool!

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
first time it worked, the second time i tried tio open it crashed on opening. Tried everything but din't work. Any other tools?

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 08:12 Edited at: 2nd May 2003 08:14
Stop being so damned lazy, no-one was arguing with you.
This stoopid topic should never have been started in the first place since if you had half a brain, you might have checked the threads below like I said in the first place, where this question has been answered extremely comprehensively.
I mean, when you see a topic labelled "free 3D editor", why complain when people actually give you sound advice?
It reeks of someone trying to blame their own incompetance on others.
Here's a direct link for your convenience "dark basic pro master"
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=9386&b=3
The fact that your machine is crashing on at least 2 different programs should tell even the most cretinous of morons that the software is not the problem, it's an issue with the system itself. Fix that first

Pal
Years of Service
User Offline
i dunno wat problem is there with my system
is it because my gfx card doesn't support opengl?

Oryaaaaa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 06:51
Hello all.

I think that it writes the fact of Japan though I do not accurately understand the agenda.

Metasequoia is used most in the software that can be for no-charge used. Not only the amateur but also the professional is using this software. Animation cannot be done. It is possible to use it in cooperation with LightWave3D, Max, and trueSpace, etc.

If is used, it might be good.
http://www21.ocn.ne.jp/~mizno
Oryaaaaa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 07:08
MetasequoiaLE(Free),Metasequoia(Shareware)

Shareware is a very perfect tool. The UV relation is also wonderful, and it corresponds to a lot of formats. Modeling that is more excellent than trueSpace6.5 is possible. It is an especially perfect for game production tool.

An unregistered limitation of Shareware is limited to the preservation of an original format. This can be used as DEMO. I recommend both versions to be tested. It is a typical tool introduced to 3DCG magazine of Japan many times. In the first half in its twenties, it is young person that made this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 03:06:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 03:06:13