Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Any help on LIMBS please?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Bones should be limbs right?
you can get the 3D position of each bone and do things to it, glue an object to it, check the bone position for matrix collision etc etc etc

right...?

any chance of a some sample code ?

if you export a model with bones, DB pro is going to consider the bones as limbs and if you move the limbs... the related model parts (parts with bones) will move?

or
can you export just bones and than load objects and attache them to bones-limbs

I did try a simple mode, just a cube with a couple of face extrusions....in x format

when I do a print of the limb string check list I get a print on screen of SCENE NAME, Mesh and limbs names, modeller 4 viewport camera names (e.g. perspective,top,front,side)
is DB PRO thinking that the scene and the camera view of the modeller are limbs?

this is a sample code that woudl help me and I think anyone else to understand the basics:

cube with bones (one bone as soor and 4 bones hanging out of the cube) exported as a .x model

load it in DB PRO
from code load or create 4 more obejcts

attach each of this object to one of the free hanging limbs

move some limb = should move object

any limb expert willing to jot down some source code for newbies to look at?

NOTE: when I did a print of the limb string checklist, it did not say a NUMBER for each limb, just a list, but I think you are supposed to know limb number right?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated
Thanks
Rollit

I'm checking the examples, but right now I have not found what I'm looking for... still trying though
Jimmy Cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2003 20:00
ditto

Me, i'll just be here crying my brains out
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 06:33
If u make a model with the same limb heirachy and limb numbers then it will behave the same as creating it with code.

consult this puppetry snippet for an idea.

Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
So are limbs and the bones of a .x model totally seperate things? I mean if I have a human figure made with a bone structure saved as .x model, how would I attach a gun to his hand? So i'm creating an animation of my man running but whatever weapon he is holding should be joined to the hand...does this require limbs?
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I tried "perform checklist on object limbs"

I see that my model has 91 limbs....this corelates to the number objects in my model, not the number of bones. So I presume I can basically attach another object(limb) to any of the objects on my model.

I'm not sure how it figures what limb number corelates to which object in the model
Jimmy Cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2003 20:35
yeah Limbs are used with equipping guns and crap.

if I want to build a human model with limbs and be able to interchange thighs and arms and heads would each body part need to be a separate defined object?

Me, i'll just be here crying my brains out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 15:11:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 15:11:35