Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Using Milkshape to create a model with .x

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hail DB guru's!
Need a bit of help with using a model from Milkshape. I've created a human model (super low poly x-d ) and am trying to use it in a DBPro program. Basically the only code I'm using in DBPro is what it takes to display the model that I exported from Milkshape. The problem I am running into is that after exporting to DirectX from Milkshape then going to DBPro to load, the model appears a bit dismembered. I got the head floating somewhere above em and the legs disassembled as well. Animation works (so far just waving arms) fine but wondered if anyone ever ran into this too.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 00:11
Hmmmm, in milkshape, in the 3D window, is "Draw Backfaces" UNSELECTED, if it is selected, then the model will draw its backfaces. You need to uncheck it to see what your model really looks like.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 05:11:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 05:11:51