Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Confused about object axes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 23:38
Using the Police Car on the Dark Matter CD as an example...

When I load the object, to make it go forwards (positive Z) using the MOVE OBJECT command, I must YROTATE the car 180 degrees. If you don't, it travels in reverse (travels in the negative Z direction)

If I look at the model in Wings 3D, it's actually nose-diving. If the nose of the car is 0,0,0, the tail of the car is in the positive Y direction...

Can anyone explain it all to me!?!
Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2003 23:41
It all depends on the modeller. I recently made a model straight-up in Wings, and when I loaded it into DB it was on its side like your one in the picture. The best way to get around this is when the car is facing the right way in DB, use fix object pivot objectNo, which resets all the angle values etc (I think) so you can move the car forward.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 01:21
each modellers Axis are different... and you really need to either use importer/exporters which compensate for the format - or if this is not an option then you have to either reorientate on export/import or for exporting reorientate the axis

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 01:51
I imported it into Cinema 4D and it looked correct. I think you are right...know your modelling app and export it correctly.

I'm a bit surprised that the model as it comes on the DarkMatter CD needs correcting before you can use it. The beach buggy is the same.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Morales
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 04:03
yrotate object 1,90
fix object pivot 1
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 09:32
they were all created in 3D Studio Max 4, and they all load find into that

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2003 10:01
dont rely on fix object pivot.

just rotate it so it sits up correctly in DBC DBP.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 03:56:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 03:56:05