Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Free FPSC ready flashlight (Torch) repost.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 22:00
Alright I got it working. Thanks a lot, to both of you guys. I really appreciate the contribution and I am really sorry for any trouble.
Thanks!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
smitho,

I have your flashlight set so that it runs great. I love it!

Awsome work!!

I was going to do something similar but never got around to it. Now I dont have to, many thanks to you.

I want to bring the hud modle back a little, about 1/4 the length of the torch.

I opened the torch.fpe in the game core folder and added the following lines:

offy =
offx =
offz =

And I also tried:

aligny =
alignx =
alignz =

No matter what I set the value at for any one of the above x,y,z lines the hud model doesnt change position.

I also went as far to open the hud.x in 3D Canvas and shift it back a little. even though I only brought the model back a bit it made it huge and running across the screen instead of out from it.

I then opened the gunspec.txt and adjusted the following lines:

aligny =
alignx =
alignz =

That didnt change anything.

I also tried "offx,offy,offz" and "alignx,aligny,alignz" commands in the torch fpe in the entities dir and that didnt work either.

How would I change the position of the hud model to the position I want it to be at?

Please nderstand that this not a complaint. I think you did a fabulous job. Thanks again!!

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 18:17

I think if you change horiz to something like -25, it might help - If not, let me know

I understand its not a complaint - its a modification to better suit your project Thankyou for trying yourself first!

And, of course, you are welcome

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Smitho,

Dude!!! You rock!!

Worked like charm.

That is exactly what I needed.

Heavy peace and love to you all your generations, man!!

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 19:04
You are very welcome
My generations say thankyou (Haha - maybe someday )

Enjoy my friend

smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 13:36
Looks good man. I wonder if it would be possible in future versions of FPSC to turn it into a proper beam.

big..hahaha..you said big!
Xperiment
Years of Service
User Offline
Could it be possible to make the flashlight dual-wielded? Like, in your left hand you've have the flashlight and a gun in your other hand .
I think it would be nice
pidg productions
Years of Service
User Offline
this flashlight works great, but i hav a question, would i be able to have the crosshair always on? even when i put my gun away, it would still be there, and if i switched guns, it would still stay on. im not sure if thats making it into part of the hud or not
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 22:34
Please.. stop bumping threads when youve got nothing to say but spam.
This is my thread and do not care what you're doing. If i want to know, ill come look at your thread, okay?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 05:47
I erased the posts in question as well as another that I will answer here...The flashlight functions just like any other type of weapon.Therefore when you put your flashlight away/switch to another weapon you no longer have the flashlight crosshair.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 21:51
To turn on the flashlight for every weapon replace the crosshair with mine (or the one Fred made with an intergrated crosshair)..
Im not sure if he posted it, but its easy enough to make!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 22:55 Edited at: 19th Aug 2007 23:02
If you want to turn it on/off for every weapon in game use this script :

It is actually my equivalent of S4's script (written from scratch, not actually a modification), without ambience change (never got around to that) and therefore uses his image for testing, but this one is made as a pickup and allows you to turn it on/off with the same button (F, in this case).

I tried setting up your crosshair image but both the one in the zip and the one for commercial use didn't work - the transaprency didn't show up. I'll try using the one Seth posted, since I don't have GIMP on my laptop (I do have Photoshop, but not a DDS importer). If you have S4's flashlight, which I think was given out on a user-by-user basis, this script will work as-is.

Instructions:
Place a flashlight pickup somewhere (a good one to use would be WW2->Items->Torch) and give it this script. Select Always On to Yes. Now test game and pick it up. Press F to turn on and F again to turn off, no more two key flash-lights. You could easily change it to something like X like FEAR if F is activate or something in your game. If you want the player to start the level with the flashlight you can either remove the plrdistwithin condition in state 10 or place it right under the player. Some work could get it to work in the setuplevel script aswell.

EDIT: Seth's doesn't work either. Drat. If you could make a PNG like S4's that might work.

And Nickydude - even though you haven't asked yet, yes, you can put this in your guide

EDIT 2: Wait, won't work as-is even with S4's flashlight already installed. You'll need to add slashes to the hud file pointer, the forum seems to have removed them.

Vote today and play the games!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 03:09 Edited at: 20th Aug 2007 03:13
[quote]To turn on the flashlight for every weapon replace the crosshair with mine (or the one Fred made with an intergrated crosshair)..
Im not sure if he posted it, but its easy enough to make!
quote]

...um, not a glory hound, but I was the one who added a crosshair to your flashlight, Smitho...

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 13:39
oh sorry, mate.
I didnt look, and i remember Fred uploading a picture (and i thought it had the crosshair on)
Thanks again

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 20:49
Quote: "oh sorry, mate.
I didnt look, and i remember Fred uploading a picture (and i thought it had the crosshair on)
Thanks again"

...no problems!

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 05:38
I loved the flashlight so I'm bumping this

Uhhhhhhh.... I forgot
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 03:59
Since the light "coming" from the flashlight is a croshair, I was wondering, will it only show that as the croshair while the flashlight is out, or all throughout the game.

Troy Chambers
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 10:38
Just replace any other guns crosshair with my image.

smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
(this might be oftobic a litle and im sorry for that)
you make alot of your model packs in gogle sketchup how do u get them into fpsc i would love to know

on topic thanks for all the model packs

if you dont whant to post the ans here then please email me at
ocgames@hotmail.co.uk
thanks

http://www.ocgames.tk
(sight in development games coming soon)
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 21:11
Check here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94897&b=24

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:12:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:12:27