Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / animation problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok heres my problem - i have made a walking animation in milkshape for a chicken and i am having trouble getting it to wrok in dbpro. Using the direct x(jt) export with dx skin and bones mode the animation seems to be correct, but half the mesh is distorted and in the wrong place. with the directx retained mode, the mesh is in tact - but the faces dont seem to move with the animation (is this mesh deformation?) leaving holes. plus with the direct x 8.0 export dbpro just crashes!

any suggestions however basic appreciated,

thanks.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 07:23
could u post the joint and bone lists then check to see there all correctly aligned together and that each one has a unique name.

madcaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
the joints are all different names but i noticed that not all the joints are linked i.e the foot and leg bones dont join to the main body bone leaving 2 seperate bones sections- could this be the problem?

thanx
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 20:56
Probably...

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
madcaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
ok ill try - any idea how to add a bone between 2 existin joints in milkshape? i can only find the joint tool
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 21:35
I don't know if you can, since it's only two bone it should be no problem to just redo them.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 00:43:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 00:43:50