Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Needing help with texturing my house

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 10:47
Hello evry1. I have this little problem with my house model and I'd like to get some help with it. Well, I did it with lightwave 7 and converted to .x file, but when I try to open it with DB (not DBPro) it shows only polygons with no textures. All the bitmaps are located in the same directory as my code-file and model. Hmm.. I did just a cube with textures with lightwave too, and DB shows automaticly the textures with no lines of code so I guess that can be possible with the house am I right. If you disagree I start to put textures by typing a code but If there's any easier way I'd like to know it... thanks!
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 12:19
Is your texture in one file or is it split in to the several textures, like one texture file for each side?

If its only one file containing textures for all sides, try to use simple texture object command. If your model contain texture uv data your object will be textured correctly.

If you would like to texture your object in DB you would need to make each side of your house like separate limb in order to texture it correctly.

Also make sure that when you export to x file format your texture is in same directory like model.

A yea, in which format your texture is, I recomend to use bmp format... (jpg should work in DB too but its wery bad format to use in aplications)
Eaglesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 12:35
Is your texture in one file or is it split in to the several textures, like one texture file for each side?

Yep,It is in one file that, at least in lightwave, contains few layers that are textured with different textures. Only thing that seems to be "textured" is the knot of the door. I just changed its color so I think the problem is with the texture loading.

Textures are in BMP format and they are in same folder as the original .lws file and when I export it copys the bitmaps to export folder.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 14:42
Did you Texture Object(x)

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 15:31 Edited at: 7th May 2003 15:31
I don't know in Lightwave but generally you'll have to attach(3ds) or Group(Milkshape,Maya,Softimage),then texture,and then if needed,re-detach before export.

Make sure you put all objects on the same layer also.

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Eaglesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 18:27 Edited at: 7th May 2003 23:55
Did you Texture Object(x)

No I didn't. I tested texturing with cube with textures "worn" by lightwave and it worked.

Well. I tried to put all in one layer but it worked neither.

BTW I tested objects with my friends computer and it worked. Could the problem be possibly because of my hardware ??
---
1200Mhz Amd Thunderbird
256 PC-133 SDRam
60GB Diskspace

and at last and the least

GeForce 2 MX400 64MB
----

and of course Windows XP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:50:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:50:33