Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 5 FPS Guns for $4 - New Model Pack Offer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:02

Guns:

--------
Beretta
--------

IN-DBPRO Render
WireFrame View - 772 Polys
Formats: .X, .3DS, .MS3D

--------
Colt38
--------

IN-DBPRO Render
WireFrame View - 716 Polys

--------
Desert Eagle
--------

IN-DBPRO Render
WireFrame View - 716 Polys

--------
Glock17
--------

IN-DBPRO Render
WireFrame View - 504 Polys

--------
Jericho 941
--------

IN-DBPRO Render
WireFrame View - 768 Polys

-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
-------------------------------------------------------------------

5 FPS Guns for FOUR Dollars! (Less than one dollar each)
All of these Low Poly gun models are available for your purchase at the XenMedia Store

Find the exact product here.

This is the first of many model packs that will be released via XenMedia store.
Check out the 3D Chat board for more packs in the future!

Simply add the item to your cart, create a store account to purchase the item, go through the safe PayPal Express Checkout process, and the 5 FPS Guns are available for download on your account forever!

Enjoy!
Thanks,
Xenocythe
XenMedia
Sales@XenMedia.org

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:13
This is great! And really good price too, good work Xeno =)

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:15
The glock and the Jericho looks kinnda bad if you compare to the others=P they looks like.. a mess in texture anyway =P looks good anyway and cheap =P

Quik, Quiker than most
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:16
Wow, This pack is excellent. The models are very good quality and the price is not bad either.

I'm buying this... hands down!

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:49
Thanks very much guys, I'm glad you found the pack useful!

Look forward to new packs soon!

Thanks,
Xenocythe
XenMedia
Sales@XenMedia.org

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 20:51 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 20:54
I don't think these would be very good for first person, but for third person or RTS games these would ok. I assume you have the rights to the pictures you used for the textures?

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 21:03
SamHH,
I would think they're ideal for First Person, I'm using them directly in my FPS Engine, they look pretty good to me.

Oh and, yes I used pictures as reference and backbone for the textures, but they are still from scratch. Some small things like the logos, clips, safety, and the tiny specific details that would look better are from the original. But yes of course, I e-mailed the picture owners for rights on those minor details.
Thanks for reminding me to clear that up, in case anyone else was wondering.

What would you believe to be better for First Person? I'd really love some constructive criticism, it could really help for the next model packs to be released!

Thanks very much Sam,

Xenocythe
XenMedia
Sales@XenMedia.org

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 23:52
Update!

I'm making the models FPSC ready and I'm also going to sell in the TGC Store. However, they will be priced a tad bit higher in the TGC Store.

There are now a couple new packs in the works... and also an application that will be added to the store for free!

Thanks,
Xenocythe
XenMedia
Sales@XenMedia.org

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 00:09
Well, could you post also wireframes? It would be easier to give you some C&C...

Make games, not war.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 00:13
I did It's up there, in a link under each picture.

Thanks Accoun!

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 00:49 Edited at: 26th Jan 2009 00:52
Well, TBH they aren't very good... The main thing is: they're flat. They aren't cardboard cutouts, but they're looking like they were made in one view only.
Second thing: they lack in details. F. ex. sights surely aren't just boxes like you've made (and EVERY pistol has them - in your pack only 2 have them).
Somertimes they don't match the gun's shape (like front of Beretta or the "bump" in the middle of Glock. Also have to mention that magazine is never like "[]", they're like "\\" [hope you understood, forgot how to call that] and the hole in Colt where the empty shells come out is IIRC one-sided)
If you ask me, after some modifications they'll be nice 3rd person models but for 1st person IMO it would be better just to make new with a higher poly budget...
Hope that helps...

Make games, not war.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 00:58
Quote: "I would think they're ideal for First Person, I'm using them directly in my FPS Engine, they look pretty good to me. "

Well, FPS weapons are usually at least one or two thousand polies; yours are closer to about 600, and so they're several lacking detail, especially the glock and jericho. They look very flat, as if you just modeled the most basic shape of the gun then relied on the texture for everything else, which especially doesn't work considering the textures look to be about 512x512; fairly low-res.

But all things considered they're pretty good. Nice job.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 01:04
Thanks for the great critisicm Accoun!
I really appreciate it. I'll keep all these things in mind when I create a model pack with weapons that do have a more high poly budget.
I guess my excuse for lacking those things is that I wanted the models to be low-poly, and then again who is going to complain when I've priced the models so low

Thanks,
Xenocythe

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 03:53
Basically its just the detail level that standard for fps weapons now, basically just model more of the parts of the gun.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 04:19
SamHH,
Very cool, thanks.

By the way, your store was quite nice as well.

Look forward to a new pack that is near completion!

Thanks,
Xenocythe
XenMedia
Sales@XenMedia.org

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
There is definitely a market out there for low-low poly FPS weapons. However, you really need to learn proper UV techniques to make the models worth asking money for. It also appears that the models weren't built with moving parts which is going to make them look extra bad in FPP. Not to be overly critical but I think you need to improve your craft before asking money for your work because right now it just looks like you're trying to get paid for learning.

Also, keep in mind that even though you may have permission to use the photos, the copyright logos (IMI, Beretta, etc) are a seperate legal issue. Those need approval from the copyright holder(s) of the logos and would need to be approved for the specific game in which they are displayed. So, by including those trademarks, you are creating a legal trap for your customers.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 09:47
I like your banner....lol

It made me click on it just to see what the heck you were talkin about..... i thought maby you had made 5 fps games from fps creator and was sellin them for 4 bucks..(That probly would have been a nice deal too! lol)

But now i see...

Nice guns...they look great

SMD3DInteractive
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 17:13
SMD_3D Interactive,
Thanks! I appreciate you seeing what this thread was about. I'll try to make just as good banners for the next packs P.s. if you like the guns, check them out on the store, you might be interested in buying them, hehe.

Errant AI,
I completely agree with you. To be honest, one reason I decided to price the five guns so lowly was because I knew the UV map wasn't used to it's potential. I'll have you know, however, that since this pack was complete (3 weeks ago) I was doing nothing but practicing UV maps and creating higher quality textures in my photoshop cs3. Thanks for the constructive crit. While I've decided to keep the '5 weapons for $4' rule for the next weapon packs to come, the quality will be enough to make the pack worth way more than the money you're paying for it.

Don't worry, for you will not be disappointed in the next packs, concerning quality of the models and UV maps!

Thanks,
Xenocythe
XenMedia
Sales@XenMedia.org

Mr Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 19:31
I have one question, dide you actually make thetextures or did you just use a picture from both sides and paste it on? the last 2 guns look like a pasted image.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 21:10
Mr Modeler,
Lol, I cleared that up in this post if you didn't read already I guess your saying that it looks pretty good, so thank you I understand that the last two don't look as great, but I did the best I could.

@Everyone,
Still waiting to set up for the TGC store set-up, however I am making them FPSC ready and I'll be fixing the 'logo' copyright biz mentioned above. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:31:38