Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] Dr. Kawashima Selection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 15:23 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2009 02:25
Whoa! Old post! WIP was here (no download): WIP Thread.
--

Hi. This thread is to become a small side-project of mine, in which I replicate the games from Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training. You will need Cloggy's D3D Plugin to play these games, as it is used for text functions. These games are designed to run in 640x480 resolution.

Games List
Word Vs Color - Created 1/July (Not Updated Since)
Sums x Infinity - Created 1/July (Not Updated Since)
Low To High - Created 2/July (Updated 3/July)
Head Count - Created 5/July (Not Updated Since)
Sequence - Created 7/July (Not Updated Since)

Word Vs Colour
In this game, words appear on the screen in different colours. You must press the key that corresponds to the color of the word, not the word itself. The colours are Red, Green, Blue, Pink, Cyan (light blue), and Yellow.

Sums x Infinity
In this game, simple maths questions appear on the left of the screen. The questions can be sums, subtractions, or multiplications. You must enter the correct answer to each sum (pressing enter to confirm). The number of correct answers is displayed at the bottom-right next to the total number of questions answered.

Low To High
In this memory game, a group of boxes containing numbers appear on screen, then disappear promptly, leaving empty boxes. You must then click each box, starting with the one in which the lowest value was contained, and ending with the highest. The groups become bigger each time you progress.
3/July: Now Timer-Based. Grid re-centered. Countdown added.

Head Count
In this frantic game, there is a house that people enter and exit. Before the level starts, the number of people already in the house is displayed. The house then appears, and people begin going in and out. You must keep up with the flow, and write the total number of people remaining in the house at the end of the level.

Sequence
In this game, a sequence of four numbers, one of which is missing, appears on screen, and you must fill in the missing number (using enter to confirm).

There are more games to appear as they are completed, and existing games will be improved over time. Improvements will include features such as time restraints and results summations, and perhaps when a large number are up and running, I might begin amalgamating them into one program.

Please feedback!

Have Fun!

Space Shooter - DarkEye - Concentricious - Puyo - Brain Training
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 16:42 Edited at: 1st Jul 2007 16:44
That was an intresting twist on the puzzles of that type I have seen. You forgot D3D_Init and Randomize Timer() though. Randomize Timer() isn't required but it helps to have it.

MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 16:52 Edited at: 5th Jul 2007 22:59
If you have version 3.5 of the plugin (or later), d3d_init is called automatically and is only needed when changing resolution.

MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 01:56 Edited at: 5th Jul 2007 22:58
Update: I've started implementing proper timer-based control into the games. This system is adapted from some older code by Ric (Pause Routine For Timer-Based Control) that I've just polished up a little. It works great, so thanks to Ric!

Ellatica
Years of Service
User Offline
pretty cool

MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 23:59 Edited at: 20th Jul 2007 17:13
@Ellatica, Sixty: Thanks!

Another Update: This collection is being expanded on a great deal and becoming part of a single executable, complete with menu systems that closely reflect those of the DS game.

The full collection will include 9 freeplay exercises (very similar to the games whose code is shown above), 11 daily training exercises, and 5 brain age tests. It should also include the complete calendar, a clock (both analogue and digital), and 6 profiles.

It will appear on the WIP Board when the games and menus begin to be integrated and run stably.

Mr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
This is pretty awesome Give it a new name, and you could be making something original here - something never done in Darkbasic

Keep up the excellent work.
Nick.
PS. I love Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training! My highest score was Age 25.
TGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 17:44
The first two games crash when run, and on the Head Count game, the house started with one person inside and then two people came out.
MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 18:20 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 19:28
Make sure that you have the latest version of DBPro, and also make sure you're using a version of D3D that runs with the latest version of DBPro. If it persists in crashing, give me some more details on how.

You could also try changing/commenting out bits of code to get it to work.

EDIT: As for the headcount game, I thought that happened once or twice, but if I remember correctly, it was just me.
EDIT 2: Also try putting D3D_init at the top if it still fails.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 03:46:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 03:46:53