Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Tutorial on how to change the media in Model Packs 9 & 10

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 16:35
Fred's tutorial for how to change stuff in Model Packs 9 and 10.

REMEMBER TO BACK UP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT!

To change the hands...

Go to your c:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator folder.There you will find the replacement hand textures in a folder entitled "Extra textures for model packs 9 & 10" or something like that.Copy the hand texture you want from there and paste it into the folder of the weapon where you want the hand texture changed.

To change sounds...for instance,if you choose a weapon with a silencer attached you will have to find you own silencer sound and replace the fire sound in the weapon's folder with the silencer sound.

To change the crosshair...(I keep my crosshairs in the gamecore\ccrosshairs folder).Copy the crosshair you want and paste it into the folder of the weapon in question.

REMEMBER THAT THE REPLACEMENT MEDIA WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME NAME AS THE MEDIA YOU ARE REPLACING.

"crosshair.dds" will still need to be "crosshair.dds",etc.

To change the weapons.
1. Open the weapon folder.
2. Change the name of the HUD to oldHUD or something like that.
3. Change the name of the hud file of the gun you want to HUD.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT...
DEPENDING ON WHICH GUN YOU CHANGE TO YOU MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE THE GUNSPEC FILE.THERE ARE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THAT IN THE FILES AND YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW YOURSELF IF YOU READ UP ON STUFF LIKE THIS AROUND THE FPSC FORUMS.

Hope this helps.If you have any questions post them here or feel free to e-mail me.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
m man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much for this, Fred

I'll repost the walk-through about changing between the scoped and non-scoped version of the XIX/deagle here because I had a hard time searching for it.

(from thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115003&b=21 )

Changing between alt versions of different weapons is more or less the same sort of process.

In the XIX directory, there should be multiple .x files. Something like HUD.x, VWEAP.x, HUD_scope.x, VWEAP_scope.x, HUD_noscope.X and VWEAP_noscope.x.

To use the non-scoped version in your game:

1. Backup all of the .x files to a separate directory.

2. Delete the HUD.x and VWEAP.x files.

3. Rename the two files with the _noscope suffix so that HUD_noscope and VWEAP_noscope are now simply HUD and VWEAP.

4. Open the gunspec.txt file and comment out the line for the scope function.

There might have been a simpler way to explain but basically FPSC will only recognise HUD.x and VWEAP.x. It ignores the other files with the suffixs.

There is also a readme in that same directory explaining what the different .x files are.

If you want to also change the pickup weapon to reflect the non-scoped version, go to the entity bank and change which model the .FPI calls on. There should be an unused mesh in the entity directory with XIX in the name that is not called by default.
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 01:29 Edited at: 15th Dec 2007 01:29
NVM! srry

Check out my WIP game, and comment at>>>> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118704&b=25

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:21:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:21:29