Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 02:15 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 00:54
Hunt for Evil OUT NOW

http://www.huntforevil.com

Or The Direct Link:

http://www.huntforevil.com/Hunt_For_Evil.exe

STORY LINE:

The year is 2050. You are Captain PJ Kellar, and it’s your job to save the world.

You’ve been sent over to Catacombs of Paris because the underworld has surfaced into the tombs below the earth. And, they are fully armed and loaded. You’ve examined the video from the last crew. With your only brother as captain, the entire crew went into the tombs only to be totally wiped out. The underworld has now adapted some sort of new weaponry. And, they have enough fire power to take out anything that enters the tombs.

According to intelligence from the military, a massive attack on earth will begin soon. If successful, the creatures will take control of the tombs underground and ultimately, the entire planet. Now is the time to destroy the evil powers with a massive hand. You are the hero assigned to rescue all lives on earth. All other sources have failed to control these Lords of Darkness - the responsibility is now yours. You know the risk.

These satans have divided their territory into 8 major stages known as Layers. In each stage, there are many obstacles to stop you from progressing further. It will require all of your talents and skills to kill and destroy every creature you see in every Layer. Your goal is accomplished when the evil is completely eliminated from the underworld.

While your mission is to make it through all 8 Layers of the Underworld, you must also get to The Golden Room and find the key that unlocks the Door that leads you to their leader, Sir Deimos.

But beware. While you goal is to get to Deimos and defeat him, you will face many enemies along the way including his own brother, Minos.

You invade their territory with a secret attack. You’re facing the darkness alone to take revenge for your brother. You have the responsibility to take prevent these ugly creatures from getting to the earth’s surface. The platform for the war will be set when you enter the underworld.

Your mission starts now!

Screen shots are below. I am new so I hope I can provide some content to this community. I will continue the story and even create an X10 story line. But would like to keep the FPSX9 going and will dedicated it to that.

Not only will you get a full PC Video Game with Hunt for Evil release but this will also include a multiplayer map and the video game soundtrack.

Hope everyone enjoys!

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 06:07
Has a Doom feel about it, nice.
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Has a Doom feel about it, nice. "

Thanks man! Going for a creepy look in the game. We are now working on the lighting as it is a bit to light. It will be a bit darker when we are finished. We have the demo almost ready and will be released this weekend.

H4E

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice screenshots. Levels looks full and has good lighting. Looking forward to playing the demo. Like the name of the game to...

TJ

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are a couple of more screenshots:

More picts coming...

Joerock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 03:51
Woah blue arms and pistols XD sweet.
Haha.
Good looking game so far.
I like the texture and the way you place your segments.
Lighting is awesome work to.

Can't wait to see more.
What do you have planned for monsters or enemies i should say?
Humans? since its "Hunt For Evil" and you said Egypt, i thought you would put in like mummies and scarabs and ect.

Hostile Combat.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 04:52
Looks very awesome. Great job!

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@Joerock

Thanks Most mummies and others from Model Pack 17... Than I will create a custom end boss and a few characters... Getting all of the lighting done now as all the levels for this chapter are finished. I will have more pics this weekend followed by the demo.

@AlanC

Thanks man, I am new at this so I am trying to talk my time and do it right.

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
2 New Screenshots:

Joerock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 22:06
Quote: "Thanks Most mummies and others from Model Pack 17... Than I will create a custom end boss and a few characters... Getting all of the lighting done now as all the levels for this chapter are finished. I will have more pics this weekend followed by the demo."

Sweet custom end boss is always awesome, you should do something cool like "set" one of the evil egyptain kings/gods, i think his name is "set".
Model packs are always the good way to go if you don't feel like making models for weeks on end.
I also suggest you use wall torches instead of just placing "Light" markers, makes it look as if the light is just there, plus is makes for a more ancient Egypt feel.

Hostile Combat.
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I also suggest you use wall torches instead of just placing "Light" markers, makes it look as if the light is just there, plus is makes for a more ancient Egypt feel."

I suggested that to him also... I did play the demo and there were torches in the 4th level and they did look sweet. So that being said it did make it feel more Ancient... Overall not a bad demo level and good lighting and level design.

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 17:54
Wow, this looks very good!

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 21:41
Looks good, I'll play.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree as the screens do look good. Seems like there was lots of time spent on lighting and you can tell. Gets some good cutscenes, custom music and level backdrops and you might have yourself a pretty good game.

newkid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 18:41 Edited at: 30th Mar 2008 22:36
Found it!
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone! Glad you like everything so far. We have spend a bunch of time on this game and just getting the finishing touches on it. Here are a couple of more screenshots. More to come!

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, I like the 2nd screenshot that you just posted. Lighting is perfect there. Good Job!

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
A couple of more. Enemy Pics Coming next!

Enjoy!

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice looking gmae Hunt 4 Evil. Can't wait to try it out!
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@Indie PC Games

Thanks man, we were going to release the demo but the game is so close to being finished we will just release that when its ready.

@dumpus and Fruitless CRUNK

Thanks fellow developers. We have been on this game for some time and looking forward for the release. Lighting is now done and we are working on the cutscenes.

More to come...

Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like an AWESOME game (keyword: looks). It is important to remember that while your game looks cool, the story has to be AS good. If you do not wish to change the story, you can say why people want to kill the enemies from underground, such as they created some weapon that threatens the world, or maybe even why the enemies already have weapons, etc. Enough of the negatives, I absolutely love the lighting and the overall visual aspects. Looks great, but could use a better story.
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with Light Samus... Juice up the storyline a bit and you might have yourself a good game. Looking forward to it.

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 19:58 Edited at: 14th Apr 2008 04:39
Hey guys. Here is the full storyline. Please let me know your thoughts...

The year is 2050. You are Captain PJ Kellar, and it’s your job to save the world.

You’ve been sent over to Catacombs of Paris because the underworld has surfaced into the tombs below the earth. And, they are fully armed and loaded. You’ve examined the video from the last crew. With your only brother as captain, the entire crew went into the tombs only to be totally wiped out. The underworld has now adapted some sort of new weaponry. And, they have enough fire power to take out anything that enters the tombs.

According to intelligence from the military, a massive attack on earth will begin soon. If successful, the creatures will take control of the tombs underground and ultimately, the entire planet. Now is the time to destroy the evil powers with a massive hand. You are the hero assigned to rescue all lives on earth. All other sources have failed to control these Lords of Darkness - the responsibility is now yours. You know the risk.

These satans have divided their territory into 8 major stages known as Layers. In each stage, there are many obstacles to stop you from progressing further. It will require all of your talents and skills to kill and destroy every creature you see in every Layer. Your goal is accomplished when the evil is completely eliminated from the underworld.

While your mission is to make it through all 8 Layers of the Underworld, you must also get to The Golden Room and find the key that unlocks the Door that leads you to their leader, Sir Deimos.

But beware. While you goal is to get to Deimos and defeat him, you will face many enemies along the way including his own brother, Minos.

You invade their territory with a secret attack. You’re facing the darkness alone to take revenge for your brother. You have the responsibility to take prevent these ugly creatures from getting to the earth’s surface. The platform for the war will be set when you enter the underworld.

Your mission starts now!

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, not bad at all. That is a ton better. Keep up the good work.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Way better story for the game. Good Job! By the way, love the lighting in the last pic! Keep up the good work man...

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys! I am not the best with storylines but this came out OK... The great thing is the game is coming out perfect and we are putting the finishing touches on the game now and should be ready for release very soon. I will add some more screenshots tonight with some more information... We will also release a multiplayer map with the Hunt For Evil Release. Hope all had a great weekend.

Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
Great job upgrading the story, but some improvements could still be made.

Quote: "The mission is simple. Go and investigate the underground tombs and kill anything that lives."

Come on, although you have changed a few things, we have all heard this AT LEAST 5 times.
Quote: "You have watched the video of the last crew that went in and saw them get totally wiped out."

So the main character and others that saw this video were at a standstill? As soon as it happened, "PJ Kellar" should have been sent. (Common sense)
twitch tweak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 20:52 Edited at: 7th Apr 2008 20:52
i like the story, but one little problem. The character you play is a simple private, I cant really see the military sending in a single green private to erradicate the minions of hell perhaps I higher rank? just a suggestion, but the game looks very, very good nonetheless

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 21:35 Edited at: 8th Apr 2008 22:18
@Light Samus

I agree and thanks for the critique. Will still review and revise. Thanks as I am trying to put together a good storyline and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Check it out now. I have again made changes with much more detail.

@twitch tweak
Thanks for that catch. I made the needed changes and upgraded him to General...

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i like the story, but one little problem. The character you play is a simple private, I cant really see the military sending in a single green private to erradicate the minions of hell perhaps I higher rank? just a suggestion, but the game looks very, very good nonetheless"

I was going to say something about that but didn't want to since I am new... However, once again, screenshots are killer.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 14:39
@ Indie PC Games: Just because you're new doesn't mean you cannot give constructional criticism.
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Indie PC Games: Just because you're new doesn't mean you cannot give constructional criticism. "

I agree... Constuctional Criticism is a good thing and makes peoples creations a ton better. My opinion anyway...

Overall good job on the game... it does look good.

TJ

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Indie PC Games: Just because you're new doesn't mean you cannot give constructional criticism."

I agree with that. Without it or people who can't take it will never improve there work... I do not care how good you are.

New Screens...

Enjoy!

twitch tweak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 04:58
the new screens are great keep it up

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the new screens are great keep it up"

I agree... Storyline is getting better also. Good Job!

Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
Good job, the story is WAY BETTER
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@twitch tweak

Thanks man, I will have a few more up by the weekend... We have worked hard on the lighting and it is starting to look good.

@Indie PC Games and Light Samus

My strong point is not creating a storyline but with the help of the community it is coming along. Thanks guys!

Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
My strong point is not creating a storyline but with the help of the community it is coming along. Thanks guys!"

Actually, I browse around this board just to critique stories to make them more original, it seems that many are doing the "Shoot everyone in your site"

No need to tell me that I have no life.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 21:45
This looks really good.

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@Light Samus

Thanks for your help. You helped my story get better. You have no life LOL All good!

@darimc
Thanks darimc... Its coming along and will be released on time! (I hope)

More coming and thanks for everyones help...

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Actually, I browse around this board just to critique stories to make them more original, it seems that many are doing the "Shoot everyone in your site""

I agree, so keep staying on them and people will adjust as in this instance... The will make the difference between an OK game and the good ones.

TJ

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, I felt real pushed to make it better so I did... Now I can work on finishing the game. All 8 levels are finished and just working on the music and videos for the game...

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
well it is better than it was before that is for sure. I will play this game by what the screenshots look like... Can't wait to see the finished product with the bad guys What weapons will be in the game? Do you own any model packs?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 19:14
The lighting just makes me wanna say yum!

But, you have alot of "high-tech" looking stuff, I mean, ancient Egyptians didn't use metal gantries or other building structures, it was all stone.......

...and the player is occasionally carrying WWII weaponry, I;m sure 190 years into the future, they'll have better guns to save the fate of humanity with.....

Also, generals never go into combat, they are the tactical directives from behid allied lines, how about a captain/commander?

Sorry if I seem quite harsh towards your story, etc, but I just wanna see this play as good as it looks.......

hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 22:34 Edited at: 13th Apr 2008 22:35
@coffee grunt

Thanks for the feedback...

I have changed the date to 2050 so it is only 40 years away so the weapons will fit in better. I also changed the rank to a captian so he can go into battle.

Quote: "But, you have alot of "high-tech" looking stuff, I mean, ancient Egyptians didn't use metal gantries or other building structures, it was all stone......."

Just trying to make the game look good around the stone structures... The metal gantries are in the early levels and as you get deeper into the tombs, there are less high tech and more of just rock and stones...

Quote: "Sorry if I seem quite harsh towards your story, etc, but I just wanna see this play as good as it looks......."

You are not being harsh at all. This allows me to make changes in the storyline and the game itself. I love the suggestions and it will only make this game better when it is finished.

@metalkill
Thanks man, I have a few of the model packs and looking to use Model pack 6 for the weapons and Model Pack 17 for the bad guys including 2 custom bosses (Minos and Deimos)...

More screens coming tonight.

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 01:47
Now that you promised us June, I'm gunna expect June .

Very good, old-school Doom games never die! Keep up the good workd, Looking forward to it's release (in June).

==MeZo

"I hope all of you go straight to heaven so I don't have to deal with you again in hell!"
--MeZoFoRtE
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
@MeZoFoRtE

Thanks man... June it is for sure. Here are a couple of more screens...

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, nice new screens... Come on June! Look forward to palying the game.

Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
Love the new screen shots
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Love the new screen shots"

I agree... Good Job and keep up the good work. Looks very intresting.

TJ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:32:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:32:47