Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / yes, that's right, another WIP! (Silent Destroyer)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 15:14 Edited at: 7th Oct 2008 09:26
From the people who never quite managed to give you such games as "Forgotten", "Mental Snowboarding" and "SuperSpeed" comes...

The all new FPS adventure! [/corny sales pitch]

Ok, this is an FPS where you play as John Hale, an ex-military man who has been recruited by a secret government agency to spearhead it's latest anti-terrorist operation - "Operation Second Flight". The year is 2016. The war on terror is practically over with all the major terrorist cells having been destroyed. The US and UK governments let their guard down. 2017. Out of the rubble of the old large terrorist networks, A new one forms, "Hezcalar", A Cell so big, powerful and wanting revenge that It's first attack, A large bombing on the American capital of Washington D.C, leaves the nations in fear of what might happen next. Operation Second Flight is launched and it is up to you to use stealth, tactics and your weapons to destroy this group.

I currently have the following:

Done and working
Working on
Just an idea/Coming soon
Tried it but not working

Movement
mouselook
Collision
first training level
shooting system
Crosshair
Menu
Second Training Level
Jumping
Gravity
Music
More sounds
Intro video
Cutscenes
Voice acting
and more!

Known Bugs:

You can shoot through walls
The sliding collision Doesn't work on the back wall of the target range. (I know why this is, and i'm fixing it now.)
when you go up stairs, You shrink down until you are just head hight on the floor (because of the collision detection.)

Screenshots:
The main menu (The white circle will have the intro video playing inside it eventually).

Showing the first training level - The target range.

All your objectives are highlighted in blue by your special DID (Digital Information Display).

Demo:
I do have an old demo but it's missing a fair few features so i'm going to wait until I have more levels (The full training stage) until I post it.
Unless alot of people want to see it of course.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 15:37 Edited at: 20th Sep 2008 15:39
I like the graphics, did you make the media yourself? The lighting ain't half bad either. But I'm not too fond of that slanted hud at the top.

Lookin' solid, I'd rather wait until you have a nice large polished demo, in the mean time you should temp us for more screens.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 15:45
thanks, the level was made in 3d world studio, but all the textures are either made by me or free from the internet. All the prop except for the gun (from turbosquid) were made by me. THe lighting is prerendered.
Oh, I forgot to mention Cowbox's huge help in getting collisions to work.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 16:26 Edited at: 20th Sep 2008 16:32
@ blobby 101
Ah that is what the targets were sposed to look like on startup. xD

@ All
And yeh, all that polava I had with the MTM and Vision collision engines meant I was able to pass on my findings to blobby101 to ensure he can progress properly.
One thing that isn't perfect yet is how to do timer-based movement. - I still haven't mastered it, thus can't pass it onto blobby101.
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 16:33
@cowbox, thanks,
Quote: "to bloddy101 to "
lol - Bloddy - I like that yeh, the targets are blue on startup, like you saw them, but the turn normal when shot. I don't know what the problem was but i fixed it anyway
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 08:37
UPDATE:
I'm taking a break from the main story mode of this game to work on the multiplayer modes:

Deathmatch - everyone on everyone else

Shotgun Frenzy - Run around a map with the shotgun. One hit kills.

Killer on the loose - One person fights everyone else (as a team).

Has anyone got any ideas for other multiplayer modes?
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 21:22 Edited at: 7th Oct 2008 09:31
UPDATE:
i've renamed the terrorist group to "Blood for Peace" - that way i can put it into Arabic (الدم للسلام ).

I have got a character model!
It's only temporary, and it's just a re-textured dark matter model, but it works! I have nearly got 1 online multiplayer mode done, so you can expect a demo soon!

hopefully
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 09:37
ok, obviously not much interest, Doesn't matter though, I'm not abandoning this game!
How about more screens?
Will upload a pic of the first multiplayer mode (SHOTGUN!) this afternoon.
Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 22:40
I would like to see more screen shots. That may also help people get intrested in the game.

Check out Urban Soldier:Requiem
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 00:50
@ blobby 101
I agree with Vorg1, the WIP seems to tell us of all these things, but we're only seeing a shooting range and a menu.

(For an example of an excessive number of WIP pictures, see the Vision thread.)
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 09:24 Edited at: 7th Oct 2008 09:28
ok, here ya'all go:

Shotgun Frenzy multiplayer mode:

Map I:

Just going up the steps to the upper level.

The upper room. There is a secret room visible in this shot, can anyone find it?

I'm adding this to the known Bugs, "When you go up the stairs, You shrink down until you are just head hight on the floor (because of the collision detection.)"

EDIT: Cowbox: Well done, That makes 3 shameless plugs for Soharix projects in one thread! Nah, I'm only joking
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 19:22
@ blobby 101
That's better, pics to look at, yay!

By the way, is there a story mode? Or is it just gona be multiplayer?
(Also, where is the secret room? xD)

P.S. I forgot about the other 2 plugs, oh well, I do it on all my posts.
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 20:11 Edited at: 7th Oct 2008 20:12
yep, there is gonna be a story mode and i'm not telling about the secret room until someone finds it

Everyone: started working on the actual first level of the game now. I've decided to name each level as well. The first one will be called "Dropping in". And is set around an Arabic town at night.
You can expect to have to neutralize some Military guards, hide bodies, keep in shadow, avoid being seen and all that kind of stuff.
BTW: killing civilians without authorisation (you will be told when you get that) will result in failing the mission/level.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 21:16
@ blobby 101
Sounds cool, I can't wait till the next showcase/demo
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 18:20
Right, my New PC (Is very late, should've arrived 2 months ago) will be arriving in a months time, This PC is getting so old that i can't run Silent Destroyer at much more than 10 FPS at best (On my friends machine it runs at about 100FPS) and every time I turn it on, it seems that something else breaks (Cd drive, The turn off function and Power supply are all already failing or dead) so i don't want to overwork it any more. Because of that, SD will be on hold until Mid November, It HAS NOT been canceled, just delayed, I promise work will resume as soon as my new machine arrives.
so until then, I won't be posting in this thread.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 19:11
@ blobby 101
Understood.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 07:53:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 07:53:27