Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Vision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:01 Edited at: 12th Jul 2008 04:44

A brief prologue: (Skip this part if you don't care why I made Vision.)
I remember it clearly now, I had finished my essay before everybody in the class... I had nothing else to do. I didn't feel like reading it through and checking for mistakes. So I put my head on the desk and drifted in and out of conciousness for a while.

During one of the drifts, I saw what could only be described as some form of modern art (or an interesting take on a fish) but I knew I saw it to help me, to guide me ... My vision. I quickly drew out what I saw on my hand as I had no paper, and have a really bad memory.

I got home later and drew out what I had seen in MS_Paint, my attempt was the following:

Having it now in a form I could view rather than imagine meant I could analyse it.

I knew from when I had the Vision that it was 3D and was made by me, in Deled LITE. (somehow) So the next logical step was to make it in Deled LITE, exactly as I remembered.
What I saw in my very short dream that day was this:

I then built a game up around it using the engine that Marvin the Magician had used.

I started to devote more and more work to Vision and less to Marvin the Magician. Eventually Vision started growing more advanced than Marvin the Magician.

I canceled MTM on the 21st of February because Vision had excelled.

In more recent times: (For those of you who skipped the prologue, you may continue reading here.)
The wierd artistic fish was taken out of the game and the initial test level was replaced with a fully functional level named the project Vision training centre. This level contained some advanced effects for me (such as my first propper utilization of 3D sound) and some simple but fast AI for the enemies.

The current last level of the latest version of Vision finishes either with a black screen that clearly says in the bottom left that a map is missing and this is the end, or a corridor with the word END at the end of it.

Some really old ingame screenshots of the training centre follow:

The second section in the training centre.

The third section in the training centre.

Near the end of version 0.01 of the demo, just before the target range.

For all the screenshots shown throughout this WIP please visit:
The Vision Gallery

And of course, a WIP wouldn't be complete without a download link so you can play the demo right now:
Vision 0.01.zip (21/02) <Outdated>
Vision 0.02.zip (23/02) <Outdated>
Vision 0.03.zip (02/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.04.zip (02/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.05.zip (09/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.06.zip (11/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.07.zip (14/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.08.zip (16/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.09.zip (23/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.1.zip (24/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.11.zip (29/03) <Outdated>
Vision 0.12.zip (04/04) <Outdated>
Vision 0.13.zip (17/06) <Outdated>
Vision 0.14.zip (19/06) <Outdated>
Vision 0.15.zip (10/07) <Outdated> New host: FileFront
Vision 0.16.zip (12/07) New host: FileFront

If for whatever reason you either can't download from Homestead, don't want to download from Homestead or it is taking too long, you can try our official mirror:
www.geekday.org/Vision.zip
This mirror is not likely to hold the latest version of Vision so Soharix recommends FileFront to everyone.

This was made possible by the following:
Alquerian (for his help with the engine and some of the issues regarding collision)
Mark Morley (for his frustum culling system)
Lost in Thought (for his Dark BASIC Pro port of the frustum culling system)
Paul Johnston (for Sparky's DLL)
Joe Berkley (for providing and helping with textures and testing)
MS_Paint (to create the textures)
Deled LITE (to create the maps and models)
Code Surge (to program it)
DBP (to compile it all)
Dark Physics (to allow all the physics to work properly)
The fans of the MTM WIP thread for allowing me to change WIPs.
Thank you all.

Vision got inspiration from the following sources:
Ratchet and Clank (the gameplay from the PS3 version stood out as something I wanted in Vision)
Crazy Frog-Popcorn (the cartoony feel to the robot and why there is water all over the Vision complex)

Enjoy playing Vision people.

Oh by the way, when you're playing it, you may wish to have your volume turned up a little more than normal, some of the commentary is quite quiet but this will be sorted out in later versions.

Please tell me if the new FileFront download works for everyone.

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:05
Woot! Downloading now.

If it was illegal to be stupid we'd run out of room.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
yay sweet game!!
like it. the mouse control is ennoying but besides that, sweet one

Get DBP stuff here! - (plugins/models/scripts and more!)
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:22
Nice, I really like the colours

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:37 Edited at: 21st Feb 2008 21:37
@ DB PROgrammer
Good good.

@ Sergey K
Yeh people have said since Marvin the Magician that the mouse control has been dodgey, but it can be altered. I will implement a temporary fix for it in the next version.

@ Zotoaster
Yeh, I feel they bring a new light to the game, that other games haven't yet been seen in. But don't worry if it gets repetative, this is just the training centre and is designed to look boring. The real game will be different.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 21:56
Reminds me a lot of Portal. I mean a TON. That's a good thing, I think, but I though you should know. It actually makes me feel like there should be a bunch of physics, though it's just because I've been playing portal recently.

Few things, what kind of health bar will there be, and will you make the mouse sensitivity adjustable? And moreso, those levels were very easy and long. You need to be able to do something that will make the platforming fun.

A good start though, keep working.

BlockVerse-> Old School Beta Demo-> Dream-> Old School-> Guitar Platformer
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 22:03 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 01:13
@ Bizar Guy
Aff, I was hoping no one would notice the Portal connection. Yes it is like Portal, but that is only in the respect that this is just the training centre, the real game will be somewhat different. (And yeh, I was playing Portal when I was designing some of the older levels and things.)

There will eventually be a health bar and when it is at its lowest, you will stop functioning/break/blow up. (Depending on what is killing you.)

The mouse sensitivity will be ajustable like most professional games, in the options menu. (That I have yet to make.)

The levels are very easy, at the moment: the training will get harder towards the end. The sections are just about to get interesting in the respect that well, you just picked up a gun... Next there should be a room filled with drones that you must navigate through.

Also, I should hopefully be able to put some physics in the game as of the 25th when I should be getting Dark Physics. (As well as Milkshape 3D.)

@ Everyone
Just incase any of you are interested in seeing your health, you can press the grav key to bring up the sort of, console-type-thingy. (The key left of 1.)

Next update...
The next update should appear soon. I apreciate that version 0.01 is very limited, but I needed to start the WIP with something. Version 0.02 will include the next section of the training centre, where you get to do some fighting and get introduced to batteries (health) it will also include a placehold GUI. I may also consider a temporary menu just to give the game that feel that says it isn't an example, but a working project.

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 00:18 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 00:21
Quote: "For your own safety and the safety of others..."

Quote: "Reminds me a lot of Portal. I mean a TON."

Nice work so far!
I have some suggestions for you as well.
First of all, I agree with Bizar guy that the test levels are too large. Since you´re only taught the basic controls, I don´t think you need so many large rooms just for that.
You have to catch the player´s interest early or he/she may think it´s boring and maybe even quit playing before you get the gun. I also think the character should walk a little faster too.
The "GLaDOS"-like voice, is kinda weird. Maybe I´m just too used to hear GLaDOS.

You seem to have a nice engine and I like to hear that you´ll be adding physics! The colours are really stylish(it was actually the colours which made me download this game).
Really nice start, keep up the good work!

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 01:35
@ zzz
I guess it could be a little less boring by taking out some of those first challenges. And I noticed the walking slowness, I'll see what I can do. (Baring in mind that walking faster will mean you can jump further and parts of levels may need to be altered.)
The voice, honestly isn't meant to sound like GLaDOS, but that is where the idea comes from. (The other is the Half Life hazard course, but I guess because everyones played Portal recently they forget about Half Life.) But be advised that all the commentary will get redone. - I'm just putting it together to give the right effect (and to keep my focus when I can't be bothered to code or model.)

There should hopefully be physics in the game, but it may not be very much, I don't want it to take over, it is just to give the game that more modern edge so that things like the new half-sized storage crates will become part of things in the game. (E.G. using them to weigh something down or stacking them to reach somewhere, or simply using one from one part of a level as a leg-up in another part.)

And I'm GLaD people like the colours.

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 02:08 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 02:09
I like what you're doing with this project so far. I also felt that the 3d sound was a nice touch.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how I never noticed MTM..

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 03:11
@ Profit
Hehe, thanks. A possible reason for not noticing it may have been that in terms of sucessful WIPs like "Pirates of Port Royal" or "TGC Heroes", it wasn't actually up for that long.

But that doesn't matter now... it is just there now as a comparison for Vision.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 04:30
nice start, cowbox. the 3d sound is slick

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 18:40 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 15:30
Version 0.02 (23/02 build)

As promised, I have the new version of Vision for you all.

This version includes:
Re-recorded commentary.
The next section with commentary.
A redone laser that now can't go through walls.
A main menu. (But only Training centre and Quit work so far.)
A shortened introduction to the storage cubes.
A HUD.
Lithium health batteries.

The next version should include:
Faster walking. (With remodeled map to make them still fun with the new walk.)
Subtitles because I apreciate that the commentary is done with an english accent and it might be hard for some people to understand.
The Options menu allowing you to change the mouse sensitivity.
Obviously, more sections.

As usual, Vision can still be downloaded from here:
Vision 0.02.zip

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 19:21
I'm indeed very impressed! Vision does indeed seem more interesting than MTM!

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 19:26

Thats good to hear. Because that is my goal, I want to make people forget MTM and move onto Vision.

(Vision also has a deeper story line, well infact, it has A story line, MTM didn't. But this story line wont be revealed until the actual game is made, for the moment I'm just implementing all the techniques and functions that would make the game, into the training centre.)

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 21:12
Much better training course! It had the right amount of platforms and enemies. One thing I noticed was that only one enemy went after the player at a time. You're probably aware of that though. And a minor detail that is probably just my OCD more than anything else is that the laser beam didn't come out exactly where it should on the gun.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 21:42
@ Dr Manette
Yeh I know that only one enemy follows you at a time, I don't know how to get over that problem.

But the laser beam?
I thought I'd positioned it OK. It's close enough.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 21:59
Yes, much better. The levels weren't tedious, and the voice works. I notice you're not American. In America.

About the laser, I really like having it, but it's ridiculously hard to use most of the time. You can tell the movement isn't made for it. I recommend having the laser have an activation switch which makes you equip it, and while it's equipped the movement changes, so that the character is always facing the same way as the camera, up makes you go forwards, down makes you move backwards, and left and right make you starf. That's how mass effect switches from attack mode to movement, and it works pretty well. That way, when the gun isn't out, the left mouse could be used for interaction, if you have any plans for that.

BlockVerse-> Old School Beta Demo-> Dream-> Old School-> Guitar Platformer
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 23:31 Edited at: 5th May 2008 18:10
@ Bizar Guy
Well, I didn't understand that last comment, but to clarify to people, I am English, and live in England.

I will see what I can do about the mouse movement and laser; I do feel it needs work as it is hard to use. I like the idea of having it strafing when with the laser out, but I don't know how easy that will be to implement into my character... you see, the character isn't animated. - I have no animation software and I can't personally animate, nor do I have anyone to animate for me. So the character is build up of 5 different objects: the torso, the bit that actually moves and collides and the limbs, which simply rotate, to present the illusion of animation. So, if I want to make it strafe, I don't really know how to rotate them so they still move correctly and still look like they are attatched.

Any thoughts anyone?

Also, so that people don't get any ideas, all interaction with objects will be done by the character. There will be no interaction from the camera drone because that is just issued by the Visionary training centre so you, the operator, are able to control the radio-controled robot through the game.

Interaction from the player should be similar to that of the Quake and Half Life engines, where there are very visible and obvious buttons to press or use.

I hope this all clarifies some more information. (It also reveals some of the story. - In that you aren't the robot, you are an operator, controling the robot throughout the game. Also to add more depth to the story, there will be people in the game that will talk to the robot as if it were you, the operator.)

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 23:51
Played. Loved. Played again. Loved.
Quote: "In that you aren't the robot, you are an operator, controling the robot throughout the game."

Hmm, sneaky.

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:08
Nice job so far, I like the style .

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:35

I'm GLaD the game meets everyones aproval.

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 05:26
Quote: "I'm GLaD the game meets everyones aproval. "

Heh... GLaD...

Now you've got me curious as how playing as the operator and not actually as the robot will pan out. Don't worry about my comment on the lazers' position, it's not problem, just a little thing that bothered me, and probably only me. I do agree that the laser is difficult to use, though. I found it was easier if I was above the robot as opposed to behind him.

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 12:06 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 12:10
Very nice work C0wbox. Very nice indeed. Four things though.

One, more sounds. Walking sound, shoting sound, sound when the player jump down in the water, maybe the robots can talk (like the turrets in Portal) etc. It would give the game more depth and make it feel more alive.

Two, better aiming system. Sometimes it was quite hard to aim because I always had to use the movement keys to aim another direction. This could be done like in the old game Outcast, where you start aiming by pressing the right mouse button and then you will aim in the direction of the camera, but otherwise, you move very much like in this game.

Three, if you haven´t done it and I missed it it would be good to make so when you reach the ending you can press an button or something like that so the level ends, that voice congratulates you, and then you get returned to the main menu.

Four, menu buttons that light up when you move your mouse over it. Not that important, but would still be nice and can be done fairly easy (have coded buttons a couple of times).

EDIT:

Do not think I do not like this game because of the point above, I really like it and just want to help to make it better. Keep up the good work!

Darkness, you haunt me. If I give in, I would be an monster beyond imagining. Light, you guide me. Thanks to you, I see past the nothingness. Life, I choose to live in the light.
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 13:10
One thing I noticed was that all of the ground was exactly the same color, with no shading or anything, which made looking down from raised platforms difficult: I didn't know where one ledge ended and the floor began.

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 13:17 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 11:00
@ Dr Manette
There will definately be answers to how the operator plays out, it will all be revealed in the actual game. (I've thought this game out quite well I think.)

@ Mr Z
1. There will be more sounds, I was hoping to stick some in the next version. There should be: jumping, water splashing, laser. And possibley drone sounds and walking.

2. I will be working on the above discussed aiming system where when you have the gun out, you will aim more like an FPS. (But from behind.)

3. There will eventually be something at the end of the training centre, it is just a placehold end at the moment. I thought I'd make it obvious for everyone however, by modeling a large END on the last wall.

4. Yeh I should be able to do some menu stuff at some point, but thats not really a top priority at the moment: I want to keep spilling out the good stuff, like levels and features.

And don't worry, I know you liked it, I always take critisism as it should be taken.

@ Insert Name Here
Yeh there will be better textures for the ground and walls eventually, and I do apreciate there is poor lighting/shading in the game. This is due to the fact that the game had to be entirely scaled down by 10% (meaning everything is 10% smaller) because of a collision problem eminating outside X=2000 & Z=2000, so to ensure I never reach beyond those coordinates, I scaled it and made everything fit again. It is just the lighting that doesn't because, well... can you scale lights?

cyril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 15:28
Quote: "well... can you scale lights?"

1) yes, use the set light range command.
2) nice demo, it ran smoothly on my laptop
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 16:56
@ cyril
1. Oh, ok, I'll take a look into that.
2. Good good.

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds very good C0wbox. And just so you know, the training level was really good. It was only that it would be good with something like the thing I described so there is an real gameplay end of it, but I guess you will add that later. Very good job. Like the design of the robot you play .

But one last thing. Underwater does not feel really underwater. Would be good if the camera saw a bit more blue or something while under water.

Darkness, you haunt me. If I give in, I would be an monster beyond imagining. Light, you guide me. Thanks to you, I see past the nothingness. Life, I choose to live in the light.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 17:56
@ Mr Z
Yeh the water effect needs work, I know that. Originally it was going to use a shader and some fog, but that is just far too laggy, but for the moment it will do.

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 18:03 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 18:16
Saw an good example about water effects and 3rd person games, but do not remember where to find it. It was an game where you ran around and killed stuff and should avoid getting killed and the underwater part was really good.

EDIT:

I do remember that the game was non-media (everything was generated in the code, no models or textures was imported) and the water effect did not use any shaders at all (I think).

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 00:28
Hmm, well, water isn't a top concern at the moment. For the moment I'll be looking into Dark Physics, which I now have and should be able to use in Vision. (Then I'll attempt to work out how to use Milkshape 3D.)

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 00:59
the laser wasn't bad if you were moving forward while firing as that would let you turn and sweep it across your target.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 01:33

Nevertheless, it is hard to play it like that, because people are acustomed to using it like an FPS, where you just have to move the mouse and look around.

So I will have it so your Y angle is that of the camera when you have a gun out.

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to hear you may add some physics. Because I really like physics . But just so you know, this game would be awsome even without .

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 09:13 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 09:14
@ Mr Z
I'm GLaD you think so.

A word of warning to fans:
Due to the fact I'll be attempting to learn a bit of Dark Physics, I'm going to slow the update rate after Version 0.03. (Version 0.03 is on its way though and should be ready soon.)

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 21:12
Quote: "Due to the fact I'll be attempting to learn a bit of Dark Physics, I'm going to slow the update rate after Version 0.03. (Version 0.03 is on its way though and should be ready soon.)
"

I'm sure we won't mind.

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
If you need any help with something, I would gladly help. Was some time ago I used Dark Physics, but I remember how to do some things. And just so you know, to keep you from becoming dependent on others as with MTM, if you ask, I can write tutorials for you of the stuff I know (like how to create jedi-like force powers ), and not write peaces of code for you.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 23:24
Well the Dark Physics element isn't really to make fancy effects, it is just to give it some realism. So all I really need to know is how to make dynamic boxes that react with the static map. (And well, I could do that with the ODE physics plugin for DBP 5.9. - So it shouldn't be very hard.)

Thanks for the offer though

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem. Good luck.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 18:37 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 22:38
@ Mr Z or anyone else who has experience in Dark Physics
I am currently nearly on my way to putting the Physics in Vision: I have all the commands worked out and how to do it etc... But there is just one problem I am having.

I made a thread on the Dark Physics board but no one has replied in a while, so to speed up the reaction I thought I'd redirect people from here too.

Please follow this link if you can help:
Dark Physics: Simple, in theory: odd, in practice

EDIT:
Well, I sorted that out, now to place the project Vision empty storage crates around the level.
Here is a screenshot just to show you all that our little robot will be able to play with boxes:

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad you solved it .

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 11:50
You should make it so when he shoots it with the gun it effects it.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 12:01
@ DB PROgrammer
Lol. I just started, lets not get complicated now.

And besides, its only a laser.

@ Everyone
I should hopefully be releasing version 0.03 soon. This version isn't really any more actual game, but it has more things in it, like the physics and the menu etc. (So basically it is a more complete version of 0.02.)

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 12:11 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 15:29
Version 0.03 (02/03 build)

At last, the physics is here and being utilized by the game's engine.

This version includes:
The physics (obviously).
Jump and splash sounds.
A fixed bug in the map that I bet no one noticed.
A menu with hightlighty buttons.

Later versions should include:
Subtitles.
The Options menu allowing you to change the mouse sensitivity.
More sections.

As usual, Vision can still be downloaded from here:
Vision 0.03.zip

Here are some screenshots of the latest version:

The magical lighty-upy-menu.

The blue storage crates are empty. These are therfore the ones that can be moved around by the robot.

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 12:21 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 12:32
Well, I'm downloading it now.

Quote: "Lol. I just started, lets not get complicated now. "

Never used DarkPhysics. Oh well, go ahead and get not complicated

Edit:

I liked the Physics. I had one problem though, when you enter the room that you first encounter the boxs in I got the the second part of it, the part where you need to use the boxs to get up. What are you supposed to do if somehow you might happen to push all the boxs of the ledge?

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 12:53
I have to ask: Because the robot is viewed form a drone, which can be very loosely described as character, is Vision a Second-Person Shooter?

Oooh, Physics. (Downloading now)

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice. But I personally think the jump and splash sounds could be better . But they are better then nothing. Anyway, good work. I managed to use the physics against the enemys. If you push an crate in front of you, the drones that get in the way will be pushed by it, so you get an shield of some sort. However, I wish there where more pushable, blue cubes (espessially at the end of the level, where there are only orange ones).

And it is nice to have an highlighted menu. Next step is to add some sort of sound system to it (when the mouse is drawn over for the first time, or an button is clicked). But still, good work.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 13:59 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 14:14
@ DB PROgrammer
I did notice that could be a problem so I will think about it.

I have updated version 0.03 to accomodate this problem, by sticking a block at the edge to stop the blue crates falling off.

@ Insert Name Here
I guess it could be a second person shooter, because when an NPC in the game talks to you, he will talk to the camera drone, not the robot because he knows you are looking through the camera drone.

@ Mr Z
I know the sounds suck. I don't live in a recording studio.
There will also be more blue boxes, as that is not the end of the level, that is just where I stopped making it.

Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 14:58 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 15:01
Lol, ok. And no problem, you will propobly find better sounds one day. And it´s better with them then without them . Do not take it personal, I just like this project so much I like to help by pointing out stuff. Really, really like it!

EDIT:

So the level will be longer? Nice. Just know that it lagged a bit for me once or twise or more times. Do not know why, may be Vista, may be ageia or something else.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:06:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:06:23