Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Net - Unexpected Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 23:05 Edited at: 30th May 2009 23:27
This nifty box pops up and says:

So I press Yes and my program goes away boo hoo!

Now i've narrowed it down to these 2 functions, 1 on the client and 1 on the server, if the server never sends this packet the error never comes up, if the client does comments out the function the error never comes up, here they are:
client: (im talking about the last If statement here the one about change npc rotation)

Server:

"Sent!" Gets printed into the console a few times, then the client gets the error..

I don't get what the deal is..I can send single TCP messages but I want to use UDP so yea..

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 01:16 Edited at: 31st May 2009 01:31
The problem is on the server side. Here is a screenshot from the PDF (DarkNet General Information.pdf) which explains what you are doing wrong. Your UDP packets include the operation ID and then the client ID, it should be the other way around. You should also check that the maximum number of operations used with mnStartServer is correct. Operation IDs must be in the range 0 to one less than the maximum number of operations. This all assumes that you are in UDP mode 2 (per client, per operation).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 01:45
Okay, I have it set up correctly now but in my client code, the if statement for OP_CHANGE_NPC_ROTATION never gets used even after the server has sent and there is no error.

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 04:42
Mike P. if you don't mind i'm going to add you to msn so we can talk about things I would rather not on here about my functions and such. =]

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 19:45 Edited at: 31st May 2009 19:46
I'm not on MSN much, so you might be better off emailing me . Are you sure that it is actually sending and not being received? Use break points to check this. I can't tell you what the problem is without seeing more of your code.

You might be able to work it out. Here is a simple demo showing how to use the 'per client, per operation' UDP mode:

Server

Client

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 07:15:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 07:15:09