Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Working with v1082 template guide and the templates I created

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 21:21 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 21:52
Quote: "Inside the new project folder, you will find all the files that support the compiling of the AppGameKit Player."

This only applies for the Windows interpreter file. The interpreter.h and interpreter.cpp files are missing in all the other interpreter directories.

Quote: "* Delete all files that begin with "AGKCommands"
* Delete the scraper folder
* Delete "interpreter.png"
* Delete the above files from the project files list as well
* Replace "interpreter.ico" with your own ICO file"

Again, applies only to Windows. None of the mentioned files exist in the other interpreter directories.

I copied the IDE/apps/interpreter/interpreter.h and .cpp files to my template project and renamed them template.h and template.cpp (and made the appropriate changes in CoreForApp.h).

It was good to see that the new iOS Core.m supports the agk::Resumed() command. And it actually works! (I can now remove my fixes to add this action.)

It is also good to see that the UntitledViewController.m added this function call in the dealloc function: agk::CleanUp();

The Xcode project now has the 'Initial Interface orientation' setting in the TARGETS:Info page. This is good because it means it is no longer necessary to edit the <proj>-Info.plist file manually to add it.

It should be noted that the UntitledViewController.m added this command in the awakeFromNib method: agk::SetOrientationAllowed(1,1,1,1);

This is probably a command that may need to be altered if you have an app that can only run in one orientation (landscape or portrait). Or, as in my case, exactly one orientation. The template is set up to allow only landscape and to start in LandscapeRight to demonstrate this. It works in iOS 5.1, but not iOS 6.0. This is because iOS 6 handles orientation changes differently (Impetus73 found the quote about that) and AppGameKit needs to implement 'supportedInterfaceOrientations' in the UntitledViewController.m file.

The default compiler in the xcode4 template was 'LLVM GCC 4.2'. I switched it to 'Default compiler(Apple LLVM compiler 4.1)'

I was able to create an xcode4 template but running it didn't quite work. A simple agk:rint("Hello World!"); in the main loop didn't do anything except produce a black blank screen. Then I remembered to add the agk::Sync() call, and it worked. The template is set up to demonstrate this.

I tested it in the 4.3, 5.0 and 5.2 iPhone simulators and on both my devices (iOS 5.1 iPod Touch, iOS 6.0 iPad 2) and it worked in all. It did not work in the 6.0 Simulator. The app immediately ended (as far as Xcode was concerned) and the simulator was left with a blank black screen. I tried with the iOS Deployment Target set to 4.3 (my default) and 6.0 and it wouldn't work. But I think there is an issue with the 6.0 simulators.

Granted it doesn't use anything useful, but the core project builds and runs.

You will need to change the Code Signing entries before the template will build for you.

EDIT: I'm going to work on the basic player for iOS and then the T2 template for Windows.

The attached file is a T2 iOS template.

EDIT (14:45 US East Coast): I've updated the template and it now has the supportedInterfaceOrientations method (as described in the Apple developer's help). I also added the preferredInterfaceOrientationForPresentation method. Both are set to do Landscape Left and the template.cpp file sets up for that. The app running on iOS 5.1 will rotate to the other landscape and it returns to the initial landscape left when you open some other app and then go back to the template. In iOS 6.0, it sort of rotates, the text looks like it thinks it's in landscape and the "We are back!" message pops up in the correct orientation. But it appears that there is a basic issue of making the display actually rotate for iOS 6.0 with v1082. It works properly for v1076.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I took the Windows Interpreter and tried to compile it AS IS in VS2010.

It did NOT work!!!

Got around 120 linker errors pointing to admob and fb.

anyone had better luck?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 22:41
I was able to open/convert the windows interpreter solution in VS Express 2010. But it would not compile due to missing headers (atlstr.h and atlimage.h). Commenting the includes out did not fix it.

Now I'll see if I can build a proper VS Tier 2 template.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You are getting those 2 file errors (atlstr.h and atlimage.h) because you are using the express version of VS.

I am using VS2010 and still get 120 link errors!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 23:37 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 23:45
I created a vs2010 express project and did a lot of settings based on the one that works for v1076. And I edited the files as appropriate.

I removed the include for "atlimage.h" in my edited Core.cpp and was able to compile.

And ended up with 111 unresolved externals. This is the complete list:

As you can see they are all in the AGKWindows.lib (and I tried both versions in the platform\windows\Lib directory, the Release and the VS2010\Release). And all of the missing things are AppGameKit specific things related to the new features.

Clearly something is missing.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
same problem here, as reported before.

i have around 120 similar link errors, all AGKWindows.lib
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
so do we have to wait for another beta or 2 to get a working T2 AppGameKit, or do we have to email TGC en masse so maybe they can release a working template?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 23:25
Looks like it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 23:41 Edited at: 11th Oct 2012 23:42
I didn't even bother trying to mess with beta 2. Looks like a waste of time to mess with it. If its broke don't attempt to fix it. I just take your guys word that tier 2 does not work. Maybe, beta 3 will have better results.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 01:05
Tier 2 for iOS works.

Tier 2 for Windows does not work.

I haven't tried for Mac and Android.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 09:32
I'll contact Lee this morning.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 11:44 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 11:44
Thanks Baxslash you
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:09
Well I had to give the Windows interpreter a shot myself and...it ended in the same way as yours AL. Maybe beta 3 will work, third time's the charm.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 02:43
I just tested and got working T2 iOS but too many LIB are required to get it run... why?
if i don't wanna use Twitter it say me i need in the linker.
And this for all the others new in the agkLib.

In this way the file will come very big...
Ancient Lady have you also added the :
- MessageUI
- SystemConfiguration
- StoreKit
- libOAuth
- libGoogleAd

Are they needed to run a project?

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 03:54
Quote: "Ancient Lady have you also added the"

I'm not sure what you mean? I did not add any libraries to anything.

The most recent v1082 Beta (updated on the products page on 10-Oct) had the last two libraries in it (or the projects pointed to the correct place).

I didn't see the basic template or player needing the first three you list.

If the agk library has calls to things in other libraries, even if you don't use them, then the other libraries need to be linked in.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 18:27 Edited at: 15th Oct 2012 18:44
Yes, i think is in this way.
After i linked the 108 it fire me some .o error.
They are solved only if you add all the frameworks and libs i described before.
I will try the new LIB 10 Oct thx Ancient Lady!

Edit: Yes the 108 i had installed was the last.

Please TGC can you make not required some internal calls?

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:15:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:15:36