Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [LOCKED] The chalenge!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 17:46
Can you make a game? are you good at it?

Right, each week I will set you a small chalenge, all goodmini games will be wrapped up, and spat back out into one massive game! Like it?

Yes?

Chalenge 1: Make a mini game about food. (eg. Throw the custard pies into a massive mouth!)

Thanks,
GOOD LUCK!

Game Admin!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Im in A race With 5 People And I'm in third, I over Take 2nd, In what position am I? (Email me for the Answer!)
Mac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 19:34
Funny how history repeats itself so frequently.

/\/\@<
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 19:46
heh is media allowed?

Theme park simulator wip boards

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 19:47 Edited at: 17th May 2006 19:48
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48011&b=1

Those challenges will not be spit out into one big game... But still.

-The Nerd

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 19:50
nop, how about you make the mini games and then compile them into one massive game, just to show you can do it..... may 14th 2006 joining date, proove yourself or you'll just get ripped on for posting silly ideas, this happens all the time with new members joining our beloved forum. you cant just waltz in here and expect to be taken seriously when you have nothing of your own to show off, impress us and we might take you seriously.

this is the natural way of things around here, You'll get help if you need it, but don't try to wrap up other peoples code into a big game just yet, you ain't been here long enough. and nobody knows who you ere. technically you will be seen as a n00b for posting things like this, not a newbie, a n00b.

normally you'd get roasted for this kind of post, with a bit of luck you'll get away with a mild scorching. proove yourself first, thats the key then you'll do well here.

incidently, the forumers including myself can become a pack of wolves in no time if outlandish claims or suggestions for 'team games and collaberations are incited by those we dont know and who have nothing to bring to the party, your code will speak louder than words here.

I'm not being nasty here, just telling you how it is, you'll need a thick skin m8.

cheers, Grant.

Ohd Chinese Ploverb say : Wise Eskimo, not eat yerrow snow.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 20:52
Yes, make a game first. We're waiting.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 21:29
I'm staying with Rics challenge thread. It passed already 90 pages, so I think it's not lacking popularity

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2006 22:07
Its also over 1 year old

[center]
Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 17:25
Quote: "I'm staying with Rics challenge thread. It passed already 90 pages, so I think it's not lacking popularity "

Yes, however, no one is on there anymore...

Quote: "heh is media allowed?"

Yes

Im in A race With 5 People And I'm in third, I over Take 2nd, In what position am I? (Email me for the Answer!)
Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 17:29
Quote: "nop, how about you make the mini games and then compile them into one massive game, just to show you can do it..... may 14th 2006 joining date, proove yourself or you'll just get ripped on for posting silly ideas, this happens all the time with new members joining our beloved forum. you cant just waltz in here and expect to be taken seriously when you have nothing of your own to show off, impress us and we might take you seriously.

this is the natural way of things around here, You'll get help if you need it, but don't try to wrap up other peoples code into a big game just yet, you ain't been here long enough. and nobody knows who you ere. technically you will be seen as a n00b for posting things like this, not a newbie, a n00b.

normally you'd get roasted for this kind of post, with a bit of luck you'll get away with a mild scorching. proove yourself first, thats the key then you'll do well here.

incidently, the forumers including myself can become a pack of wolves in no time if outlandish claims or suggestions for 'team games and collaberations are incited by those we dont know and who have nothing to bring to the party, your code will speak louder than words here.

I'm not being nasty here, just telling you how it is, you'll need a thick skin m8.

cheers, Grant.
"

I only just joined the game creators but... have had darkbasic & pro, and most of the other gaming systems... I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!(my first gaming system was Dark BASIC purchased in 2000)

Oh... Belive it or not... Im only 10 Years old... AND have my game in a shop! Ha!

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 17:31
This Was a anippit of code from my other account (that got banned)

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 19:13
whops my bad... here it is... (hopefuly)

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 20:48 Edited at: 18th May 2006 20:59
btw game admin, the asnwer to your moronic riddle is 2nd. It's really not hard.

I wonder why your other account got banned

Quote: "Oh... Belive it or not... Im only 10 Years old... AND have my game in a shop! Ha!"

Well share a few screenshots with the community.

And i hope you realise that starting a new account after your previous one ot barred could perhaps be taken as a form of fraud.

Cwatson
BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 20:50
Quote: "
I only just joined the game creators but... have had darkbasic & pro, and most of the other gaming systems... I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!(my first gaming system was Dark BASIC purchased in 2000)

Oh... Belive it or not... Im only 10 Years old... AND have my game in a shop! Ha!
"

so you were 4 when you bought it???

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 21:00
Quote: "Oh... Belive it or not... Im only 10 Years old... AND have my game in a shop! Ha!"

Umm... can we have a download of that game?

Quote: "so you were 4 when you bought it???"

Haha! Owned.

Come see the WIP!
Gre4t
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, I find it amusing how you refer the DarkBasic as a gaming 'system'. In a sense, it could be considered that, but really, it just sounds.. stupid.
tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 21:10
I've always thought of it more as a programming laguage, but maybe that's where im going wrong. Funny how after 2 years of college i stil havent sold a game and he managed it in elementary.

I think we should sticky this thread like hanging a dead carcas from ropes as a warning to rebellious prioners.

Cwatson
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 21:12 Edited at: 18th May 2006 21:39
whats the name of your game, so i can pop along to game or HMV or whatever and buy a copy, i'd be interested to see what a 10 year old has made, if its of commercial quality. what was it written with?? if it was a TGC product, why don't you have a demo of it on the forum for us to look at, come to think of it, a published games writer is bound to have a website of sorts, what's the URL?

In fact just give me the name and i'll google it, if it's for sale, chances are someone has reviewed it and i'll find it with google no problem

what i am saying here is, just show us something to proove what you claim. all to often kids make up some amazing stories in here about claims to fame and publishing deals.

PS. DONT SHOUT AT ME AGAIN!!!! (using caps is shouting and frowned upon.)

Ohd Chinese Ploverb say : Wise Eskimo, not eat yerrow snow.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 21:26
Quote: "I think we should sticky this thread like hanging a dead carcas from ropes as a warning to rebellious prioners."

Haha!

Come see the WIP!
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 23:37
RE the challenges thread:
Quote: "Yes, however, no one is on there anymore... "

Really?! Are you sure? Me thinks you're dribbling from your rear...

[center]
Bahamut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 23:43
Quote: "Im only 10 Years old"

Now there's a surprise....

Seriously, though, why advertise that your games in the shops, yet you don't live us a link, or even the name. Unless of course your lyi...Nah, no-one would be that immature....

IceBound -No, really-We're quite good.
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:08
why break tha AUP by telling us his age (especially as he/she is a minor)...

[center]
tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:10
How clever of you to figure that out bahamut, now can we drop it cuz this threads dead

Cwatson
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:27
Quote: "Oh... Belive it or not... Im only 10 Years old... AND have my game in a shop! Ha!
"

Dropping a CD with your Hello World program on it on the floor of EB or whatever gaming store does not constitute having your game in a shop. Unless of course youtr selling it as a coaster
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:54
Quote: "code from my other account (that got banned)"

I think this is all that really matters right now.

BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:56
Quote: "

Dropping a CD with your Hello World program on it on the floor of EB or whatever gaming store does not constitute having your game in a shop. Unless of course youtr selling it as a coaster
"

was going to ssay sumthing bit liek that, beat me to it LMAO

Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:57
let it die ffs!

[center]
BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:59
never
BREATHE GOD DAMN IT - dont you quit on me now

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 01:08
Ahm, BENOJ?

Quote: " let it die ffs!"

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:30
yea!

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:33
No. No downloads availible! You'll have to buy it!

HA!

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:36
Quote: "whats the name of your game, so i can pop along to game or HMV or whatever and buy a copy, i'd be interested to see what a 10 year old has made, if its of commercial quality. what was it written with?? if it was a TGC product, why don't you have a demo of it on the forum for us to look at, come to think of it, a published games writer is bound to have a website of sorts, what's the URL?

In fact just give me the name and i'll google it, if it's for sale, chances are someone has reviewed it and i'll find it with google no problem

what i am saying here is, just show us something to proove what you claim. all to often kids make up some amazing stories in here about claims to fame and publishing deals.

PS. DONT SHOUT AT ME AGAIN!!!! (using caps is shouting and frowned upon.)
"

Right the game is called, Killing and winnin', its not in HMV so look elsewhere try WHSmith.

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:37
P.s. I do whatever I want im 10, i have a game ina shop... ha.... You dont! Im smart ain't I!

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:46
I dont sponser Google so... its not on there the game has yet to come out!

Out: 21.05.06
Proper time it out: 01.06.06

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:50
Soz... Forgot to mention I live in America

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 17:50
soz... for all the post above...

Gre4t
Years of Service
User Offline
You don't 'sponsor' Google? Do you have the slightest idea what you're talking about? Besides, if you really had a game, you'd want it everywhere - It'd be on Google.

Also, you're saying it's not on the shelves now?
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 18:45
This is so stupid. It will do absolutely no good to argue with the kid. He's 10. Need I say more?

Just let this insanity die. We all know it's bogus beyond all mortal belief. Anyone that attempts to bust this kid out is just restating what we all know.

Come see the WIP!
Gre4t
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess you're right
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 18:54
Think I gotta change my avatar before people confuse me with this bonehead.

p.s Game Admin, it's in man's nature to lie, but damn it a least put some work into the lie to make it somewhat believable
that dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 19:57
if he wanted to prove himself, he could have at least told us where he got his media... if he knows what that is.

"Damn your eyes!"
"Too late"
BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 20:42 Edited at: 19th May 2006 20:47
<Never mind>

BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 20:45 Edited at: 19th May 2006 20:47
this is such BS just happens to be in a place where we cant reach it, and is wh smiths even a shop in the USA?

what label is it published under, may be its on their site

BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 20:46 Edited at: 19th May 2006 20:46
<oops sorry double post>

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 22:48
Quote: "im 10"

Believe us, we dont doubt that at all.

Now then, ofcourse you could be telling the truth about your game nobody's heard of being sold in a store nobodys heard of, in a place nobody here can see, however, without any screen shots, demos, information, or even a damn picture of the game on the shelf in the store, your word on these forums is worth jack, which is then multiplied even more by the stupidity of you're 10 posts in a row within the timespan of 5 minutes.

So, to sum up;

1. Stop acting like a moron, if you want to brag about an imaginary game, show some proof (impossible, aint it? )

2. Learn to use the damn edit button, or leave the forums.

3. Dont try to use other people's ideas to up your already horrible reputation on these forums.

4. And finally, dont assume we give a poop about your age, you'll find a tonne of the programmers on here started before 10. Really, we dont care.

You may very well be 10 years old, and this could be your first time using a forum, but thats no excuse to act like a jackass.

Right, rant done.
- RUC'

BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 22:52
btw rucces i keep trying to go on ruccus.not ( from your sig) doesnt seem to work, is it a site or is it just random sig?

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 23:06
Its down, not had time to set it back up again.

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 14:43
No, im telling the truth and its out TOMMOROW!

Admin 7737
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 14:44
You HAVE to 'sponser' google to get a website up on their search.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 14:47 Edited at: 20th May 2006 16:26
Quote: "AND have my game in a shop! Ha!"

Quote: "P.s. I do whatever I want im ??, i have a game ina shop... ha.... You dont! Im smart ain't I!"

Quote: "No, im telling the truth and its out TOMMOROW! "

So first you have it in a shop and now it's out tommorow? Yeah right

By the way, you do realize that there's an edit button... Right? And did you also realize that you're not allowed to post your age if you are a minor? Whatever... Your age has been quoted anough times anyway.

I would like to see a lock

-The Nerd

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-24 12:59:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-24 12:59:59