Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] What is an FPSC game worth

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 22:38 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 22:40
Quote: "Quote: "In the same price range there isn't any thing close to what FPSC supply's including media....?Get realistic."

We're not talking media, we're talking engines and if you have both of those you SHOULD know how much better they are then FPSC.

Next thing you're going to say FPSC is better then DBPro?"

With the current lightmapper 3D gamestudio standard edition have you should know that dynamic and static objects do not cast shadows it doesn't even have ANY shaders it's so severly crippled that it doesn't even allow terrians.Yet FPSC can support all of the above.Torque as stand alone engine requires you to buy addons pretty much like you would buy for DarkBasicPro.

Quote: "Next thing you're going to say FPSC is better then DBPro"
You know as well as I do that FPSC was writen in DBPro so it can't be better...

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 22:45
Quote: "I'm sorry to say so but the statements are getting more and more absurd. I only have to look at the Torque engine and 3D GameStudio A6 to know that your statement is far from the truth."

I don't know too much abot A6 but I know that Torque starts out at around $150 USD and you just don't point and click your way to glory with it.And while Torque may be great for making an FPS that is not specifically what it is designed for.
You're comparing apples with oranges there.
And this discussion isn't about who has the best engine or what the problems are with FPSC...it's about how much you would buy and/or sell an FPSC game for.
At any rate this thread has went downhill and I see no sense in continuing this argument any longer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:31:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:31:25