Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V1.05 RC2 getting closer

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 00:32
Great that you guys sorted out the MP issue yourselves Can someone create one or two FAQ questions and answers in relation to this subject for the benefit of future users. I will put it in the latest readme and eventually the new version of the FPSC help. Here is what I have right now:

Multiplayer
-----------
QG01> Sometimes, when I build a multiplayer game, the IP is blank and I cannot host/join a multiplayer game?
AG01> Open up the SETUP.INI file associated with the game, and ensure the field reads MULTIPLAYERGAME=1

QG02> I have created my arena game but when I try to host a game, all my friends say they see waiting to join and stays there?
AG02> This is because your game server is being blocked. if you have a firewall, ensure it is not blocking the game executable, and that it has full permission for inbound and outbound communication. Another likely cause is that your router is blocking the game, hiding the game server from the internet. In this case you must configure your router using the Port Forwarding features of the device. Set the router to allow communication to your local IP address (usually 192.168.0.XXX) where XXX is the ID of the local machine, and specify port 2303 which is the UDP communication port for the game server. You can further determine port activity by using port forwarding detection tools to configure the port for you (such as http://www.soft32.com/download_123463.html).

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 04:49
Well in this case it appeared to be the router. I pulled out my wireless and replaced it with a wired one, and everything was fine. So I've shot off an email to Linksys about the issue to see what's in the wireless that is blocking connections and the wired is lacking. I'll post once I know what the deal is hopefully it'll save someone else a lot of frustrating reformats and upgrades and annoying posts to the forum. lol

Stupid people are like Slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down stairs. And some times you need to give them a push.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:53