Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlueIDE v2.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 00:09
And that was in 2003. Granted .Net was out then but Robert Knight use VB6 instead.

@Nicholas Thompson - did that work?

Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 00:15
Nope - now I get a "proper" error
Quote: "Component "COMCTL32.OCX" or one of its dependencies not registered correctly: a file is missing or invalid."

I didn't realise it was just being upgraded. I somehow got the impression V2.0 was a rewrite - not sure where I got that from!

[center]
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 00:39
@Nicholas Thompson - I double checked the Install.bat file and I see the "COMCTL32.OCX" was being copied or registered. I fixed the install.bat file. *If your still interested in BlueIDE 2*

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 00:41
I am indeed - wanna compare it against CodeSurge and the Default IDE.
Cheers. What do I need to do?

[center]
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 00:51
Rreplace your Install.bat with the one I upload in the previous post and run it. It will copy and register the OCX that was giving you the error. (Thats the theory any way).

Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 00:52
Brilliant - it loads now

I'll test it out and get back to you. Cheers Balid.

[center]
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 01:17
Glad to hear it worked. Just to make sure are you testing R4? I seen that 3 people had downloaded R3 before I could take it down once R4 was up. There alot of additions (small one may be) in R4.

Please let us know what you like about BlueIDE and what could be better.

Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 01:21
I got R4 from Sourceforge as you suggested in your post at 15:28 / 17:18.

I'll post back with thoughts

[center]
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 04:15
Help!

I installed Blue IDE 2.0 RC4 and everything loaded fine. Then I wanted to try out the "Load all Includes" option because I'm always clicking the button to load all includes.

But now when Blue IDE starts up I get this error:

Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument

I tried reinstalling Blue IDE 2.0 RC4 but no go. I can't find where the configuration settings are for this program (so I can turn off the "load all includes". Thanks for any help.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 05:10 Edited at: 10th May 2007 05:13
@tiresius - Try this patched version. If that doesn't work you could edit the registry (VB and VBA Program Settings/BlueIDE/General/advoOpenAll).

How are starting BlueIDE? Is it directly clicking on the exe, through a shortcut, or with file association? Are you running on XP?

Thanks,

Attachments

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 06:27 Edited at: 10th May 2007 06:29
The patched exe didn't fix the problem. Once I set the registry key to 0 I was able to get in.

I have XP Home SP2. I'm just clicking on the Blue IDE icon in the 2.0 directory directly since I didn't have shortcuts available yet.

What happens is I get the Loading splash screen, then the error message, and the process is still in Task Manager and I have to kill it there.

Clicking the "open all includes" button works fine as well. Hope this helps.

[EDIT]
Oh I found a small niggle with the Function listing. You can edit the parts of the list and it will display whatever you edit it to. It is temporary until it updates, but just thought you'd like to know it's not a View Only display but it should be. Probably an easy fix.

And I really like BlueIDE 2.0 with these dockable/minizing window thingies. Neat.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 13:00 Edited at: 10th May 2007 13:50
@tiresius - What is your processor speed. I remembering getting that error when I first put it in. It was a timing issue so I put in a timer. May be if I adjust the timer it will help. Do you the option to load the last project on?

Quote: "Oh I found a small niggle with the Function listing. "

Thank you, I will look into it too.

Oh, how is the typing speed for you? Still sluggish?

[edit]I've attached a version with the Open All Includes Timer set to one second. It may or may not work.[/edit] [edit2]removed download. I don't think it would have worked for you.[/edit2]

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
The two major bugs that killed the IDE for me are still present. On compile both the undo history and the clipboard and cleared.

So, if I modify something, save, compile, and realize that I made an error, I can't undo the mistake. I also can't ctrl-x something to the clipboard and test compile because I'll lose that too.

http://3dfolio.com
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 15:46
@Mistrel - Thank you for the suggestions.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 05:23 Edited at: 11th May 2007 05:37
Hi Balid-

My PC is a P4 2Ghz, with 1GB of RAM.

The project I test with has 134 functions over several files. It is a little slow typing while the function list is open. Maybe have it only update the list when there is a carriage return or a line is deleted? I don't know what the code does or what is possible, just thoughts.

Although for me personally, I like having it minimized when not in use, and then speed is not a problem at all. Big improvement over RC3!

[EDIT]
Something else to report. It appears the screen contents are a "fixed width". Meaning I can get the <-> arrows to change the size of the window, but the window boundaries don't adjust, meaning I can't get to my minimized function listing window unless I scroll the main window to the right. The window boundaries and the horizontal scrollbar should adjust based on the size of the window, I think. Not a biggie but thought I'd throw it out there.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 14:09 Edited at: 11th May 2007 14:10
@tiresius - Sounds like your running on better equipment then I have. I'd like to change the timing of the updates to a carriage return, a delete, or when the user moves to a new line.

As far as your [edit] is concerned I'm a little confused, so I attached a video showing that the code window does resize and by moving the mouse all the way to the right the right panel comes into view (at least it does for me). If this is not the case for you could you please provide some visuals of what is happening?

Thanks,

Attachments

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 17:55
Why would it need to be updated when user moves to a new line? Maybe when they move to a new file (to update the local defined function colors, if that's even in RC4). I think just adding a line, removing a line, pasting/deleting lines, and going to another file would warrant updating it.

Yeah it's hard to explain what I'm seeing, I'll try it again. I can't do a fancy movie but I can provide a screen shot later tonight if needed.

Basically take the main window and make it so it isn't maximized. Then reduce the main horizontal window size with the <-> cursor. Notice that the main text body (where code is) is still the same size, and hasn't adjusted to the smaller main window. Also the functionlist panel doesn't open up when you hover on the right side of the window, unless you scroll the window to the right so you can finally see the edge. That make sense? I can provide a screenshot later if necessary.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 22:48 Edited at: 11th May 2007 22:52
@tiresius - Sounds like you have a unique case. The video was taken when BlueIDE was not maximized (roughly half the size on my screen) and I adjusted the width of the "main text body" and on my computer the right edge on the IDE is still visible. But it sounds like on yours the "main text body" is somehow over overlaping the right panel.

Quote: "Also the functionlist panel doesn't open up when you hover on the right side of the window, unless you scroll the window to the right so you can finally see the edge."

Thats interesting since the scroll bar should only be for the text area and not the other panels.

A screenshot of the that I think would greatly help (a picture is worth a thousand words).

Quote: "Why would it need to be updated when user moves to a new line? "

In case a user just edits a line. Like a variable name or a function name. I want to be able to see if I typed a variable or function name correctly without having to press enter. Once the user leaves the line the validation will occur (first for that line then if the user pressed enter or deleted a line further updates would take place). So by checking when "current line" <> "previous line" I can will be able to pick up any changes made. Does that make sense?

Is anyone else having the same problems as tiresius?

Thanks,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 05:15
Hey Balid- what you said makes sense.

Ok I have specific steps to make the resize issue happen.

1. Open Blue IDE (it comes up Maximized for me)
2. Click the button to make it unmaximized
3. Click the thumbtack button of the Code panel so it isn't expanded
4. Use the bottom right corner of the window to resize the main window a little smaller
5. Notice the code panel and the right scrollbar are out of view and don't update
6. Drifting the mouse over to the right side of the screen does not expand the code panel
7. Use the bottom right corner of the window to resize the main window bigger
8. The code window and scrollbar are now visible again

Hope this helps!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 13:51 Edited at: 14th May 2007 04:47
@tiresius - Excellent. I was able to duplicate the situation you described and I can now investigate it and correct it.

[edit] problem fixed. attached patched exe.[/edit]
[edit2] removed download [\edit2]
Thank you,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 18:55
Cool beans! That worked a treat!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 01:36 Edited at: 14th May 2007 04:44
@tiresius - Glad to hear it worked. It looks like that bug was there since at least beta release 2. I found a bug in the patched version I attached early. I fixed it and attached the patched patched verson.

[edit]removed the download[\edit]

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 03:38
Howdie-

I've been a bad tester. I've only been looking at the frilly user interface and not really compiling my large projects or doing much stress testing on the new versions. So now it bites me in the a$$ and almost gave me a heart attack.

I'm having a major problem with the latest RC4 version. It gives me compiler errors to the effect that it is missing a user defined function. I checked FullSourceDump.dba and it looks like my main source file is not included!

If I keep trying to recompile, it seems like it is removing one more file from the group, as the # of lines to process gets shorter and shorter by large chunks. Very strange!

The version on sourceforge works properly. The last couple of versions you posted do not.

Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 04:31 Edited at: 14th May 2007 04:39
Glad to have gotten it off of Sourceforge then

now I will have to make a decision every bleeding time I open DBP. Codesurge, BlueIDE, or kill a kitten... hm....

well I don't have FraPlus1.ocx and I can't find it on the internet.

Never mind they're all included

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 04:46 Edited at: 14th May 2007 05:01
@tiresius - what I posted was a pre-release of R5. It looks like some major bugs are in there. I will patch an R4 of BlueIDE 2 and post that for you. You shouldn't see the problems you are describing with it.

[edit]added a patched R4 (not a pre-release R5 like before). This should just correct the sizing issue.[/edit]

Attachments

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 04:53
Hi Balid-

Ah so that's why it showed 2.0.5.

Sounds good if it's not much trouble. But otherwise you don't need to post patch fixes for everything reported by me (unless you need to confirm it works). I am patient and I can wait for the next full RC.

Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there! I thought I'd download the IDE from Sourceforge (BlueIDE_2_R4.zip) as I see that you have added Option Explicit functionality - which will save me so much time in debugging my projects (as it's really easy to mistype a variable name).

However, I found running the IDE with the Option Explicit option set resulted in my machine "freezing" with my CPU running at 100%.

I'm running XP SP2 and confess that I haven't run it yet without the Option Explicit option selected, so I'm happy to do some more testing to narrow down possible causes - can you please let me know what info you require, Balid?
GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 13:49
Quote: "However, I found running the IDE with the Option Explicit option set resulted in my machine "freezing" with my CPU running at 100%."

Hi Hammaman,
I've added Option Explicit feature.

When computer freeze, in compile form, above progress bar, there are a string like this: "Preprocessing: Option Explicit (xxx/yyy)"?
The xxx is the line (from the temporary source file, with all included file) where program has some problem. So if you coul mail me the partial code near this part, I could debug this. I think you could mail me only 5-6 lines. Before to mail me, you could try to compile a source with only this part of source, so you can see if the problem is there.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 14:10 Edited at: 18th May 2007 14:13
@Hammaman - Thank you for trying BlueIDE 2. Here is what I am running BlueIDE 2 on - 1.5 GHz Celeron M, 512 RAM, XP Home SP2. I test with a somewhat small project of 26 files, 7195 lines of code, 222 functions, 40 labels, 20 types, 347 variables. For me, my CPU is at 100% whenever I compile so that does not sound strange to me. Does any part of the "Option Explicit" run for you? And please try to compile with the option turned off to make sure that the rest of the compiling works for you.

@Genly Ai - Thank you.

@Everyone - Beta release 5 is up on SourceForge.
- Moved the option to associate .dba and .dbpro files with BlueIDE 2 to the Options Advanced tab. (updates registry)
- Made new icons for .dba and .dbpro files that are associated with BlueIDE 2.
- Improved intelliscense replacement of functions
* Corrected error of right frame not repositioning when resize window with the right frame "unpinned".
* Corrected error when opening last project on start up
* Corrected runonly error
- Removed the '.dba' from tab names

Thank you,

Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
@Balid,
No problem trying BlueIDE2. I'll try to compile my project without Option Explicit on and see whether this works (the project does compile successfully using the default IDE and Codesurge).

@GenlyAi
I recall that the progress bar does seem to get stuck in the way you mention. I'll try again over the weekend and let you know the exact place, together with a few lines of code. It's quite possible that it is picking up an error in my code, and so I'll also experiment with leaving the editor alone for a couple of minutes to see whether it eventually finishes compiling.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 02:48
The new RC looks great.

I still crash when selecting "Load All Includes" in the preferences. It loads up and after a second the program then gives one of a couple different errors and closes. Am I the only one seeing this?

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 17:28
@tiresius - what are the errors that you are getting?

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 04:05
Well here are the errors I get.

If I just let it go without doing anything I get this after about a second:
Run-time error '424':
Object required

If I click on another source tab before the error happens, I get this:
Run-time error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set

Now I've found how to NOT get the error, so perhaps this will help you track it down. If I immediately click on a different panel tab (like Media, or Library) before the Code panel finishes calculating all the numbers... there are no errors. Hope that helps!

FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys.
Ive downloaded BlueIde from his SourceForge site.
And everytime i write keyword , like Pisiton object , for example.
It slow downs a lot. And i have to wait a couple of seconds to keep writing.
The odd stuff its that , my Blueide copy , was working fine , till today when i open a project ,and then closed BlueIde and loaded another project
Hope this can be fixed.

Another Question
On the TriggerSave event , what its the functionality of
Set r = code.GetSel(False) ?
cheers, keep the good job
Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
I've now been able to confirm that my problems are with "option explicit" enabled in Advanced options. My project compiles successfully with this turned off.

My PC freezes in "mid-preprocessing" (i.e. showing the message "Preprocessing: Option Explicit (832/1360)"). I've had a look at the code and double checked that I've declared all the variables used in this part of the code.

I'll try to compile the section of the code which is causing me problems to see whether it's a coding issue or an editor issue. If I get the same issue with a small piece of code, I'll post it for GenlyAi to have a look at.
Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tracked the problem down to the following code:

It appears that BlueIDE thinks that Mod is a built-in DBPro function, but I can't find any mention of it in the Help files, or the Keywords.ini files. This makes it freeze on the Option Explicit preprocessing. Renaming the function to something different removes the problem.

Any suggestions (and is this a bug in DBPro/BlueIDE) ?
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 00:44
mod is the modulus function. I actually use it in some of my code. I'm surprised it doesn't barf an error at you saying you used a keyword as a function name. I thought the compiler did that...

Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Tiresius, thanks! I did wonder whether Mod was a built in function. Funny the compiler does not produce an error.

It sounds like the IDE needs to take care of this if the compiler won't, especially if this causes the IDE to "crash".
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 16:35
Quote: "It sounds like the IDE needs to take care of this if the compiler won't, especially if this causes the IDE to "crash". "

Genly has corrected the problem with the "Option Explicit" feature.

Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Balid,

Thanks for letting me know that Genly has fixed this issue. I assume it will be incorporated into the next release (beta release 6) - any ideas when this will be available?

Also, I'll download beta release 5 from Sourceforge to continue my testing (I'll change the code to remove the "mod" error) and let you know if I've any further issues.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 14:07 Edited at: 24th May 2007 14:08
@Hammaman - If no other issues come up R6 should be out this weekend.

Quote: "everytime i write keyword , like Pisiton object , for example.
It slow downs a lot. And i have to wait a couple of seconds to keep writing."

@FERSIS - Does BlueIDE slow down for you if you hide the right frame or if the "code" tab is not visible?
Quote: "On the TriggerSave event , what its the functionality of
Set r = code.GetSel(False) ?"

That is from Rob Knight (how first created BlueIDE) and I'm not sure what that does. It looks like it records if anything is selected before saving and then the selection is reset after all of the files have been saved.

Quote: "Now I've found how to NOT get the error, so perhaps this will help you track it down. If I immediately click on a different panel tab (like Media, or Library) before the Code panel finishes calculating all the numbers... there are no errors. Hope that helps!"

@tiresius - That is strange, but it does give me something to go on.

FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
@FERSIS - Does BlueIDE slow down for you if you hide the right frame or if the "code" tab is not visible?

Yap , it slow down a little less if i hide the right panel.
But keeps being annoying .

That is from Rob Knight (how first created BlueIDE) and I'm not sure what that does. It looks like it records if anything is selected before saving and then the selection is reset after all of the files have been saved.

Maybe thats the reason wich BlueIde cleans the CopyPaste Buffer after saving?
It would be nice that the copy text ,would be not lost on saving (And compiling ,since when compiles it save the code first)

Great work ,and thanks for the fast answer.
Keep with the good job.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 14:43
Beta Release 6 is ready.

Two bug fixes in this release.
* Corrected problem with "Option Explicit" feature not being able to handle non-uppercase forms of MOD
* Corrected error when BlueIDE is started with "Open All Includes" option selected (hopefully)

@FERSIS - BlueIDE actually clears the buffer everytime you move to a new tab. I would like to change this so each tab has its own buffer or store all copying to an array like 'Office-Word'.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 08:21
I confirmed the "open all includes" bug is fixed, at least with my examples.

I'm finding the autocomplete for () "" and such to be a little annoying as I'm not used to it. Could there be an option to disable that?

Also a small bug that seems to come up if I click quickly between two source code tabs.

Run-time error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set

This is lookin really great!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:34:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:34:39