Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 20:13
Hi again all!

Here some answer! I hope that somebody can help me!

1) If i want use DarkPhisx i must have an AGEIA phisci card? or it work with software mode too?

2) I download and installed AGEIA drivers and after i download and run some demo from this link \"http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=physx_01\" but no one works!! I must have DarkPhysx installed on my computer? If yes, if i make a game with DarkPhixX all people that wants play with my game must have DarkPhisX installed on their computers?

3) There are other physics command on DarkBasic? If i haven\'t DarkPhysX is hard to me make decent physics on my game?

THX VERY MUCH TO ALL!
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 23:38
@ Alduce: I suppose you mean "questions" instead of "answers"!
My answers to your questions are:
1.) In the actual version of DarkPhysics(=DP) you only need the special hardware-card for the fluids! (This may change in future updates, maybe every feature might be possible in the future without the hardware, BUT slower then running in hardware-mode!) All other commands do work without it in software-mode!

2.) You only need to install the AGEIA-Drivers from their website to use/run programs/games that use the AGEIA-PhysX-SDK, like DP does! If you only try to compile some code with Dark-Basic-Pro (=DB-Pro) without having DP then it won't work! Demos that come as an EXE do run as long as you have the latest AGEIA-Driver installed (if they don't run fine, there might be some other errors that cause the problems!)!

3.) You can use other physic-engines with DB-Pro like Newton:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=50438&b=5
Programming a physics-engine by yourself might also be possible, BUT is a lot more difficult and time-expensive then useing an engine/SDK that already exists!

Next time you might want to use the search function, cause nearly all of your questions were answered here in the forum before!

I hope this answers are what you were looking for!

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.3):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93582&b=5
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 00:47
Hi hoozer, in first THX for the answers!! ahah yeah my answers are "QUESTIONS"!!

About your second answer : all demos that i downloaded are DBPro Application (then is right that these don t works?), i need just a double click for launch them but in the demos folders there are NOT dll files, only the starting file and a subfolders dor the media!
then? there aren't executable so is right that these don t work?

For the third answer i try to look Newton engine too but seems that DarkPhysix is much powerful!! your opinion?

Ok sorry if i start new thread but i need precision answer for my question because i am VERY NOOB in 3d world so is hard for me to use other thread for my too basic question!! (i hope that you understand just a bit of my words..

In finish : THX very much for help!!
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 19:59 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 20:00
@ Alduce: The demo you linked in the first post also doesn't work on my machine, BUT try this demo:
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=physx_03

Or try the link in my signature, both games run fine!
You don't need the DLLs, cause they are "compiled"/"inside" the EXE-files. All applications (as long as they have an EXE) should work without any DLLs.

About Newton: I only saw a simple demo in C++ and I never used it with DP-Pro. What I have heard around here it might be a bit more difficult to use than DP, but I can't guarantee that DP is easier! I do favour DP, cause it has a lot of features that are also expanded by TGC some day (TGC says there will be a "bigger" update in the "next" time)! I know the features of the AGEIA-SDK and I'm sure Newton doesn't have them all, so I hope TGC will put the "new" features into DP with the next update!

If you want to know/see more about some of the "new" AGEIA-SDK-features:
http://www.ageia.com/physx/tech_demos.html

Or anything about AGEIA/PhysX/the hardware/Demos/supported games:
http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/ageia_physx.html

I hope that helps!

Hoozer

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 21:51
Hoozer you are great! THX very much for help!!
I try your link and the crash test game work on my computer too!

Since now i tested some Newton demos and i can tell that the physic is not propely EXTREME REALISTIC. It's good but less extreme than DarkPhysX video that i saw.

Ok Newton are free and DarkPhysX not but maybe is right. The quality maybe need some little expenses!!

Thx for other links (info about Ageia), i think that this is the future for VideoGames and now i am curious about this BIG update of AGEIA!!!
Ok thx very much for help!
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 22:34
@ Alduce: No problem, that's what a forum is for, to help each other!

If you have any other questions just ask! (Some of the readers here in the forum know a lot and I'm not really one of them! I only have a lot of ideas!)

Good luck with your future projects!

Hoozer

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 03:01
Ok,personally,I feel I wasted my money on dp,because it lacked sooo many features. Truthfully,it'd be better to just go and use c++ and the ageia sdk,that way you can do it yourself. But knowing everyone here,I'm the only one who really thinks this...

Hello
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 06:49
Well, DP may lack some features, but it is the greatest rigid body physics simulator I've ever seen. And, the DBP integration is great. It is million dollar software, wrapped up into DBP and made ultra cheap.

Besides, the features will get fleshed out soon enough. It's not perfect, but it's great.

Come see the WIP!
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 01:47
DP is full of bugs, but once you figure out the "work-arounds" no problem. I still recommend this software. I really hope that tgc gets the message and fixes it. I personally would rather see it all "fixed" instead of new features. New features are great yes, but bugs are bad. I say fix bugs, then new features.

But what is going to happen is

new features

few bug fixes

new features

more bugs

new features

more bugs

fix few bugs.

etc....

this is what always happnens.

I still recommend getting DP though.
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 01:57
I'm just using Ogre and NxOgre now... I've given up on dbp. I'm having less problems in c++,so yeah,if that happens,that tends not to be good.

Hello

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:16:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:16:42