Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Physics for enemy models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 23:34
How would I go about adding physics to the enemy characters? I've read through the information piece about darkphysics, and it seems like if i give the enemies physics boxes, they wont be able to move?

--
Zhent, coding newbie
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 01:20
That's probably the case if you set it as a static rigid body, but not with dynamic.
Zhent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 02:26
You're right, I tried that and they move around now, however that poses another problem. The map I am using has a couple of hills and such, and the monsters that get built on the hills are falling over backwards Do you know if there is a way to fix that?

--
Zhent, coding newbie
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 00:38 Edited at: 4th May 2007 00:41
I'm not sure, maybe if you set the point of mass at the enemies' feet.

Here's the phy sleep rigid body help document, this may help, you can force the object into sleep mode while it's moving.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 22:23
You should use a character controller, I don't see why you wouldn't unless you were committed to something far more complex.

You can use a kinematic controller positioned at the character controller position that would react with dynamic physics objects.

Come see the WIP!
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 22:54
we need an upvector joint like in newton...but that has to be taken to ageia,cuz its just not in PhysX.

Hello
Zhent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 03:23
Curtis - Somehow I got the impression from the help files with DarkPhysics that the character controllers were only for the player character. That will make it much easier.

--
Zhent, coding newbie
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:07
Quote: "we need an upvector joint like in newton...but that has to be taken to ageia,cuz its just not in PhysX."

In my experience, upvector joints are no good for character controllers. The spinning on the y axis was uncontrollable.

Quote: "Curtis - Somehow I got the impression from the help files with DarkPhysics that the character controllers were only for the player character. That will make it much easier."

Ah, I see now. Yeah, you can use as many as you like. The character controllers sure aren't perfect, but they'll get the job done. I created my own using Sparky's DLL+DarkPhysics for greater control.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:52:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:52:47