Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / TGC 3D Comp 2:Steel Rivets

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how about just a hall of fame with a picture of the winning entry from past months and a note about it?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 03:02
IF moondog does not reply by the 10th of june.
THEN I guess it would be ok to let Seppy manage it
ELSE we could have a vote to see who would be the next manager.

lets give the guy some time however first.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 15:54
I hope that moondog does make i back but in case he doesn't, I'll be your backup man Sep. I would like to get back into the contests pretty soon but i'll be traveling this month and probably won't get to be able to work on anything.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 18:42
Anyone who thinks that they're capable, I'd be happy for them to do it and I'd offer my support so that they get off to a good start. That's if Moondog doesn't reply. I think with his current situation, I'm sure even if a temporary team to replace him will be a favour whilst he is figuring things out.

But we'll see if Moondog makes his post.

Quote: "how about just a hall of fame with a picture of the winning entry from past months and a note about it?"

I used to do that, the image would appear in the stickied thread, so anyone who went there saw it...but people generally needed to go to that thread once or twice to get the main jist of what is going on and they'd read the other threads for the current themes and restrictions. - So they'd have no real reason to visit that thread. So I didn't think it was much of an incentive for people to participate.

I thought the newsletter would work because a) It advertises it more so to the rest of the forum b) More people will see the results and people will want to participate more, I mean seeing your work in the newletter is something people might like. -It'd give them something to work for more and of course getting more modellers interested and trying hard -> which is what the challenges need and so do the modellers. (Going back to the main philosophy of the challenges when I started them - To help the 3D community improve upon their modelling skills)

At least that's what I think. But I'm still listening for other thoughts, so don't worry. Even if Moondog returns, I'd still be happy to do this. I'll write up a draft using 3 previous challenges and post up to see what people think.

Support the return of Cow-Fishing! Hook up Paris Hilton and die!
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 20:08 Edited at: 5th Jun 2007 20:08
I would do it but I have my own comp to run on a different board. If that ever went bust I would do it. Goodluck on getting moondog back, or getting someone else to host it sep

el zilcho
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah actually that sounds like a very good idea seppuku. i know i'd try harder for my name in the newsletter.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 21:42
Glad to hear it. I'll also take note to introducing more beginner orientated challenges to whoever is running the challenges (So we get a range of people and well it makes it easier for people to get their work into the newsletter - If BatVink wishes to include it), whether it be Moondog still or somebody else.

Moondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 22:59
i feel like i'm in h e double hockey sticks sometimes..but i'm all right...did some job scouting and talking to some friends from the military, just gathering information

good job to dark coder for the win!

there are some good ideas too, and i think a newspaper snippet would be cool just to recognize people at least. no one really goes on the rules thread to look up winners.

well, i'll put up the next comp if you guys want me too...unless you just voted me out of office

MOONDOG

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 23:07
No one is voting you out, no worries, we were just preparing in case you got caught up with sorting yourself out. Glad that you're here though, if you wish, you can carry on, but if the moment comes when you are unable to continue give me or one of these lot (If I'm a bit slow to get back to you) a shout and we can arrange a replacement.

Quote: "nd i think a newspaper snippet would be cool just to recognize people at least. no one really goes on the rules thread to look up winners."

Glad people are liking this idea then, I'll get onto cooking up that draft and giving it to BatVink.

Moondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 23:31
kul, i'll get right on posting the next compo

MOONDOG

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 23:46
Good, good.

Well I've quickly made up a draft for the what I think the newletter article should look like when I present it to BatVink. - If anyone has an ideas or suggestions to improve, I'm all open for suggestions.

el zilcho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 00:41 Edited at: 6th Jun 2007 00:41
yeah that looks good, but they'll probably change the layout to be inkeeping with the newsletter. all the stuff you have put there is relevent though, i can't think of anything else to put, exept a link to the various past compos.

perhaps, seeing as we only really get time to do 2 compos a month, if you could put a runner up picture on there as well. and if someone were to design a 1st and 2nd place medallion to overlay onto the image, that would help the presentation babble babble..

babble babble.

babble.

-ez-
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 01:21
cool cool, I'll put that in, I'll whip up a medallion for that. The two compos a month is probably accurate, but 3 in the example just gets the point across, as they say '3 is the majic number' The previous links may be a pain if you want 'all' of the previous comps, plus they may begin to clutter up the article (I mean this has been going on for long over a year now. )

Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 01:24
Whatever, just start the next compo.
I have too much free time now that school is out...
el zilcho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 14:51 Edited at: 6th Jun 2007 14:58
nah i just meant a link to the compo threads which are being featured. sry i was a bit vague

[edit]- lets have the next compo! now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:24:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:24:20