Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entity Workshop V1 - Released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 17:04 Edited at: 12th Jun 2007 17:05
Maybe you should allow loading multiple entitys and using the as one cough.hint.cough

I like my sig.
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 17:49
Maybe cough.hint.cough is getting annoying coughhintcough

Can't wait for 1.5 Wehtam_, this is awesome.

E.D.

Shame I can't change my name
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 17:54
Wetham, please send me the 1.5 info when it's ready so I can feature it.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Nowdie
Years of Service
User Offline
i cant use any of the mouse/ctrl commands
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2007 15:32
Sorry for the big bump here, but.....

@ Wehtam_, you've made my entity creating needs eased! Thanks. Oh, and do you think that someday, you can make a Character Workshop, a Segment Workshop, and a Texture Workshop?

This is Mad-Man. Copy Mad-Man into your sig so he can rule the FPSC boards. How to do it? }+:+)+the message after the smiley=domination!
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work!
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 07:08
Ilove this entity workshop.really good job wehtam_

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 22:26
Wetham,

Your site has exceeded it's bandwidth and I'm getting notice that people can't download it. I'll host it on fpsFREE now and change the links.

Best.

Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 23:14
Big thanks xplosys ! Yes my bandwidth has been sucked up, but it was all for a good cause
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 00:33
when will your site be back up? i didnt get a chance to download yet, *sniff* (tear rolls down face)

-dapower

JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 00:44 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2007 00:52
You can download it here http://www.fpsfree.com/downloads.htm
I'm lucky enough to have a laptop with a num pad
Entity workshop also works with Vista.

A very nice utility indeed thank you.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 00:58
You can get it here. On the main page.

Best.

JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 01:01
LOL xplosys yours is much nicer.
fuffalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. "

I clicked on your website link and it said that, I am sure you are aware of this, but I thought id let you know

I like FPSC!!!
apache4ed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 04:25
Hi.
When I click on the link to the web site I keep getting an error stating the your server has used up all its bandwith

no game to tame
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 04:43
I could tell you where to find it now but since you were obviously too lazy to read the previous posts in this thread (an alternate download location has been posted twice) you can just keep wanting.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 13:43
Quote: "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."

The link on the post leads to this.

Please sign here
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 13:52 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2007 13:55
You didn't read all of the posts but since you are too lazy and it is annoying the crap out of me you can find it at http://www.fpsFREE.com.

I just checked and I know you can get it there.I know they probably don't have this public service announcement on TV anymore so I'll post it here...

R.I.F.

Reading
Is
Fundamental

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 23:36 Edited at: 29th Jun 2007 00:01
How's the update going? Here are a few of my suggestions:

1/. How about a person for scale as well as the segment for scale?
2/. A button to scale up/down in proportion.
3/. The ability to move / snap the entity to the edge of the segment. For example if you create a false wall, by moving it to one of the edges, they would snap correctly in FPSC.
4/. Separate paths for Import Template, Import Entity and Import Texture.
5/. When saving an entity with the same name as an existing entity, perhaps tell the user that one already exists? and does he wish to save over it?
6/. When saving an entity with the same name as an existing entity, the new version doesn't seem to save as there is one with that name already there.
7/. Pressing Control to move with mouse: I have an entity 3 segments high, I'd like to be able to view the top of the entity to position the texture but releasing control puts the view at the default, which is near the bottom so I can't see the top to position. Perhaps the view could be left where it is when releasing CTRL and perhaps SHIFT+CTRL will place the view back to default?
8/. Mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out.
9/. Ability to position the texture slowly using the arrow keys to get a better positioning.

Just the odd one or two to chew on

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Frag Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Bah this is great!
Thanks a lot and good work.
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 10:23
Hi Nickydude, the update is making steady progress. A few of your suggestions are destined for the next release, thanks for sharing your ideas
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice program!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was spam
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 00:55
Really top notch application for the community. Not that it mattered but I placed links on three of the four FPSC related sites that run on Out-Lawz.com. Though I only used it during its initial release, this is certainly a must have for those quick items that fill our worlds, and 1.5 is looking better yet.

Best Luck & Continued Success
Loc

DyVo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 13:31
@ Wehtam i get an error when i try to import my volcanoes made in blender 3d, i exported them as .x with y axis up, right handed system etc. but when i try to open i get this error message:

Runtime Error 7003-Mesh does not exist at line 400

other thing is that i imported one model and the rock3 texture looks only brown but on the templates that come with Entity Workshop the texture looks fine, same for the other textures. (screenie of problem)

Help would be appreciated.

DyVo

Star wars covers the whole world but there is one more thing that is even cooler FPS creator!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DyVo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 13:31
and it needs to look like this...

Star wars covers the whole world but there is one more thing that is even cooler FPS creator!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 14:06
Quote: "
@ Wehtam i get an error when i try to import my volcanoes made in blender 3d, i exported them as .x with y axis up, right handed system etc. but when i try to open i get this error message:

Runtime Error 7003-Mesh does not exist at line 400

other thing is that i imported one model and the rock3 texture looks only brown but on the templates that come with Entity Workshop the texture looks fine, same for the other textures. (screenie of problem)

Help would be appreciated.

DyVo"

The is a problem with the mesh then...
As for the texture problem as I said before in you other thread which you didn't even read.

I said download lithunwrapper or a tool that can do the uvmapping of the model that will sort your problem with the texture....

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
DyVo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 14:35
@ wizard of id, i actually read it, and saw your suggestion, but this program applies the textures itself, so i don't need lithunwrapper, on the other models the texture applying in Entity workshop works well.

DyVo

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 15:00
Quote: "@ wizard of id, i actually read it, and saw your suggestion, but this program applies the textures itself, so i don't need lithunwrapper, on the other models the texture applying in Entity workshop works well.

DyVo"

I say again the texture coordinates needs to be mapped in a mapper like lithunwrapper once you have those coordinates most terrain textures can be applied to your model without any problems so unless you do so you are not going to be able to apply a texture to you model correctly....

And the program that you kindly refer to as applying your texture does a little more than just applying texture it also exports a texture to the format of your choice where by you load the your model into entity creator and apply the exported texture.....

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 15:48
Sorry dude, but WOI is right.

[url=www.x-games.mdhost.info]X-Games[/url]
[url=fps-files.com]FPS-Files[/url]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 16:14 Edited at: 21st Jul 2007 16:15
Entity Workshop applies the texture just as it is mapped, and then gives you some options as to moving, sizing, etc, the texture. If the texture is not mapped to the model correctly, then Entity Workshop will apply it incorrectly. It's not a magic program that knows how you want it mapped. It's good.... but not that good.

Best.

DyVo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 11:12
Ok thx all of you, you too Wizard of ID

DyVo

DyVo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 12:56
@ Wehtam now i got a question....

i got the volcano's working but..
for one i used your rock3.jpg texture, and i'm planning on giving the volcano's away.
so my question is, in the readme file of the volcano's do i need to put the line: Additional media created by Wehtam ( www.wehtam.co.uk ) in? so that it is clear that anybody who downloads it needs to put in this line in his/her game credits?

because i used the rock 3 texture

thx

DyVo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 19:16:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 19:16:18