Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [LOCKED] X10 multiplayer team death match

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 14:40
He's adding ragdoll, better lighting, possibly allies, and a few other things I cant remember...

---PlasmaArts---
www.plasmaarts.co.nr - www.plasmaarts-games.co.nr
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 15:43
We've already got DarkLights. But do you mean like spotlights, sunlight and stuff like that?
Allies will most likely be added, since Lee's said he's going to add in Dark AI. Even some of the scripts in the new update say something about them just being temporary until Dark AI is added.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 17:38
I should keep my mouth shut eh? Don't want to sound dishonest!

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 19:05
I think that people quoting information from a pre-release of FPSC is crazy.I have the box that FPSC comes in.And everything it says on the box is in FPSC.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 19:21
Crazy yeah but all the same, unprofessional and dishonest
I for one will stick with FPSC V1 for the time, don't get me wrong I like the product very much!

FPSCreator content, information and resources.

http://x-games.mdhost.info/index.htm
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 19:59
Quote: "Crazy yeah but all the same, unprofessional and dishonest"

I agree, I just thought it was a bit strange, but there ya go.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 20:41
How is it unprofessional and dishonest to say that they are coming out with a product and this is what they plan on having in it?Nothing was set in stone and what they say on the site and the box is what you get when you buy FPSC.
Accusing someone of fraud is a very serious thing.Especially since apparantly you are not understanding the difference between what people plan on doing when they start and what is included when you buy something.These fraud accusations have come to an end.
It is understandable to want something that is not in FPSC but to whine "fraud" because TGC did not make the engine to suit your personal needs is crap.
So now if they don't do another thing for x9 the forum members can come here and read a few posts and see who they have to thank for it.

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:05
Like I said “don’t get me wrong I like to product” and I was NOT accusing anyone of fraud if your message was pointed at me FredP, wow that’s strong.

Also I have paid for my copy and very happy with it, if I get updates or extra options then I would be even happier with it.
FredP chill out this is only a topic after all; it’s understandable you will defend FPSC but to say -
Quote: "So now if they don't do another thing for x9 the forum members can come here and read a few posts and see who they have to thank for it."
is unprofessional as a TGC forum MOD and even more unprofessional for TGC not to do anything else for X9 because of a 29 word post, then so be it!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 05:01 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 05:02
Quote: "Almost everything on that newsletter was false."

Quote: "Well then in my opinion they should of just been honest and said what features were actually going in."

Quote: "Crazy yeah but all the same, unprofessional and dishonest "

Oh...they already posted that when x10 is done they are going to bring as many features into x9 as possible...notably AI improvements and ragdoll physics or something like it.
And all of the quotes that I have posted here were posted after Lee and Rick posted they were doing these things to x9.
Technically since these things are still in development you should have waited to see if these things were accomplished before posting what you did.
And it's one thing to say that there are some bugs and issues with FPSC but it's another to say Lee and Rick and the others at TGC are unprofessional and dishonest.Since they are nice enough to take time out when they can to answer the occassional question and to return e-mails and this is the thanks we give them.

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 08:04
I have to agree with X Games on this one.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 10:36
Quote: "I have to agree with X Games on this one."

Me too, sorry Fred...

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up withX games.
Urban Pack WIP
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 12:52 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 12:52
So you are saying "Hey,these gus are working hard to continue to develop this product and instead of being pateint and doing so we should just keep slamming them"...
Nice...
They provide you with support forums,more model packs,updates, answer your e-mails,post in your threads and are friendly and polite.
I still fail to understand the reasoning of some people.I want improvements in multiplayer as much as the next guy but folks,this isn't the way to get them.And getting upset about them and slamming FPSC just because you don't get what you want when you want it isn't going to help.Nothing is going to get here any soner by taking this attitude towards it when we should all be working together to make things better.In fact...I would say quite the opposite.We are supposed to be a community working together to make games not taking shots at each other and/or the ones making this product.

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 13:27
Ok to be fair and I can only speak for myself, TGC team do work hard and the forum MOD’s do a good job and for TGC to keep updating X9, working on X10 and still banging out model packs is just brilliant but the only reason I started this topic was to ask; One question; Will there be a TDM/CTF multiplayer option in FPSC x10?

I wish I didn’t start the topic and I do hope TGC takes heed to its community because after all we should be working together.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 13:37
We wernt slamming FPSC we were simply questioning that newsletter.

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up withX games.
Urban Pack WIP
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 20:30
I understand all that now Fred, thanks for the explanation. I just personaly think they should of said "we are planning on having" instead of saying "we are going to have". But I shall stop this as I realise I looked like an idiot quaraling about those few words.

I think this should be locked or this war will just go on for eternity.

Tyrano

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:23:18