Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Is there a free Game Protection software?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive searched but cant find a free Game Protection software. Do point me too Phoenix or Vishnu (I dont have anything agaisnt them personally. I just dont want to pay for that.)
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 20:31 Edited at: 7th Jul 2007 20:32
I don't think that there is a free one, you could make one though, that would be free.

And about $11 for Vishnu is a great deal, I would recommend just buying that.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 20:37 Edited at: 7th Jul 2007 20:39
I'm currently researching methods of protection, or rather working out how to implement one of my ideas of it. My idea is to make an application that will encrypt the files, and then inject code into the executable so that it will decrypt the files while reading them - meaning the decrypted files are never stored on the HDD, so the protection is completely unobtrusive to the end-user. I have no plans to make it commercial, so I'll probably post it up here some time when I manage it.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 21:29
No ones going to take all the time needed to research and beta an application, and put up with people saying this and that for free. No ones going to take months of their life and countless hours of talking over with beta testers as to what they need in an application. As Dave's now finding out, theres alot to actually putting one out, and it's going to need constant attention. No one's thats nice.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Benjamins vapor ware. At this point it's no more then a pipe dream, and wasn't even worth mentioning. At least Dave and s4 actually had a product to show prior to any announcement what so ever.

If you'd pay 10$ for M7 then whats Vishnu's cost in the broad scope? If you buy M5 and M6, whats Phoenix cost cost in the broad scope? If your making your own meshes with even the lowest quality, what are your hours of work worth in the broad scope?

Theres far to much involved in something thats constantly has to be updated to accommodate needs and concerns to just be a nice guy....At some point common sense must prevail over being frugal. To be honest? I wish s4 would have never sold Vishnu, and we just used it for our games. It's far more work at $10.95 then it's worth when judged next to my hourly wage(gotta add in the fact the Beta testers didn't pay for it).

Good luck though...
Loc

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 21:56
Quote: "Your search - "free Game Protection software" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
"

If you can't find it on Google..... it doesn't exist. For all the reasons stated above.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 22:17 Edited at: 7th Jul 2007 22:32
Quote: "I wouldn't hold my breath on Benjamins vapor ware. At this point it's no more then a pipe dream, and wasn't even worth mentioning. At least Dave and s4 actually had a product to show prior to any announcement what so ever."

I'll have you know I'm a well respected member of this community, and have spent many months programming free plugins. Add to that I'm a fairly experienced and competent programmer, and others here know my skills. Such brash statements will not earn you respect from others around here.

What I'm talking about doing will not take months, it'll just take some serious knowledge of the PE format and the way DBP packs executables. I won't go into detail as you probably won't understand it(unless you're as much of a geek as me), but rest assured I am capable of what I say, and I do not make false claims. I'm experienced enough to know when it's safe to state my near future actions. This isn't some thing where I've seen the thread and thought "oh I know, I'll try that". I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, and I have been researching things that are quite closely related to this.

Quote: "No ones going to take months of their life and countless hours of talking over with beta testers as to what they need in an application."

As a matter of fact, I did with my networking plugins. I spent countless months developing them, with no plans on selling them. I don't know about you, but I like to do things for this community. I like to make tools, and I like to help people. At this time I don't want to do any major projects unless for commercial purposes, but something like this isn't a major project.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 22:26 Edited at: 7th Jul 2007 22:28
Quote: "I wouldn't hold my breath on Benjamins vapor ware. At this point it's no more then a pipe dream, and wasn't even worth mentioning. At least Dave and s4 actually had a product to show prior to any announcement what so ever."

If Benjamin says he's doing it then he is. He certainly has that much credibility in this community. He's an experienced and talented programmer with a proven track record, I don't understand what the blind lack of faith in him is about.

Come see the WIP!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 22:51
I'll have ya know I've seen respected members not produce anything they say, and lead people on goose chases after a application that never arrives. If your going to do it, take the time you used to make that post to work on the project. I can say anything I'd like to say, but without a little proof my words may fall upon deaf ears. It isn't an insult to you. But you have nothing posted...and thus is VaporWare. If you don't like the assessment of your post, produce the product first thus laying any similarity of vaporware-gone-by to rest.

I don't care what you've worked on. I don't care that you think your someone on this forum. Pretty arrogant. Thats like saying "I'm someone". I'm nobody at all. Another poster, no more or less. And thus far I have a pretty unblemished record of doing exactly what I say I'll do. This means nothing, and makes me no one.

When Wetham put out his workshop did we hear of the storyboarding on how he arrived at what was going to be in it? No. When Dark Faction made Pheonix, did he only have the basis of an idea before he made a thread? Of course not.

Point being, "Never hold your breath for whats said to come...Only take stock in what you know to be self evident."

Will this push you to prove me wrong? Maybe, maybe not. I could care less. At the time this was written, there are 2 products that can deal with the save and load features of the newer versions of FPSC. There are no others...and till another comes out, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 23:02 Edited at: 7th Jul 2007 23:05
You've missed the point Locrian - this is a discussion board. I am discussing. I'm not making some huge announcement stating I'm making this and that. I quite frankly find it offensive that you would accuse me of making empty promises, and you have no right to do so.

I understand the vast amount of people that state they are going to do something and they don't, but that's either because they don't realise the task at hand, or they just give up because they have no self discipline. If you knew me, you would know that I am experienced enough to know what I can and can't do.

Quote: "When Wetham put out his workshop did we hear of the storyboarding on how he arrived at what was going to be in it? No. When Dark Faction made Pheonix, did he only have the basis of an idea before he made a thread? Of course not."

What does that have to do with anything? I posted a thread about one of my plugins prior to starting work on it, and I followed through.

If you want to continue this discussion, e-mail me. There's no point filling up someone else's thread with this nonsense.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 00:08
I never missed any point. You said what you wanted to, and I explained this has been said before(another was making a "free" protection application) and to not hold your breath. Both of our points on this discussion were expressed. Are you denying that others of similar stature within the community have not made similar claims only to have them fall at the wayside? Are you denying this is not the case when most post "ideas" and no project?

I have no reason to email you. That would take an effort I don't feel the need for. We'll see your application when you post it, and we can read all about it then. It's not that big of a deal to me to continue this behind closed doors.

And this is on topic. The question posed by forum member fpsfreak was:
Quote: "Ive searched but cant find a free Game Protection software. Do(*n't) point me too Phoenix or Vishnu(*but I need one please) (I dont have anything agaisnt them personally. I just dont want to pay for that.)"

My assessment of the question has the additions noted by "*" in the above quote. I think I filled in the question correctly, and answered the question to the best of my ability, and speaking no untruths about being weary of "VaporWare". I did not speak of ideas, or concepts, but what is available at the current time. I made no claim, and uttered no word of which I could not provide a direct answer or link to(meaning I can also link to so called apps that never were, as well). Was my assessment of third application for media protection unfounded? Is there one available at this time that I've missed in either the forums or the newsletters?

I'm not saying you can't do it. I'm just telling FPSFreak there are none available and to be leery of promises made, as users of any community have seen the best of intentions fall flat. (Hence: "Don't hold your breath.")

I guess I fail to see what "you" don't understand about my post. I try to come from the most logical, and sound, position possible any time I ever post. Very rarely will you see a "fluff" post from myself, other then thanking someone for giving to the community. On the other hand, when I do post, it is often long winded as so my words are not misconstrued.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 01:19 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 01:22
I understand completely that you want to warn people about vaporware, that's no problem. If you think what I'm referring to is vaporware, no problem. The issue is that in your original post you were rather rude and disrespectful about it, and no one appreciates being talked about like that. It gives the impression of hostility. Perhaps there is for some reason?

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 18:57
i fully support benjamin with people like him (or her) everyone's lifes are easier like me as i can barely code and my parents don't trust sites that are unkown so i have to make do with free stuff( except the model packs) so if you do make it it well done i'll be downloading it
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 21:02
@Ben,
I don't see where I said anything that wasn't 100% true. Now be it you may have liked me to word it differently, I never claim to be politically correct and candy coat anything. I find that a waste of time. Thats my sole reason. I'll say the same thing a year from now as I said then. It's more so I don't have to remember exactly what I said as I'll always say and feel the same way. It's a simple reason, but it works for me as to why I come across like I do.

@Underside,
This talk coming from the man who got banned for passing off C.O.D textures as his own?

Your only problem with me is you got smacked for the textures and the "Loc" back slappers took over that thread when I got that site shut down. You had to make a new thread about the "huge take down" to try and garner support and some following? Trying to make people forget perhaps? Did you feel left out? Will Diane tell Juan shes really married to his brother? *Suspenseful soap opera music plays*

It's nice if you've actually changed your ways an no longer pirate stuff, but if you have a problem with me, lay it all out. Tell people why you have the problem with me so they have some back ground from which to draw their conclusions on our debate or banter.

Though, I have no problem with Ben what-so-ever, you, I've never liked since you lied to our community. I don't give second chances to people ever! No time to sort out if peoples moral compass actually points "north" now, in light of their previous actions. So in the spirit of what Ben had said earlier, you I will take an email from to continue this if you so see fit. Matter a fact, I prefer a venue where the eloquence of my words can be fully utilized. So my challenge stands pumpkin. Feel free to email me. We can even post our discussions on a web site if you'd not mind people laughing at you.

This is my last viewing of this topic. Only came back this time as I was told on AIM, Underside was trying to lip off. I thought it rude not to answer Ben on why I conduct myself in the manner in which I do, wile I was addressing Underside. But here, I'm done.

Best
Loc

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 22:24
Quote: "I made the mistake of putting copyrighted media on these forums (I made them but shouldn't have posted them)."

You probably should have dropped that a long time ago.You know the COD guys never jumped on the forums,e-mailed any of us or anything and said "Hey,he made these for us."
If you were such a hero and made those textures then your COD buddies should have rushed to defend you.Nobody did.
But hey...that was water under the bridge until you started rambling about it again...and now a whole new generation of forum members knows about it.
You were doing fine for a while...until now.
Don't worry,you won't get moderated for your post or anything.It will be worse punishment to let the forum members deal with you.
BTW when you posted about your fight anginst injutice,inequity and all things piracy you probably forgot to mention this in your thread.
My guess is you could find your nearest pirate without leaving the house...
At any rate this thread is pretty much dead...so I am going to lock it.We all have e-mail,IM,etc. so we can debate,discuss,etc. this in private.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 22:26
BTW if anybody wants to know why the FPSC forum members suspect everything they don't see working as vaporware feel free to search for Riker 9 and read up on it...if you have the time and desire.
And,yes,I know I doubled posted.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:30:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:30:15