Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / eXtends 1.3 is out

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 12:36
Hi all,
I'm happy to announce you that Mike released it today.
Here is the list of all new things in this build :

Quote: "FIX/Changes on version 1.3 :
----------------------------
General:
- Added 2 new RTSkyboxes.
- Improved dynamic media handler for all commands-sets available in the plugin.
- Improved string handling to prevent some random crashes to happen.
Basic2D:
- Added XGui Mipmap Mode command informations.
Basic3D:
- Fixed B3D Get Objects Distance( Object1, Object2 ) bug.
Effects3D:
- Fixed command E3D Initialized()
RTSkySystem :
- Fixed the RTS Set Seconds "function not found" bug
- Fixed the problem with ZBuffer that cause some objects of the sky to disappear under some circumstancies.
- For ZBuffer reasons, RTSkySystem must be the last thing to be loaded to prevent conflit with other objects and unexpected problems.
- Fixed the RTS Set Auto Zoom crash.
VECTORS:
- Add Vector4 command : Result = V3D MAKE VECTOR4()
- Add Vector4 command : Null = V3D Delete Vector4(Vector4 Number)
- Add Vector3 command : Result = V3D MAKE VECTOR3()
- Add Vector3 command : Null = V3D Delete Vector3(Vector3 Number)
- Add Vector2 command : Result = V3D MAKE VECTOR2()
- Add Vector2 command : Null = V3D Delete Vector2(Vector2 Number)
MEMBLOCKS:
- add New memblock command : MBC Paste Image Memblock Source, X, Y, Width, Height, Memblock Target, X, Y
- add New memblock command : MBC Paste Image Memblock Source, Memblock Target, X, Y

HELP:
-Updated help to fit upgrade 1.3 changes."

If you encounter a problem with that build, feel free to send a report at support(@)odyssey-creators.com (remove the () in the mail)

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators
http://www.odyssey-creators.com

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 17:35
This is great

The RTS Set Auto Zoom command doesn't crash the application.

But how did you use that command? I think you forgot to add it in the help files or maybe I just couldn't find it.

is it RTS Set Auto Zoom Zoom# where;
Zoom# = 0.001 -> very far away
Zoom# = 1.0 -> normal zoom
or am I mistaken?

Atmosfear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 19:42
Only tested a few Examples. Bugs i found so far..

1) The Asteroids Game has no longer any Asteroid that shows up , Ship flys at a certain Point backwards and the Score is all the Time negative.

Remstart and Remend need to be removed in the Particles/Billboard Flames Example so that the Example work.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 23:04
@Atmosfear: You're right... Strange problem... the values I use from now eXtends 1.0 must know be reversed (mult by -1) ... Strange... don't know why.
I'll post a modified version of the Asteroids game soonly.

@Lukas: 1.0 is default size. >1.0 make skybox bigger and very far away ...
<1.0 will make skybox become smaller

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Atmosfear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 13:50
Found the Bug in Asteroids, simply remove the ` in Line 69 and 72 in Asteroids.dba and it works. I know why i dont use this Sign to remark

Regards

Atmosfear
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2007 17:17 Edited at: 29th Jul 2007 17:38
When scaling the skybox up the sun and moon are so big they take up the entire sky. I used rts get loaded object to scale them down but there's no effect. And sometimes the sun and moon "flip" in the sky like a coin.

Also this is probably just a directx bug but it's been annoying me for awhile now: the transparent part of virtual light halos turns blue when viewing the RTS through a light halo. It's like looking through the light halo makes the clouds invisible. Also, with eXtends particles in the daytime, if you look from underneath them up at the sky they're invisible. The only way to see them in the day is to view them against a non-RTS objects as a backdrop.

Apart from these RTS issues, eXtends has definitely gotten better. I'm glad that you said to load RTS last, now those RTS objects don't dissapear anymore. The two new skyboxes are great too.

[edit]

p3d clear particles does not delete the plains used for the particles, and with p3d delete particle I keep getting an error that it is not a recognized command.

This sig has been viewed times.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2007 12:00
@code dragon; can you send me a sample that reproduces the bug you mentioned and I'll fix it for 1.4 (send at support(@)odyssey-creators.com without the () )

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 00:34
Ok, I've sent the email.

Epimetheus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 01:12
The two new memblock commands are not in the documentation and are not recognized by the compiler.
Spotaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 04:34
Where and how do I get the upgrade. I own version 1.2. I've never upgraded any of my plugins, so I'm not sure what to do.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 10:09
@Spotaru : jump in PROFILE and then in ORDER Pwnload eXtends again and you'll get 1.3

@Epimetheus : it's a string table miss...
You can add this line in the 2nd String table from DBProMemblocksExtends.dll :
Quote: "20, "MBC Paste Image%LLLLLLLLMCopyMemblockImage%SourceMBC, X, Y, Width, Height, TargetMBC, X2, Y2""

The Source, X, Y, Width, Height, Memblock Target, X, Y
should then work.

@Code Dragon: I've checked your sample. It seems to me that objects are scaled like it should but not positioned correctly. Will fix that.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 20:13
@Code Dragon: pb with sun/moon fixed for 1.4
@Epimetheus: pb fixed for 1.4

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 20:29
I also hav ethe same problems as code dragon.
When will 1.4 be released?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 01:44
@Lukas: I wait a bit .. to see if others bugs are reported.

What will also be new in 1.4 :
- NULL = EXT Initialized() is now obsolete. No more need to include it.
- No more need to add a COMPILER_INCLUDES() function containing all commands to force compiler to include needed DLLs. DLL Dependencies are handled directly within the DarkBASIC Professional compiler (GetDependencyID, GetNumDependencies support directly inside the eXtends plugins)
- All eXtends plugin DLLs names changed (because containing DBPro inside the name caused the compiler to not check for dependencies)

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 05:17
Cool. It will be nice not having to remember to put the initialized() functions in anymore.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 20:24
How about for 1.4 a new command to make a sphere that uses the two optional parameters rows and columns?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 22:24
Please be more precise.
Give an example of command name with parameters

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 22:34
I think he means returnVal = B3D Make Object Sphere( size, rows, columns).

To define this, I would say he mean how many polygons there will be on the X (rows) axis and Y (colums) axis.

For example b3d make object sphere( 100, 8, 8 ) will make a low-poly mesh (64 polygons), while b3d make object sphere( 100, 24, 24 ) will make a detailed mesh (576 polygons).

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 22:49
ok
I'll add this for next release.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 23:52 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2007 23:54
Freddix, I've found the source of the problem I've been having with virtual light halos becoming the backdrop color. (see attached pic) It has to do with DBPro's object ghosting. I've searched the forums and found that using PNG images for textures then applying set object transparency object, 2 fixes this problem.

So for 1.4 I think you should change the extends behavior from ghosting to set object transparency and that problem should disappear, the only downside is that the images need to be converted from JPG to PNG and given the correct alpha. Making a program to find the correct alpha to convert them might be hard though...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 12:47
Ok
I'll check to fix that for 1.4...
I plan to release it for september ... if Mike does not take as long as he take to release 1.3 ... for 1.4 ...

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 18:42 Edited at: 25th Aug 2007 18:44
Well, I made a mock-up of the light halos as PNGs and did some tests, but it seems to make the problem worse. They work perfectly until you load the real time sky. Once you do only some of the black is transparent so it looked horrible. I also noticed that whenever viewing a transparent object the clouds disappear. So maybe it isn't a good idea. If I figure out any way to fix this I'll let you know.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 00:31
the problem is that there are no control on z-buffer for images and DBPro put them in ID order ...
I generally advice to load real-time sky after all other objects.
Lights halos works correctly with RTSky in X-Quad Editor.
I will check my source code and say you how it can be setup to work correctly.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 04:09 Edited at: 27th Aug 2007 05:18
Added this code to my project:

Problem solved. Solved my problem with particles too. This is the high of my day, simply elated... Except for a very minor graphical glitch with the halos, works great.

Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 00:59 Edited at: 30th Aug 2007 03:12
I'd like to request a way to have the dynamic objects/images/etc. to start after a certain object... so something like b3d set object start point(5) would start from object 5 and up, allowing the use of Advanced Terrain, etc.

[EDIT]
Uggghhh... I feel stupid I didn't realize I could save the terrain out as an object, ignore this... but... there might still be a point to it. Whatever works ^-^
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 12:45
I can maybe make more,
Add a command to create Advanced Terrain dynamically like for others eXtends commands do ?

Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 15:17
Freddix: That would work... but... there's a way around it. It's not necessary. I just thought of something... what about the set camera to image command? How would I do that?
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 16:33
You can try this command :
IMAGEID = IMG Set Camera To Image( CAMERA, WIDTH, HEIGHT )
IMAGEID = IMG Set Camera To Image( CAMERA, WIDTH, HEIGHT, GENERATE_ALPHA )
They should work but I don't remind if I exposed them in 1.3 .. In all cases, they're exposed for 1.4 (soonly released)

korodai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 08:32
Do the bitmap fonts work with Windows Vista? I get a Windows error when I use any of those commands. Even the included examples won't run for me in Vista. It works great in XP.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:30:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:30:37