Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dark BASIC Network Programmers Studio (ONLINE)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 07:40
Aha Its Complete Now all i need is Rich or someone from the DB Soft. Team saying i can release this without them sueing me as it bears the name Dark BASIC

What is it you ask, its an awsome tool for organization of the Dark basic Community, organized more than this post mind you

how did this start, well some of you who noticed the pics of the nFinity project rival i made was running an OS made in DBPro it had a Subroutine devoted to making an XBOX live like Multiplayer enabler i sent out my creation to different companys but it was not wanted so i adapted the program to being an organizer that allows the DB community to be more effective in making teams and asking questions

Basically it is a Studio in which you login and go online to
[]Chat Live With other DB Programmers
[]Post questions in its forum
[]You can create a listing of your created program
[]you can post any code snippets you have created
[]Post help wanted requests
[]Start a DarkBASIC.NET Project
which essentially is a project on which Dark BASIC Programmers can collaborate in a team to organize theyre game/software idea and code while having the rest of the community be able to view some of the work going on
[]You can also send DB.NET Mail
which lets you message people offline so they can receive it when they logon
[] you can post news on your Project By Creating a Web-Page like
area that has information and even links to the downloads area

it is very organized this post is messy cause its late on this side of the world and im tired.
IT IS DONE I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE DB DOESN'T SUE ME
Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 07:59
well upload a trial version... DBS can't endorse something they can't see

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 17:15
i dont want to be sued ive had bad expirence with these sort of things do you find it interesting Raven

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 18:07
Sounds like a good idea Eddie

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 20:55 Edited at: 6th Jun 2003 21:08
heres a pic

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 21:26
looks pretty cool, have you got a download link or something so we can try it out?

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the sufferening.....
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 21:40
You won't get sued. I released DarkBasic Particle Studio and I got just compliments from them. Many others have done the same thing, don't worry

You're a fellow DB coder, the worst they can do is ask you to change the name!

You are the th person to view this signature.
Programmers don't die, they just Gosub without return....
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 23:40
Yeah, you guys woudl probably know but I'm almost positive they wouldnt sue you, especially if you put a notice in the credits or something like:

DarkBasic, DarkBasic Pro, and all other DarkBasic names/Abbreviations belong to DarkBasic (http://www.darkbasic.com).

Something like that, I woudl just do it anyway to be nice and be safe.

Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 23:41
I spelled "would" wrong both times, sorry about that.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 02:42
if they sued you theyd know that it wouldnt do wonders for what the community thinks of them, and after all we are the customers... oh yeah is it free?

uk.geocities.com/maniacimagine check it out. ill soon be formally opening it.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 16:08
they can't sue you if
a) you don't charge for it
b) you don't try to trademark the name

and really even if they tried they'd first be suggested to get a Cease&Desist by their lawyer - then would come the actual courtcase, which remember they live in the UK and cases of this nature are actualy frowned upon because the court system is already overly used.
probably cost them more than it'd be worth, plus thier not big enough for the PR retribution to actually be worth it.

that aside they generally support community projects that bare thier name or help the community, GuyS for example developed DarkEdit which was a free replacement to the DBIDE and they actually licensed the software and hired him to make the IDE for DBP.
So really thier history certainly suggests against any legal actions of anykind in this field.

so i'll suggest again, release to the community and i'm sure DBS will let you know if they do or don't like it and about what should happen about the name.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 02:40
yeah hurry up and release it damnit!!!

SS1k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 21:17
Introsting idea. An chat utility to create oppen-sorce Dark Basic projects. Cool idea, will definatly blow the Remote Build feature in Jamagic out of the water.

I eagarly awate releace.

.:SIDEP0CKET:.
:..>Mind is Thought
:..>Play is Fun
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 02:16
ok!, yes its free, fine ill upload it in a minute.

some new features is a plugin type of thing called Visual Dark BASIC Pro it lets you create projects from templates and uses stuff like the .dll that lets you make windows menus and creates save functions and etc. its basically a 3D application oriented Visual C++ for dark basic so im changing the name to Visual Dark BASIC.NET

oops sorry i am being kicked of the computer ill upload it tommarow

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 19:25
Ok to Finish what i was saying it has templates and a management type of system that allows you to take bits of code like functions and Subroutines and manage them so you can integrate them into the program so all you have to do is tell it in what order the functions are called so really complex code can be viewed on several levels for example:

i have 3 functions they are saved as any ASCII formated document so i can view them as source code or:

i can integrate them into my project as BITZ(thats what i called em) or pieces of code that can be used and just call them as reactions to clicking a menu IE, If you click the start button and the Function that detects if a menu item has be selected returns a positive or menu number then it decides what Function to call

Or you can also view it as a visual image that shows you what your menu looks(or your scene,BSP,Matrix,Models) like after certain buttons have been clicked (like in Visual C++ 6 you can see your windows menus depending on the buttons pressed). so you can make menus visually with the code generated automaticaly. these also include placing objects, and matrixes, it has an A.I. Generator that is like a list of ways that something reactes to its surrondings.

plus you can setup what type of game automaticaly like 1st 3rd and then you tell the program what keys do what like the ^up key makes the person move forword.

?Questions i think i explained this yes its still an online thing when i tried to put both together it sort of crashed with syntax and nesting all over the place so this might take a week to finish

P.S. you view the code "BITZ" like a tree chart then you can view the propeties of when its called in a window next to your tree i'll post a screen in a minute

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
Well its tomorow!!!! Hurry please! Itlooks really good!

[br]mikey
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 19:52
Yeah, I want it!

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 19:57 Edited at: 9th Jun 2003 20:02
Editor Pics

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 20:01
Linky is broken

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 20:03
its up now i had to figure out what the file name was

Questions, Comments, Confusions

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 20:04
now that i look at it i want to redo the way it looks its kind of sloppy

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 20:08
No! At least release a version today I really want to see it REALLY BAD REEEAAALLLLYYY BAD! Looks good to me anyway thugh

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 21:40 Edited at: 9th Jun 2003 21:41
[Edit]

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 21:41 Edited at: 9th Jun 2003 21:45
i cant release one today neway the code is buggy you will like the finished version that works its basicaly a way to organize your code and add things

BTW it cant edit code so if ne1 can help, its mostly written in DarkBASIC believe it or not

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 22:50
Major Story Update Shadow Factor Networks was desinged as an Operating System for an amature developer oriented gaming console i tried to send the design to multiple companies but it ultimatly failed...

So i decided to turn it into a Visual Programming Studio for Dark BASIC pro users after a few weeks of tweeking you are presented with these two products:

Visual Dark Basic Programming Studio : THE IDE
This is the editor That allows you to organize your programs source files and generate visual things like Menus, AI and, Matrixes in a wysiwyg environment. It also features a .Dll and media manager. plus it adds a new VDBPro Scripting Language that allows you to create Environmental Effects and other "BITZ" Of Code From Templates, this scripting language is used to make this the most flexable editor possible.

And...

Dark BASiC.NET : THE ONLINE STUDIO
This part of the Program will allow you to go online and get code chat with other Dark BASiC Users you can look for programs and list your own then create an info site devoted to your project so other can find your project and join your workgroup or download your program

Features:
[]Chat Live With other DB Programmers
[]Post questions in its forum
[]You can create a listing of your created program
[]you can post any code snippets you have created
[]Post help wanted requests
[]Start a DarkBASIC.NET Project
which essentially is a project on which Dark BASIC Programmers can collaborate in a team to organize theyre game/software idea and code while having the rest of the community be able to view some of the work going on
[]You can also send DB.NET Mail
which lets you message people offline so they can receive it when they logon
[] you can post news on your Project By Creating a Web-Page like
area that has information and even links to the downloads area

When it comes together you have

Visual Dark BASiC.NET
A Powerful tool for your programming needs

Future updates include a 3d Movie renderer

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 22:56
Now just get it uploaded within a week and we'll all walk away happily lol...

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 23:03
ok im gonna work offline for a while so ill see what people have said tommorow

Artifact Basic-5%
Epic Crossings RPG-25%
CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 10:49 Edited at: 11th Jun 2003 10:50
"You can also send DB.NET Mail"

does this mail get stored if it is sent to you while you are offline? and how? (same with the forums... how will posts be stored? are you devoting a computer to this to act as a server?)

sounds useful, good luck.

baseball = life
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 14:06
looks cool. hey did you make it with Darkbasic or with some other language like C++?

Heh heh... Mule...
http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
He will rpboally put a InternetBRowser control and link it to a Web Page with a Forum on .. as for mail well theres alway MySQL DB's

[br]mikey
Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 17:42
Maybe he's forgotten about us

darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup we're now officialy alone

[br]mikey
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2003 03:02 Edited at: 16th Jun 2003 04:50
no i was having trouble logging in on my home pc so ive found another computer plus the fact that i was out of town,

now onto the questions

no webpages involved in the mail or forums, yes its stored even if your offline.

and as for the DBPro Or C++ the awnser is yes the chat and forums are in dbpro and the programming studio is in C++ its actually several programms combined it also has a thing where you can create MMO games on the Shadow Factor Networks.

also it has tons of new commands added to dbpro like compression tools and menus, popup screens, printer support and its all writtin by me so its royalty free.

Ok next Questions

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2003 20:59
no questions, just demands,
RELEASE IT NOW!!!!!or asap

ARE YOU A 3D MODELER??? IF SO WE NEED YOU!!!
EMAIL mynameisnoneofyourbuisness@hotmail.com to work on the new Star Strike project!!!
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2003 23:49
i cant release it now im reconstructing the Visual Dark BASiC interface and atempting to make the chat 3D but i will release it asap, might have to wait till the end of the month.

but trust me it will be worth it, as it has more features than the regular ide and new commands that add more window like features as well as wysiwyg menu design and scene creations, and it can clean your code and tabulate it.

i did notice that it takes longer for a DBPro Programmer to migrate to the Visual Dark BASiC interphase its like using the rpg maker then going right into C++ the next day.

hard to learn, worth the wait

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 19:29
Updates
Name Change: Since i'de like to make money off commercial use of the game(still free to people who just want to make free games) but cant sell it cause of the DB in the name i changed it to finally being called VIsual Programmer Studio (Orange) cause thats what i call the scripting of the language library.

Orange Mesh Plugin: Allow you to mesh animate your characters in the ide and then texture and save as a completely compressed and encrypteded file that includes the texture and animation then
VPSOrange can create a load and animate function directly in your program.

Emulator Template: Template Allows you to write or use precreated scripts to create a program that uses a rom-like file to play games(could possibly be adapted for other types of roms (like gameboy roms))

Dark WinEMU: Windows Emulating Plugin allows you to create Scripts that execute as called functions that add custom Menus and buttons with a theme. support radio buttons and text input.

Direct Effect Orange: Tool that can create particle or other environmental effects that can be triggered by if cases and placed using plugins, the environmental effect is called by each scene its in and placed during the scene setup and controlled automatically.

ScenePeel: is used to position objects player collision boxes and other parts of a scene includes matrix controls and bsp setup

Flat Orange: 2D art creator/sprite animator

Angeleyes
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL...

I HOPE this is true, but I feel it could be a wind up you guys. ^_~.

Ta ta for now
Mary

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 00:41
uh didnt understand but i forgot to say its a rapid development environment so since the avarage DBer puts out less than 1 game a year they could do 1.5 games but it still retains flexability to.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 01:35
hmm originally it was just for db users to hang around and share ideas... now its turning into a dev tool... will this be a while in the making?

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 16:42
yeah it did become a dev tool but its still a communication tool

b.t.w.
up to 10 people can work on 1 project at a time editing source and stuff it can be worked on indevidually as well(which is probly best)

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 19:38
that'll be weird with more than one person working on a project at once, you'll all be correcting each other or changing stuff, could be useful though

hi guys
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
:-s This is changing from the original promises... :\

[br]mikey
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 23:23
nope this is actually 2 application combinded DB.NET and Visual Programmers Studio Orange(Orange)

Updates

Project Builder:starts projects from templates and askes for you to create part specific to the selcted genre goes through and asks you to design logos, icons, and menus, levels, etc visually. you can edit the code and change parts of the orange script as you go. it simple but good for beginners to use

KeyMapper and TotalControl:Control Emplementation into your project instantly.

b.t.w.
this is a DBPro Programming tool but ill release one for DBC Called Visual Programmers Studio Yellow(Lemon)

and one for C++ and C
C++
Visual Programmers Studio Blue(Blueberry)
And
C
Visual Programmers Studio LightBlue(Fruit Thats Light Blue)

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 00:06
So, what's the update on the release?

I'm dieing to try this out!

http://www.geocities.com/yellow1dbp/blankstudio.html
Let me know if you want your site to have a link on my page.
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 23:42 Edited at: 21st Jun 2003 23:44
PLZ keep bodily fluids to a minimum, drool and such
this is the interface, i wanted to show you the Modular Kernal it allows you to program applications like modelers and stuff for the IDE it show 2 apps a cd player that took me 60 seconds to write in Orange script and the source editor im working on(yes i will add keyword highlighting). The Interpreter is a built in app that runs the code inside the program. if you look at it it reminds you of an Operating System as thats what its derieved from.

if i get a big responce to it i might take a screenshot of the mesh model animator(not yet done).

i was playing with the orange scripter last night (as i had just finished it) its fun as hell to make Modules with it does all sorts of stuff. you could actually write a multipained(*spelling) windowed app with menus that looks like the editor for DBPro (it wont work as well without the added functions) in about 5 mins.

if you were curios that window-emu is called WINLOW, the first that i made just to run with the newly finished module kernal, cause its low quality, made mostly to run on slower systems, and any modules loaded can be compiled to run out side the program.

what do you think.

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 17:18
no comments???
i thought you'de love this.

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 19:06
BTW it supports buttons and stuff in you windows-like apps uses a similer "gadget" interface like in Visual Basic but can also be used for games by providing images as buttons and detecting the menu clicks

has a text editor, took me ages to program in DBPro, but works really well

Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 20:11
Wha? Oh we do! We're just so sick and tired fo waiting after you said you were gunna release it! Lol.. just playin', looks great!

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on, eh?

Current DBPro Savings Report: $1.40 Saved
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 21:22
lol, it will take time to finish the whole thing.

i say it again worth the wait it is.

Inkybro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 23:35
Can't wait!

Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored! Faint - Linkin Park

One minute your on top! Next you're not, watch you drop! Linkin Park- Hit the Floor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:58:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:58:59