Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Abient Light refuses to work properly!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 19:13
I've done this in the past so I know it's possible. I've also searched the forums and found no help. Basically all I want to do is make the whole level pitch black so that only my placed lights work. I think it would give me a lot more control over the situation.

So I made a new setuplevel.FPI and set ambience to 0 naturally assuming that would work fine. I made sure I was using that fpi in the build game settings. on testing the level there was absolutely no difference. So I go back to my build settings and rather than edit the fpi I edit it via FPSC. still nothing, but on revisiting the build game settings and editing my fpi the abience has magically reset back to 25. Basically the FPI edits itself and I can rarely get what I want since it changes up the numbers all it wants.

To make a long story short, I finally managed to get ambience to 0 and ambience red and green to 0 but couldnt get blue to anything other than 255. If anything the ambient lighting should be blue if not complete black but there was no difference as to before I began.

Does anyone know whats going on here? I'm running Vista and I've read about a lot of other peoples problems with it. Is that the problem do you think?

Thanks all in advance!

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 19:24 Edited at: 7th Oct 2007 19:25
I used to have this problem too. I got round this by setting blue to 'x' (not a number). Click apply. The go back into the global script settings. If it's changed blue back to 255 or whatever, then set it as 'x' again, and then set another field to 'x' such as overall ambience or ambience red. It doesn't matter if some fields have 0 in them, and some fields have 'x' (or another letter), it should work all the same. If THAT doesn't work, then go back into global script, follow steps 1 and 2, and then set a third field to 'x'.

Hope that helps

Creator of zombies

Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 19:25
I believe that sometimes, you need to change something else with it, befor it will work.

Suicidal Sledder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 01:40
Well I tried your idea but it gave me an error and now even after thanging them all to 0s I still get the error so im still working on it

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 02:02
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but be sure to press enter after typing each number in the Build Game/Level Setup/ambience settings. Since blue is last, be sure to press enter after changing it instead of just pressing apply or exiting.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 02:49
...and then try saving your game straight after you've changed them, before you test your game.

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 08:14
well i left my ambience alone and put a triggerzone where my start point is and in the main area on my triggerzone [;Header

desc = ambience by BenjaminA

;Triggers

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:ambience=2,ambiencered=1,ambiencegreen=2,ambienceblue=2:state=0

;End of Script]

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 08:15
sorry about my last post i wasnt sure how to use the sript thingy. Any her's my revised edition: Well i left my ambiance alone and put a triggerzone where my start point is and in the main area on my triggerzone i put this script

Suicidal Sledder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2007 05:41
eh well I still seem to be stuck on getting some stupid error that says basically "This program has errored and needs to close. extra degun info: 0,0" or something like that... I think im going to end up having to re-install

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2007 08:22
Well usually that error means that it's looking for a file that isn't there. Reinstall it and install the most current updates. That's pretty much all the advice I could give you...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2007 08:38
@Suicidal Sledder:

First off, I love the name. Goes perfectly with your avatar. Big fan over here, lol.

Secondly, I posted this not too long ago... Believe it was almost 24 hours ago.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115774&b=23

If you read into that, I'm basically saying if you don't HAVE any lights that are ACTIVATED in your level then the ambience will be set to the HARD CODED (as in, these values are INSIDE the FPSC-Game.exe) default values.

Hope that was of some help.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

PS: I noticed you said you searched for this... I guess you searched a LITTLE too early, lol.

Dammit, Jim! I'm a programmer not a graphic designer!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:32:18